Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-21, 03:26 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Linda and Cyana, where do you buy your CBD? I have never tried it before.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 05:04 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

That darn 500 error made me lose my post.

Paine, I get mine at hempbombs.com. I've seen them in gas stations, too. Lord Jones dot com has them. My local small town pharmacy sells ReThink brand, also online. Hempbombs taste best to me so I use them. 25 mg is my daily limit. More makes me too tired for a day or two.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 05:30 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, glad you were able to find some of my practices that work for you! Maybe I should start a channel where I just read Shakespeare like Patrick Steward or kids books like Levar Burton. Sorry about the dreaded error.

cyana, that's so disappointing that your boss was not more supportive! It's unfortunate, but I'm glad that you (and hopefully your co-worker too) are recognizing the importance of putting yourself first if it comes to that. I anticipate a lot of stressors in the academic year ahead, but I am very lucky that me, the director (I'm the assistant director), our department supervisor, and even our division VP are all on the same page.

Paine, glad you got in a good workout. I hope Carolyn is well too!

I'm feeling worn out today; I think my body is still adjusting to going back to work. Luckily, I have the next 2 Mondays off; I might also be able to work from home a few times over the next few weeks.

Here's what I did this past week:

MONDAY
100 KB Swings
30MTF TLC - Upper Body premix plus Workout #1, Boxing
3 Week Yoga Retreat Deluxe DVD - Post Workout Recovery

TUESDAY
TAUGHT yoga at studio
100 KB Swings
Yoga Conditioning for Athletes - Golf, Cycling mini workouts

WEDNESDAY
100 KB Swings
Callanetics Express - Full Body Express
Yoga Core Cross Train - Strength

THURSDAY
100 KB Swings
Intro to Acro Yoga Workshop (added a couple of pics to VF album)

FRIDAY
SuperSisters Fitness (YT) - Best Shoulder Workout for Women
100 KB Swings
Kate Vantucci Yoga (YT) - Leggy Day (@20 out of 30m; got tired)

SATURDAY
TAUGHT yoga at studio
efit30 (YT) - Kate McKenzie, Pilates for Lower Back Pain
100 KB Swings
Yoga Journal Your Daily Yoga - Peak Form

SUNDAY
100 KB Swings, 50 Deadlifts
Trifecta Pilates (YT) - Pilates Back Workout
BodyFit by Amy (YT) - 20m Full Body Cardio Sculpt
Travis Elliott (YT) - 30m Yin for Lower Back

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 05:41 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Beth - you could read the phone book to me. I hope you get some rest and feel better. Do you ever do any of your practices on youtube?

Paine - Hempbombs Botanicals are vegan.

Old 08-08-21, 05:47 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, that's funny - I have thought about doing my own practices! I haven't yet - it feels a little weird - but maybe I should pick a favorite and try it some time.

I know people who swear by CBD oil for various purposes, but I've never tried it myself.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-08-21, 05:52 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cyana, I've lost strength because I'm not working out with weights as often as I used to pre-covid. It's disappointing but hopefully I'll get my motivation back at some point.

Linda, thanks for the CBD links.

Beth, enjoy your day off tomorrow!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 06:57 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today was a rest day of sorts, but with my walk & puttering about I did manage to rack up over 8,000 steps:
~Neighbourhood walk
~Gentle stretch on my own…forward bends, hip openers, chest openers

I have tried CBD with mixed results, I’ve used capsules as they are more economical than gummies or oil. There are “pot shops” everywhere here since it was legalized a few years ago.

Beth - Nice week. I’ve never recorded myself doing yoga, (although I did record many of my zoom Essentrics classes) but I like to do my own thing. I’ve got a couple of notebooks full of class plans. Sometimes I just can’t find exactly what I want in a video. I like to put on music or an audio book.

Cyana - Sorry about your work pressures! It’s tough when your concerns, which are very significant, don’t feel acknowledged or addressed. I’m sorry you continue to battle insomnia.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 07:11 PM  
cyana

Today:
ETV - 8.3.2021 "live" class with Dyan
YT - 8.3.2021 - Lower Back Yin Yoga with Travis Eliot

Paine - I typically order from cbdMD. I've ordered from Lazarus Naturals at least once, and the first CBD I ever had was from my doctor's office - Kingdom Harvest. I don't know that it helps me sleep, but I figure if it helps with my hip pain, perhaps I'll sleep better. If I'm having a bad pain day, I'll take some in the morning, too. We have CBD stores around here, but I've never been in one of them.

Linda - There are lab tests that can discriminate between marijuana and CBD, or so they say, but I understand some employers have a zero tolerance policy and might be unwilling to do the verification test since it would cost them more money. CBD utilization is so widespread, I would think at some point the employers are going to have to get on board since everybody and their grandma is using CBD.

Beth - I see you did the Travis practice today, too. I would love to have Patrick Stewart read me bedtime stories - oh be still my heart. I was really hoping that Levar Burton would be the new Jeopardy host. DS used to watch Reading Rainbow when he was young and of course, I loved Levar as Geordi La Forge on Star Trek TNG (my favorite Star Trek series and I watched them all). I understand some of the fans feel like the whole guest host/audition thing was a sham and that they knew who they were going to hire to replace Alex the whole time. DS and DIL are scary good at Jeopardy. I'm not enough of a TV person to keep up with this stuff.

Pam - I play around with various dosages of CBD and have also tried the capsules. I just got a bottle of soft gels for sleep that also contain some melatonin and herbs in addition to the CBD. I'm not into gummies, so I've never tried those. I must admit, it was frustrating to feel like we were being blown off by the boss. I have more strategies up my sleeve.

Need to wind it down for the evening - hope everyone's week gets off to a good start.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 07:31 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, we were twinning! I thought the practice was nice - sometimes I find Travis slightly creepy, but practicing alone he was fine. I come from a family of Star Trek fans (on my mom's side, haha); although I'm a huge Khaaaan! fan, I have only watched the various series somewhat sporadically myself. However, DH & I do still sometimes watch the original on Saturday nights (MeTV). I love Jeopardy (and Wheel of Fortune!) when I was younger but fell out of the habit of watching those kinds of shows. I used to think that I was good, but my recall memory has gotten so bad ("you know, that actor - he was in that movie with that other person?").

Pam, you are good about doing your own yoga thing! I'm starting to do that a little more. I still like to use a video, but sometimes I'll sub or deviate (which is basically how I teach my classes--i.e., starting with an outline, then going off-script sometimes).

Thanks Paine; it makes it easier to ease back into work when I still have some time. I think you get in plenty of challenging workouts!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing evening.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-08-21, 08:00 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

cyana, the man works for the state. They've been told that CBD will show up in tests and if it's there they're fired. It shows up as cannabis instead of cnd and the state won't go to the expense to separate it. He used to use my roll-on pain reliever but now he won't use it.

Beth and cyana - I never miss Jeopardy. I record it so if I'm interrupted I don't miss anything. I love it when I get final right and the contestants all miss it.

My "son" got some marijuana for me but I have COPD and won't smoke it. His dad will get arrested and fired if he gets stopped transporting it. I told my "son" I guess he'll have to find a way to get rid of it.