Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-20-21, 06:13 PM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Pratima: Sorry your dad is having all these troubles. My dad is doing okay. My mom tested positive too. She lost her sense of smell and was really tired, but now she’s just bored staying home all the time. My dad re-tested yesterday and was negative. Mom re-tests Thursday.

My good trail isn’t that far away, but with traffic and lights it’s almost 30 minutes.

Good luck this week. Every kid is different, but my older daughter went through so many rough patches, with some pretty bad times, but she’s doing well now. At least as far as I can tell. I haven’t seen her in almost 2 months. I’m hoping to go visit in a few weeks. She just turned 21, and I really want to go get a drink with her. Younger DD was great—perfect kid for so long—and now is acting up. You just never know!
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 09:13 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy first day of fall! Best season of all, in my opinion. The leaves are changing here, more up north than here at home but I do still see some color. This morning it is 46 with a predicted high of 67. Vannie and Cyric are happy campers!

Yesterday's workouts: 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 29, Kathy Smith Matrix Method Power Walk for Weight Loss Walking part 2 (for the different instructors/virgins/dustbunnies challenge), TTSL Desk Jockey WOD 5 rounds, Caroline Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout and Barefoot Strength and Stretch Exercises Workout for Your Feet, Hector Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, 2.18 mi run (first run this month, how is that possible??), Helen Clare Run Better With Yoga -Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, and Matt Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice. Forgot to do the wobble board last night.

Yesterday I finished the front door spider web and spiders and posted a pic on TF. I also hung up witch hats that will be lit up and ghosts on the front porch. Last year the ghosts were in a tree, which looked cool, but I spent the whole month untangling them and trying to keep the from sticking to the tree. I decided to try the porch this year. Basically all of October is windy here. I'm hoping today will be calm so I can spray paint my Halloween tree. I'm also looking up how to make a crystal ball and witch broom. I suppose I better get some stuff crossed off my to do list today before I indulge in more decorating though!

Only two weekends left of Ren Fest! I know every month seems to fly by but I seriously do not know what happened to September. I had no idea till I logged yesterday's run that I hadn't run since August 31. I wonder if I decided to skip my October trail race bc I missed runs or if I missed runs bc I decided to skip?? Unfortunately, the running app I used this summer was not a good fit for me and I lost endurance even though I did pick up my cadence and speed. So I ditched that plan and will resume with the 10k trainer. I left off on week 7 but am going back to week 5, I think.

Okay, I better get the day started! Happy fall, y'all!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 09:28 AM  
Vantreesta

Pratima, I'm so sorry to hear your dad isn't doing well. I hope your brother can convince him to move but I'm sure it's difficult to give up what he knows. I loved seeing your Halloween house pics when you sent them before. Where does he store everything? It's funny you mentioned your kids haven't said anything about costumes. I told hubby the other day, you know, if I chose a costume that had a mask I could pass as a kid and go trick or treating this year. No idea why I felt like doing that! Obviously I won't but somehow thought it would be fun to do again. I think I was reliving old memories and missing childhood and my mom.

Alison, I'm sorry to hear your dad has covid. I hope he recovers fully and quickly. Good on you training for a century! I found a century training plan once and started on it then realized there was zero chance I would ever do one without someone IRL doing it with me. Even then there would have to be a really good incentive!

Daphne, so glad you had a nice OBX getaway! Sorry about the sad sunrises without Nema but I always figure we are blessed to have people and furbabies we love enough to miss when they are gone. Lately I have been seeing my mom and Chianna everywhere. I miss D'Argo too and loved him as much as my other dogs, but there was smthg extra special about Chianna, my doggie soulmate. Sorry your hamstring keeps bothering you. Mine had been feeling great the past few weeks but yesterday after I did pyramid pose, without even going very far at all, they are hurting again. So frustrating! I am just going to have to have a chair or similar higher prop set up at the beginning of every yoga practice to make sure I remember I really can't do forward bends anymore. Sigh. Glad you were told to keep up with workouts though! I'm glad the current thinking is more along those lines than the old advice of rest and immobilization for injuries. Movement is medicine as Caroline Jordan always says!

Thanks for checking out my village pics! I get so excited!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-24-21, 04:06 PM  
Vantreesta

Another don't wanna day but I made myself get downstairs and did a Jessica Smith Cardio Core walk and then came upstairs to do a Happy Yoga episode off the DVR. Glad I did! I'm starving though bc I never ate lunch. Fixing to make cookies, which is not smart when you're hungry!!

Old 09-27-21, 01:37 PM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Good news—both my parents seem to have recovered from COVID and their 10-day-later tests came back negative. Hopefully they don’t have long-term effects. With any luck, I’ll get to see them and DD next month

I did all my training rides and strength workouts last week. I’m only 12 days out—and 12 days from turning 50! I couldn’t do this weekend’s long ride during daylight hours, so I did an epic 3.5 hour Peloton-athon on the spin bike. It was 8 classes, just about 44 miles. At first I thought I’d never make it, but doing all those short rides stacked together made it go faster.

I also ran yesterday for the first time in 2 months. We did 5 min run/2 min walk for 4.5 miles. It felt surprisingly ok, although my quads are really sore today. I also ate way too many sweet treats after! I need to focus my nutrition for this crazy long ride. I still don’t know how I’m going to make the jump from training to 100 miles—I haven’t ridden anywhere near that much. If it’s like a marathon, where 20 miles is the longest training run, I need to ride 75 miles this weekend, which I don’t see doing in the 4.5 hours in the plan. Although if the government shuts down, I’ll have lot of time to ride! Yoi. I’m getting tired of these last-minute “will we or won’t we shut down?” issues. But I digress.

Hope all is well!
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-21, 05:44 PM  
Vantreesta

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231817

I started a new thread for fall!