Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-02-21, 08:16 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks so much for posting the list every month. That Rae Carson book looks interesting. I found it on order at the library.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 10:51 AM  
TracyQ

I’ve been caring for an elderly aunt while waiting for placement in a long term care facility (LTCF) which has become a full time job. So I haven’t read anything in ages. When an Ebook I’ve been on the waiting list for at the library becomes available I don’t accept it and extend my waiting time out a week. I seem to be doing this on a daily basis.

We were notified that a room opened up in the dementia unit of our first choice LTCF on Friday. She’s moved in now and adjusting as best as can be expected.

I got notification that the Midnight Library was available and checked it out yesterday. So far I’m enjoying it.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 03:39 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I just started reading The Silent Corner (I think that's what it's called). It's Dean Koontz's first Jane Hawk book. I really like Dean Koontz but haven't read him in awhile b/c I didn't really like the Odd Thomas series and wasn't interested in some of his other series (like Frankenstein). I think I will like this one though.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 03:59 PM  
bubbles76

I am finally going to read the last two Dresden files books - Peace Talks and Battle Ground. Not sure when I'm going to start, but it will be sometime this fall . These books are by Jim Butcher, and I've been waiting for them to come down in price forever. I used some Amazon credits for them
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 07:56 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I had a neat conversation this evening. I saw the girl who lives next door; she's eight and is incredibly articulate for her age. She was telling me about a couple of books she's reading set in Key West about kids who play marbles. I was busy explaining what marbles are and how kids play with them and telling her stuff about Key West, so I never got the names of the books. Then she asked me what my favorite book is. I told her about The Far Pavilions, which is about a boy that grows up in India and falls in love with a princess. Since her family is from India and she was born there, she thought that was very cool.

I'm reading Last Christmas in Paris by Hazel Gaynor and Heather Webb. I usually don't like books that are all letters back and forth, but I'm enjoying this one.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-03-21, 08:03 PM  
alisoncooks

Laura - I haven’t read The Far Pavilions, but M.M.Kaye wrote the book that was my favorite as a child. It’s called The Ordinary Princess. Such a sweet book.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 08:12 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Alison - I didn't realize she had written a children's book. She was one of my favorite authors at one point, both her historical books and her mysteries. She was a talented writer.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-03-21, 09:31 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Alison - I didn't realize she had written a children's book. She was one of my favorite authors at one point, both her historical books and her mysteries. She was a talented writer.
I bought Shadow of the Moon on kindle a while ago (maybe we’ve mentioned the author in another reading thread)…but I’ve not read it yet.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 05:29 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Another fan of M.M. Kaye here. I loved The Far Pavilions and Shadow of the Moon. She also wrote a few mysteries which I've never read. They are on my list for someday. I just noticed she also wrote 3 volumes of her autobiography, two of which are released on Kindle.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 07:49 AM  
fschulman

The Far Pavilions

I read that book decades ago, but I remember loving it.
fschulman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, fall reading, kindle, reading