Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-08-21, 07:30 PM  
lynnf

Forgot Cheryl, sounds like you are having so many great experiences and meeting so many interesting people. Travel is so fantastic that way.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 08:46 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I did 3 yoga practices with Yogabethc on YouTube aka toaster her at VF. And shoulder exercises. I didn't have any CBD today so working the shoulder was a royal pain.

Cynthia, Jerry used to keep the house at 70, I had it set at 73, and the man comes in here and turns it up to 77. I wait til he goes to sleep and turn it down to 74. Then he needs an extra blanket. It's crazy.

Lynn, this might be the hard part but you're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's a long slow process. I thought getting released from the surgeon in April was long after surgery Nov 30. I was great then. Now I don't know if it will ever get better. I'm just glad doctors at the hospital agreed that the Moderna shot that went into the tendon is the cause and not a cortisone shot months before surgery. If it was the cortisone I never would've healed so well. Stretching after surgery took an hour a day, broken into 20 minute segments. Sometimes I cheated and skipped the back exercise. After wearing the sling for 3 weeks my arm was glued to my side. Getting it moving was something else. I thought rehabbing a replaced knee was bad. Compared to a shoulder that was a piece of cake. I just counted 8 surgeries total. One each year for the last 3 years is way too many. And both wrists need surgery. Um, no.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 08:55 PM  
lynnf

Linda, shoulders really hurt in my experience. I spared you the beginnings of my PT experience when the PT tortured me and (in my opinion) caused me to have vertigo (BPPV) so then I had to have treatment for that. Luckily that was easily solved. I think the PT got mad at me when I told him he could no longer torture me (he did these manipulations which caused the most pain I've ever experienced -- and it's not like I haven't had 5 surgeries, one lasting 10 hours). BTW, glad you are recovered from your last illness, but sorry you were sick again.
Old 08-08-21, 08:56 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

No workout to report but I got my steps in.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 09:46 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Thanks Lynn. I've been to the ER and admitted to observation so many times the doctors and nurses remember me. I agree shoulders really hurt. Those men at PT with tears in their eyes from 3 pound weights were no joke. That PT you had that caused vertigo and made you sick, somehow we need to stop those kind of people. Everyone at PT remembers me laughing with tears running down my face from the PT stretching me out after the hip replacement. I was laughing so I wouldn't cry in front of all those people but those tears were real. It was torture. Then they tell us to be careful and don't hurt ourselves. I think they can stretch us and rehab us without a lot of the pain they cause. And that PT from a few years ago for my back that kept trying to get my hip to internally and externally rotate, I'd like to sue her. My hip/leg wouldn't turn because it needed replaced. She just wouldn't stop pushing on it so I stopped showing up. Your shoulder will get better before mine so hang in there. Better days are coming....right after I fire my surgeon in two weeks. I wonder if he'd give me some medical marijuana before I fire him?? Lol

Old 08-08-21, 09:49 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

P.S. I remember telling 2 PTs after the hip that I hope I never have to rehab a shoulder. I should've kept my mouth shut.

Old 08-09-21, 04:43 PM  
Diana3271

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

Thank you for the good thoughts for my DH. Went to the dentist and then was referred to the oral surgeon. Went there for a consult. They could not do the work today. He will continue with the antibiotic. He antibiotic has helped him to feel better and the pain is more tolerable. On Wednesday they will remove the tooth and do an implant.

Steps for yesterday: 5,545
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy! Have a great start to your week.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-09-21, 09:13 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: CS Stretch and Strengthen Lower Body, CS Calorie Burning Workout, 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-09-21, 09:44 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

No workout today.
DD's father phoned this morning that her grandpa died in his sleep.
So glad she had that nice visit that I drove for. She had wanted to visit again last Friday but her aunt & uncle who were in charge told her not to. They told her the memorial service wouldn't occur until after she's back from vacation. She's leaving this evening for Las Vegas (Star Trek event) and will return on Friday. I didn't approve of her going to Vegas and risking the delta variant but there was no stopping her. She's 39 even though I see her as a teenager. Prayers welcome.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 10:33 PM  
lynnf

yoga class, stretches and walk with DH.

Cynthia, will keep your DD in prayer. That is scary, but she is an adult and what can you do?

Diana, also keeping your DH in mind for his upcoming dental work. Rough that he has to do this right after his other surgery.

Linda, agreed that these PT folks have no heart. When I mentioned how hard it was not to scream when he was working on me to the Doctor (the PT clinic is attached to their practice) he just laughed and said "that's why they play the music so loud in there!" Anyhow now I am just working on my own and I made a big break through. I can do a snow angel now! And now when I lie down on the floor and have my arm in goal post position and hold a 3 lb weight my arm is only about an inch from the floor (as opposed to way above it) and I can actually push it to the floor with little pain. On one of my first visits the PT pushed it to the floor and I almost died from the pain. So this is good. You hang in there too. I know you are going through worse, but you are super tough, I know.