Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-27-21, 08:59 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 weights work out -- sadly they had more upright rows. Saw my PT. I am making progress, though still have a way to go, but I think after one more visit I will be on my own.

Cynthia, that would be very mean. But I know Pure barre is super tough. I just don't do that level of pain any more (after P 56 experience, and some the Daily Method, I don't want to come out of class sore all over).

Cheryl, loved your video.

Diana, glad you didn't have any bad side effects from the vaccine. Everyone is in a panic here about Covid. We have so many kids in the children's hospital sick -- more than we ever had had. Very sad.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 09:19 PM  
Diana3271

Hi everyone, our internet is down so I will make my post tomorrow. Have a Blessed evening

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 06:23 AM  
seabliss

Yesterday I did an upper body band workout from MadFit, and I added on some pushups, triceps pushups, and shoulder presses with the band. Plus we walked almost six miles again. We discovered a wonderful new part of town that was lively and colorful.

We were planning to leave on a train excursion tomorrow to other parts of Portugal to make sure of where we want to settle, but a train strike just started today. So we are going to rent a car instead. Not as fun and a little more nerve-wracking (finding our way around), but more flexible and probably safer from Covid (DD is too young for the vaccine, and I guess you can still catch Delta with the vaccine). We will have to do a Covid test before staying in most hotels (some may accept our vaccine card).

My uncle passed away yesterday from Covid. And the pastor of the church we visited here Sunday is in the hospital with it. So it has not subsided as hoped.

Cynthia, that Denise program sounds refreshing. I am looking forward to getting my weights again! Also, thank you for the kind words about my speaking voice, as I've had some people tease me about it before and I'm a little self-conscious about it!

Lynn, glad you are recovering! l decided whenever there are upright rows, I will do lateral raises instead, haha. Thank you for the kind words about the video! We don't know what we are doing with video-making, but we are learning. We watched a lot of videos like ours when we were researching our move. We are hoping we can help other people too.

Diana, I hope you love your new dishwasher. It is very inconvenient to have those kinds of issues!
Old 07-28-21, 09:16 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I know of some young people who have the Delta variant here. They were not not vaccinated. They actually got it from a vaccinated person who has mild symptoms.

Yesterday: 1 hour outdoor walk and CS Hips and Back

Steps for yesterday: 11,750
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-28-21, 05:10 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

That Delta variant is really scary. DD plans to go to Las Vegas in 2 weeks for the star trek convention. Most of the headliners have cancelled but there's no dissuading her.

I don't think I would ever workout on a beach IRL, but today Denise and I were on Paradise Island. Sunscreen not required.

I decided to start swimming again next Monday. I won't be going on Friday, and the pass is by the month, not by the swim. DD wants to visit her grandparents, for probably the last lime. They're 97 and 96, and grandpa is having extreme health issues. DD made an appointment as it were, with the caregiver, who told her that all the vaccinated relatives have been visiting. So I offered to drive her. The visit won't last more than a half hour b/c they tire quickly. They're in San Mateo, about 90 minutes drive.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 08:55 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

DH is having the carpel tunnel surgery on his left hand tomorrow morning.

Check-In: CS 1026 Feet Flexibility & Strength

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-28-21, 09:03 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, praying for successful surgery and recovery.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 10:48 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 cardio 30 minutes. Barre 3 isn't really so much barre anymore. Saw the doctor, who was very pleased with my improved range of motion in my shoulder. He thought the torture PT was helpful, and joked that they play music in the room loud to drown out the screams. At any rate we agreed that I would do one more PT session, do stretches at home for a month on my own and he thought I would probably be completely unfrozen at that point, but I would come back in a month and we would see where we were.

Cheryl, so sorry about your uncle. Hope you have a good time driving around Portugal (though definitely driving in Europe can be nerve wracking). I was very impressed with your video skills!

Diana, it is pretty scary about vaccinated people now getting Delta, along with the unvaccinated. We are all really scared about going back to teaching at the end of August.

Cynthia, that is nice of you to drive your DD to visit her grandparents. My mom is doing amazingly well BTW. She is now walking a bit and her caretaker is getting her to do all sorts of things and keeping her in great spirits. And to think that not too long ago the doctors were telling us that it wouldn't be unreasonable to just let her go (and deny her the care we gave her that kept her alive today).
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 04:56 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Thank you for the prayers for my DH.

Steps for yesterday: 6,551
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-29-21, 02:59 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone! My DH did well with his carpel tunnel surgery and we're back home. Praise the Lord and thank you for your prayers.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana