Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-09-22, 08:59 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - All Things Are Difficult Before They Are Easy. 1/9

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 09:09 AM  
sciencelady

Laura, thank you again for the thread themes - makes starting a thread in the morning sooooooo much easier for me instead of searching for a theme!

Good morning!

We've got another very cold day here - Gus will get a short walk today as we'll be right around 0F today. We're at -4F currently. Adelija is volunteering at the Vikings game today and going out with friends afterwards so gone most of the day. I'll be putzing around inside again - I'm going through my CDs and DVDs for a charity dropoff - so far I have one shopping bag worth.

Paula, sorry DH isn't feeling well and the ability to rule out Covid is so difficult - hope all goes well Monday. I hope you're successful avoiding it . I still have a periodic chronic cough - no illness feeling. I've hacked up some tonsil stones, so that's likely what's causing the cough.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-09-22, 09:21 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. We seem to have a good routine going with each of us doing what's easier for us.

It didn't even occur to me until this morning that I hadn't touched my computer yesterday. I ran errands in the morning and did stuff around the house in the afternoon and made cards in the evening. I'm not sure what we'll get into today. We'll go to church virtually this morning and do some laundry.

Anita - I hope you have a pleasant day at home. And I hope you get a warm up soon. I'm sure Gus could do without the ice.

Paula - I'm sorry DH is sick and hope you can avoid it. I also hope that he can get a test so you all will know what you are dealing with.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 10:16 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout for me again today, other than taking care of DH and some stuff around the house. I did the grocery shopping and food prep. I also made a big pot of lentil soup and I have bread rising on the counter. So even though it’s only about 7:30 I am tired. I’m sitting on the bed in the back bedroom watching YouTube And yawning.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 08:46 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's another cold day - currently -7F! I may just walk Gus in our neighborhood - he likes it! I might run some errands picking up some dog food and firelogs. Tonight I have a Spades or Yahtzee game and then we'll go grocery shopping.

Laura, it seems as if I'm attached to my computer many hours of the day doing non-productive stuff like playing games - doubt I would be without touching one for a day unless I'm traveling. I haven't been going to church, but its nice that they've been recording their sermons so I can catch them on FB.

Paula, sounds like a nice productive day - hope DH is feeling better! on fresh baked bread!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-10-22, 06:41 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today just sort of melted away. I slept in a little because I was up in the night and I didn't hear my alarm. I did try to go to the chiropractor (but got there during their lunch break) and did a pickup at the grocery store and went to Mom and Dad's and hung out for a while. When I got home from there, Polly was on the porch and meowed pitifully. She talks to us all the time, but rarely meows out loud unless there's something she's just gotta communicate. I think it was that she was COLD and wanted in, so I let her in. We had temps in the low 50s, but the wind blew hard all day and it felt a lot chillier than that.

Paula - I hope you got sleep last night. It sounded like you had a busy day yesterday. How is DH feeling? Did he get the results from the COVID test? I hope you can avoid whatever he has.

Anita - I'd say that the games help you stay connected to people in some ways. It's unusual for me not to touch my computer, for it to not even occur to me. When I say we "go to" church, I mean virtually. Every time we have thought about going back to church in person, COVID has spiked. At this point, I don't know when we'll actually return.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-10-22, 09:38 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. I actually got in some Yin Yoga this morning.

DH is still sick - coughing, occasional chills, low grade fever, trouble sleeping. He did get a COVID test today at Kaiser. They gave him a saliva test which takes 3 to 5 days for a result but is very accurate. We’re still trying to “social distance” which is working better than I would have thought in a small home. I check on him, make him food, and we talk from across the room. I worked on my latest Binky quilt, have some dough rising on the counter, going to make sandwich rolls tomorrow. We are going to have more bread in the freezer than we can eat in a month.

Everyone stay warm and safe.
Old 01-11-22, 09:11 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Adelija was sent home sick yesterday - flu like symptoms. She tested herself for Covid with a kit she got from school and was negative. She's sleeping in this morning nursing her symptoms with my Dayquil/Nyquil supply. She does spend most of her time downstairs so we are separate that way. I did go grocery shopping, but still need another run for some home supplies.

Today is lots warmer in the upper 20s today! I'll be taking Gus for a nice long walk. I'll also do a run to the home supply store to pick up some dog food and more fire logs.

Laura, Gus talks to me from the porch when he wants in - especially when it's so cold outside! I like the social contact with my friends while we play computer games - we don't talk lots of details about our lives online, but just saying hi and what's immediately happening in our lives. I like the virtual church - I'm usually wearing my jammies! I really don't have traditional formal church clothes - just jeans and sweatpants for bottoms. I do have some dresses, but haven't worn those in over a year!

Paula, Adelija's symptoms are like your DH's. She got a 15 minute test for the Covid - I know those aren't as accurate as what you have. She's had the Covid vaccinations, but I was working on getting her a booster shot - she's 5 months post vaccination which is now the booster time (used to be 6 months). Luckily nothing so bad as needing a hospital visit. Hope DH begins feeling better!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-11-22, 07:39 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I didn't leave the house today other than a short walk and the day just melted away. I cooked a crockpot dish for DH and did some crafting - tried a technique that didn't work, but that's okay - and had a training session via Zoom.

Anita - People around here don't wear traditional "church clothes" in most churches, but I can see how a Latvian church might be more traditional. Enjoy the heat wave!

Paula - I'm glad that the family distancing is working so far. I hope you can avoid getting what DH has. Here's hoping his test results come back sooner rather than later.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-11-22, 08:50 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Day 5 of the grunge and DH is about the same. The cough is the worst. He gets bouts of the chills and his hand shake so badly he can’t hold anything in them. His oxygen levels are still good and no gasping for breath. If that changes I’ll take him to the ER.