Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-21-21, 06:18 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Someone mentioned before about maybe doing Katami 4x4 together? What are your thoughts?
I think we're planning a Katami 4x4 when FN1 and FN2 finish their STS rotation. My guess is mid-late February, but not 100% sure yet.
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 06:24 PM  
manleym

Quick check in...

Today I did Full Power Yoga "Get to Know You Flow" with Denise - Inner Dimension TV on Youtube. I LOVED it! Yoga friends, it's worth trying!

Then I did Cathe Live #331 Opposites Attract, which was a great strength workout. She had some fresh new moves and worked each body part together before moving on to a next set of body parts. So she worked chest and back, then bi's and tri's, shoulders and core, then legs. I think I got all of them. I like using bands and this workout had band work, ball work (I had to sub since I don't have a ball) and weights. Like Cathe said, you can make this workout what you want. Go heavy for a strength workout or lighter for an endurance workout. She really emphasizes working at your own pace and not keeping up with her. It felt like a strength workout to me, meaning my heartrate didn't get as high as with a metabolic. But every body part was hit very well.

Waves and hugs to all! Hope everyone is doing well!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 06:56 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All!

Wednesday- PowerStrike 6

Thursday- Cathe Live 331- Opposites Attract. This is a decent 53 minute total body workout that basically uses a push/pull approach.

Mickey and Manelym – My favorite combo is the last one too! I agree that the combo flow well in this workout. Ilaria builds the combos so that they are fairly easy to follow. Boxing and kickboxing are great for low impact cardio workouts.

Kate- I cut my rotation of MBF short for the reasons that you mentioned. Even though I like MBF, it is a bit repetitive so MBFA was a welcomed change.

Chel – I do not often do any of my Barlates spinning or rebounder workouts because of the boring music.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 09:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Just very quickly (I haven't even read your posts!)..... our power is back on! Woot Woot!!! And I realized that Powerstrike 6 is a virgin for me, so I will have Fun Friday for sure. That's what I'm doing. See you then!
Old 01-22-21, 12:25 AM  
fanofladyvols

kittybug hope work is getting better!

lavna haiii!! Hope all is well with you!!

ChelePA keep us posted on your daughter. I know anything with my kids hurts me way worse than my own pain.

Garrie I totally agree lighter workouts should be in everyone's library. I have been doing Beach pilates and they sneak in some hard but they have such a light-heartedness I truly appreciate that right now. I need less serious in one aspect of my life.

bee how'd that house work out? Also, twenty years ago my husband started to want to eat out on the weekends around 4:30. Drove.. me ..crazy!

manley and bee and horusosiris thanks for letting me bug you on all my kettlebell questions. I'm thoroughly enjoying my Lauren Brooks workouts. My daughter even joined me for one. I let her use the kettlebell and I subbed with weight plates or a dumbbell. We had a blast.

cataddict and kittybug I will keep checking to make sure I don't miss the end of the Messes!

Hopefully I checked in with every one...if I missed you, here's your official high five with a switch around foot tap!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 08:57 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Just very quickly (I haven't even read your posts!)..... our power is back on! Woot Woot!!! And I realized that Powerstrike 6 is a virgin for me, so I will have Fun Friday for sure. That's what I'm doing. See you then!
Yay!! Good news! I may need to look into Powerstrike. Sounds like my type of workout.

Manleym...I decided to conquer Caroline Girvan this morning. I was quite nervous after previewing other workouts that looked really intense. But this one is definitely doable. However, as she was lifting 12 kg, I was using 12 pounds...haha. For some I possibly could have lifted slightly heavier. She is strong for such a tiny thing. There is no actual warm-up, she gets right into the workout and it's over an hour long. It's set up in circuits that are repeated three times before moving on. Each exercise is done for 45 seconds with 15 seconds rest. She actually writes out every detail on her site. I am usually not a fan of repetition but this one moved fairly quickly so I enjoyed it. If I ever do it again and need to save time, I might only repeat each circuit twice. Her music was quite good. I am still trying to decide if I like music only versus instruction throughout. Sometimes I need a little motivation I can't wait to hear what you think!

And for those of you who like Cathe weight workouts, you would probably really enjoy her. From what I previewed, it looks like she lifts quite heavy. Her workouts are mostly advanced. I saw a few labeled beginner. She also has 2 ten week programs called Epic 1 and 2. They look like quite the challenge.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 12:36 PM  
horusosiris

Smile and Be Happy!

My Fun Friday virgin workout was Hammer Power with Sagi. I have had the Hammer and Chisel set for while but never got around to doing this workout. It is basically power lifiting moves (right up my alley). I liked it!

Bee- I am glad your power is back on. Did you see the potential new house yet?

Chel- Which Girvan workout did you do? I looked at some of Caroline Girvan's workouts. I am going to give on of them a try next week.

Lavna- is the vaccine rollout going more smoothly in Canada than in the US?

The weekend is almost here!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 12:58 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Smile and Be Happy!

My Fun Friday virgin workout was Hammer Power with Sagi. I have had the Hammer and Chisel set for while but never got around to doing this workout. It is basically power lifiting moves (right up my alley). I liked it!

Bee- I am glad your power is back on. Did you see the potential new house yet?

Chel- Which Girvan workout did you do? I looked at some of Caroline Girvan's workouts. I am going to give on of them a try next week.

The weekend is almost here!
I did the Full Body released today. Let me know what you think.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 04:36 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post

It's going rather well. Vaccines are bought by the federal government who sends them to the provinces. In Québec, they have established a priority list of groups to be vaccinated. IIRC, at the end of March, the first 5 groups (people over 60 + hospital staff) should be vaccinated. I know that in my region, it's going rather well. There's a megaclinic that's ready for mass vaccination. All the people in long-term care facilities and many of the hospital staff have been vaccinated. One-dose only for the moment. There's a controversy in our province because the government has decided to wait up to 90 days for the second dose, which is more than a federal comitee recommends (42 days) and much more than the vaccine makers say. But, the delay might change depending on the results in other countries. The other problem is that there are some delays in the delivery of Pfizer vaccines. In the first week of February, Canada won't receive any.
At least, with the lockdown and curfew, the cases are going down. In the Québec city region (pop. around 700 000), we have been under 100 cases/day for quite a few days. It gives our hospital system some air!

How does it work in the US?
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 04:44 PM  
lavna

Happy Friday all!

I haven't posted much in the last few days. I've been following the posts but lacked the time to sit and type (as you know, I'm a slow writer in English!)

Those Girvan workouts seem uber-advanced! Not for me anymore! Congrats to all of you who are able to do them!

On Tuesday, I did Live 169 Mixed impact Hiit with bonus abs and on Wednesday, Live 201 TB toning. I'm still trying to stretch and walk every few days.

kittybug and cataddict: Hang in there. Only 2 weeks to go!!!

Waves to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in