Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-11-21, 08:43 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

My body asked for the day off yesterday, as I think I overdid it a bit on Tuesday.

Today's Workout: I did the Knee routine from Total Body Solution. I then thought I'd put in Lee Holden's 7 Minutes of Magic. I started the A.M. Extended version (which is 16 minutes total), but the routine was more intense than I remembered and my knee didn't like it, so I popped the DVD out. Unfortunately I just couldn't decide on an alternative workout, so I gave it up for today. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

I do think my knee is slowly improving, but it seems to be taking a while!

Cyana: It is hot here, but that's just how it is in Sacramento in August! The air is not wonderful, but it could be much, much worse. The winds seem to mostly be pushing the smoke from the big Northern California wildfires away from where I live, rather than towards it (which was the case last year). Just seems to depend on where the wildfire is located.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-21, 08:57 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, the slow knee progress is understandably frustrating; sounds like you are handling it exactly right. I had trouble deciding about my workouts today too and wound up doing a mish-mash of things.

I'm going to do a pre-bed yoga routine from this channel, which has some nice practices:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsa...IT-NGNNgN6urEQ

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 08:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Last night I went to the gym to escape in the AC. I didn't have energy for much, the air quality here is disgusting. So:

~ 20 minutes recumbent bike and 15 minutes treadmill
~ 6,000 steps for day

Pam, enjoy your special company!

Beth, thank you for that link. I like his style. Thanks for the Friday poster, love it!

Sandra, good luck with your knee. A rest day sounds like a good idea.

Good morning to Paine and all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 10:10 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

DH slept late again this morning so I didn't have access to my workout space. I may go for a walk later on this afternoon.

Pat, do you have to wear a mask at your gym?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 08:06 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hope everyone is staying cool - it was pretty hot in my (non-AC) office today, even with several fans going.

After I got home from work and my GYN annual (!), I did a short kettlebell upper body routine and a Yin Yoga Snack from Yoga Ranger. Today is Day 20 of my yoga sadhana - I'm halfway already!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 08:50 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: The Upper Body routine from Jessica Smith's first Walk Strong set.

The knee is definitely two steps forward, one step back. I can see I will have to be conservative with it for a while.

At least learning the new tech package at the library is going better. Every day last week I came home wiped after trying to wrap my head around it, but this week the concepts are starting to click.

My little grandniece started kindergarten today! Such a big girl!

Waving to all --

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 09:41 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

My honey is here so I'll check-in tomorrow.

Beth - yes, that's the yoga program I'm looking for but I can't find it. 1000+ DVDs is entirely too many.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-21, 06:23 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

It's been hot and humid here and I had a nagging headache yesterday. Not debilitating, just that mild but persistent pain in the rear type of headache that wouldn't go away. So far, so good this AM. I've been making up for lost time and doing lots of N.O. dumps this week. Still trying to get a handle on the school car pool traffic in hopes that I can get out for some walks between the crack of dawn (literally) and when the hordes of crazy drivers descend on the neighborhood.

Waves to ALL - will be in to chat and catch up with everyone over the week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-21, 07:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone. I couldn't muster up much energy yesterday, the air quality is sapping me.

~ GYM for 10 minutes recumbent and 30 minutes weight machines - lower body, chest and back
~ 4,000 steps

Paine, my gym is currently mask optional but I'm voluntarily wearing mine in all indoor spaces and parking lots. I suspect our governor will reinstate the mandate, we're having a Delta spike.

Waves to all, TGIF!
Old 08-13-21, 08:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Just a side note: here is how my high ozone alert hair turned out this morning. My favorite guitarist, Tony Iommi, but I don't really want to look like him.