Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-08-21, 08:02 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

cyana, I forgot to say CBD works better than Meloxicam in my body and Meloxicam is the only anti-inflam my body will tolerate.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 09:52 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I did Tai Chi Fit Flow with David-Dorian Ross.

Does anyone remember the name of that yoga program from Beachbody that started at beginner and worked it's way up? I have it somewhere but I don't remember the name to know what I'm looking for.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 10:06 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Wow, we've been chatty lately.

Today's Workout: Trying to get back into working out. I did the Knee routine from Total Body Solution, followed by the upper body section of Margaret Richard's Getting Better. Tomorrow I'm planning to do the lower body section of Getting Better. Unfortunately my right knee, while much improved, is still tweaked. I don't know yet if it is a permanent tweak or one that will resolve.

Even though the big Dixie fire isn't that far from where I live, the winds have mostly pushed all that smoke in the opposite direction. This weekend the wind shifted and we did get some of it, but then it shifted back and the skies are clearing somewhat.

Yogapam: Glad you had a positive result from the shot.

Linda: Sorry to hear about the pancreatitis attack, but happy that both your man and Miss MM were there to take care of you. The boys say hello back! I like it when Margaret works quads on the floor.

Cyana: You work too hard! And you have for a long time. I can see you choosing to just walk one day. At my library job we are all getting a little more used to the new tech, but it is still difficult for me to wrap my head around it. I haven't committed to a retirement date, but I am starting to make more concrete preparations as I do feel the time will soon be right.

Waving to all -- take care!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 08:18 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, are you referring to BB Yoga Retreat? I picked that up used and thought it was just okay. I did save the bonus DVD.

Sandra, here's hoping you are able to rehab successfully! My co-host for Mind-Body-Brew is having some knee issues also and needs to get an MRI later this month.

Happy Monday! It's overcast here and will be a hot one, but I'm happy to be off work.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 10:41 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Fitness Becomes You Volume 2 (Program C: calves, quads, Hams, gluten)
Volume 1 (Program A: quads, hams, calves, gluten)

Cyana, thank you for telling me where you bought CBD. It's nice that CBD helps your hip pain.

Pat, I'm thinking about you and hope you are OK.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 11:00 AM  
Garrie A.

Hi all! Just a quick pop in with more chat later.

Sorry to have been MIA for the past long while. The move is officially complete! Last week was stressful with packing, getting ready for rush at the bookstore (which starts next week--and I'm dreading every minute and day of it ), and then the big move on Friday.

I got my new workout room (or should I say, workout rooms) set up and will post pictures later.

My workouts have been a bit sporadic the past two weeks. Aside from teaching, last week I only got in two strength workouts (Cathe's Muscle Max on Sunday and Lauren Brooks Ultimate Body Sculpt & Conditioning Volume 1 on Wednesday). I got in my cardio and some functional fitness from Packing Max and teaching.

I'll be back to chat more later. Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 02:12 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, yay that you are in your new home - moving is definitely stressful. I hope you and your SO continue to settle in. Looking forward to photos of your workout room (rooms?).

Today I watched some kettlebell tutorials to refresh my form so that I don't strain my lower back. I've continued to do 100 swings per day in conjunction with the yoga sadhana - I think I'm up to Day 17?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-09-21, 03:18 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Garrie, it's a lot of work to pack up all your belongings and move. I hope the rush at the bookstore won't be too stressful.

Beth, have you noticed any difference since doing 17 days of 100 kettlebell swings?
Old 08-09-21, 03:30 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, the short answer is yes - I can swing the 12 kg KB much more easily (including for singe and hand-to-hand swings) and can do more in a row without getting winded. And there seems to be the beginning of some physique changes, too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-09-21, 03:59 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

This afternoon I walked to the park with GS1 so he could play there.

Beth, that's fantastic about the physique changes and endurance!