Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-11-21, 12:28 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 25 minutes (catching up on the challenge) and will go to yin yoga class later. Things are looking up as the vertigo has subsided. I have a place to go for the procedure for the head spinning (as Diana said!), but I checked in with a neurologist friend of a friend and he said not to do it if I am not symptomatic, so I am holding off if until it comes back. The shoulder pain has subsided, so I will do the PT this week, making sure the therapist does not push it too hard. The doctor is off next week, but the week after I am going to see him and talk to him more about the treatment.

Cheryl, it sounds so lovely there. Is DD going to do school remote or will you send her to school there?

Cynthia, we definitely went a bit feral here as well, but have been trying to clean up. I sort of have a schedule here. We let the cleaning lady go so that did not help things.

Linda, sounds like the news on your shoulder was not as bad as it could have been, but I can see that having the arm in a sling would be a major disruption to life. Hope that if you hang in there you will have this thing healed, but sounds like it has been a long, frustrating issue for you. Feeling your pain! My shoulder has not been as debilitating. Luckily the amount of freezing has not been so much as to impeded most of my activities and the amount of pain has not been that bad (except when the guy tried to cure me!)

Diana, lots of steps of late!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 06:01 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I rode the stationery recumbent bike to rest the arm/shoulder. Typing sure isn't helping. I feel every little movement.

Lynn, I had surgery on Nov. 30, 2020 followed by 12 weeks of PT getting range of motion back. Then I did 5 weeks of strengthening on my own. Everything was great for a few weeks until I got the second covid injection. The Dr says it's a coincidence that I woke up the day after the shot with a bad shoulder/arm. The pain has been in the arm but the shoulder had very little ROM again. I say there are no coincidences. Crossing my fingers that the dr doesn't want to go in to clean up the debris.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 08:46 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I had a busy day, so no workout.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 08:33 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 5,609
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy! Have a great start to your week!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-12-21, 02:12 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Sorry to have been MIA. I enjoyed my friend's visit. Haven't exercised since my Friday swim.

Various joints are bothering me & I'm going to the chiropractor this afternoon.
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 04:45 PM  
seabliss

I did my first workout since Nashville! I did a Heather Roberston unweighted upper body workout. It was good--I was already feeling it in the warmup! And we walked a lot today, as usual. As we were walking up a long hill, I said to DH, "Who needs stairclimbers?"

Lynn, DD wants to go to public school. But first we need to find our longer-term place. So much to do, and we still don't have our phones working properly yet!

Linda, glad you will be able to do some exercise as you recover.

Diana, I saw your mention about things at VF. I missed it--what is happening?

Cheryl
Old 07-12-21, 04:52 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, I had never heard of Porto. I love your descriptions and pictures so much! I hope to have a vacation there after the pandemic is over.
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 05:22 PM  
lynnf

barre 3, which was actually a yoga class. My regular yoga class is off, due to my teacher being off. I also had PT, which was a standard PT this time, with no torture, after my talking to my therapist. Warm up some exercises and stretches and it went fine.

Cheryl, sounds like you are settling in, but of course it will take time to get everything sorted out. Give yourself grace! Phones take quite a while to work out in Europe, I know. Pretty soon you will need to get yourself some dumbbells though for Heather. You don't need many.

Linda, I can imagine that this does sound like a very suspicious coincidence. Same here with my vertigo and the PT torture. The vertigo did go away, and everyone said that the torture and the vertigo were probably coincidental, but my neurologist did say that maybe after so much pain, my brain just couldn't process what it had been able to process what it could have processed before. Maybe something like that happened with you.

Diana, I was wondering too, what issues are happening with VF.

Cynthia, glad you had fun with your friend. After such a long lockdown we all deserve some enjoyable socializing.
Old 07-12-21, 05:24 PM  
lynnf

ps: Just looked at some images of Porto -- wow, it is gorgeous!
Old 07-12-21, 05:27 PM  
Diana3271

The database error code. Here's the thread on it.http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231352 I was able to maneuver around so I could check-in. But it got me to thinking about what if something happened to VF. There are other sites where we could check-in. It would be good to have an idea of where everyone's going before something happened.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana