Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-21, 06:59 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Cynthia Hopefully you will get released from jury duty.

Steps for yesterday: 13,189
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 11:01 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Hi. Hope you all are well. Sorry to be missing again. The cortisone shot wore off my shoulder in about a week. Then I was hospitalized for a bad pancreatitis attack. My sweetheart was here and went above and beyond taking care of me until he decided to call the ambulance. The paramedic on the ambulance told him to say he's my husband so the hospital would let him be with me. He told them he's my fiance because he might as well be.

They say CBD doesn't show up in drug tests but it showed up in mine. They probably test anyone complaining of pain for opioids and other drugs. I can take a pill for shoulder pain and get some relief or eat a CBD gummy and get 2 days of total relief. I'll take the gummy. If I stay away from hospitals it's not a problem. Lol

I'll have to catch up later.

I googled my step-daughter. She died in January from covid. She was 51. She was an LPN at a nursing home. We disowned each other after Jerry died.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 03:54 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Meow and I were on the porch when a fawn came to visit. It laid down in the corner and took a nap. I put a pic in Meow's album.

Old 08-07-21, 04:08 PM  
seabliss

Today I did not do a formal workout, but I got more than 18k steps, which is almost 8 miles, tramping around the city. I am so tired today and going to bed early.

We went out last night to hear a woman singing whose voice we have heard here and liked, and we sat in the courtyard and chatted with a younger Israeli couple and a group of older French guys who are motorcycling through Portugal and Spain. They have been friends since they were young and do trips like this every year. We felt like Anthony Bourdain, having interesting conversations with people from other countries.

Linda, I'm sorry about your stepdaughter. Finding that out must have been strange and sort of awful. And I'm glad you made it through your hospitalization fine and that your sweetie was such a help to you.

Cynthia, I hope you get out of jury duty.
Old 08-07-21, 05:07 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Thumbs down

Wow Cheryl! 18k is probably more than I get in a month. Sounds like Portugal agrees with you. When Google told me she died all kinds of emotions ran thru me. Then I ran across her salary in 2016 and got very mad. All that money and she couldn't contribute a dime to her father's funeral expenses? I'm very glad to say that I had absolutely nothing to do with her upbringing. If that makes me sound like a witch so be it.

Diana, sorry you're having a toothache kind of weekend but glad he's ok from the surgery. Hugs and pat pats to the boy. Sorry his allergies are acting up. The leaves are falling from my black walnut trees. That means winter is coming and allergies will lessen. But first comes fall allergy season.

Lynn, how's your shoulder feeling? I'd like a new one but I refuse to go through another surgery that could have a bad outcome. I go back to the surgeon in two weeks. After that I hope to never see him again.

Cynthia, I'm sure you'd make a great juror but if you don't get out of jury duty there's something wrong with them.

Edit: I don't know where that thing at the top of the post came from.

Old 08-07-21, 07:31 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Linda, glad the CBD gummies give you relief.

I've been summoned for jury duty pretty regularly, about every 2 years. Mainly I get called off while I'm home. A few other times I went in and waited in the jury assembly room. Once I was in the courtroom but wasn't called to the jury box. I've been retired for 10 years and most of the lawyers and judges I knew, have also retired. I wouldn't mind serving on a jury some other time, but now I have no desire to be in a jury deliberation room along with the delta variant. I keep reading about fully vaccinated people who get sick with the delta.

A rest day at last. I did a nice stretch DVD, from Kathy Smith's Rejuvenation set.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 10:09 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

The Dr. called in an antibiotic for DH. I just picked it up. Hopefully it will help, until he gets to the Dr. on Monday.

Check-In: CS 906 Ab & Waist and 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-08-21, 05:43 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

DH had a rough night.

Steps for yesterday: 15,284
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-08-21, 06:31 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, hoping your DH gets the treatment he needs tomorrow, and has an easier night tonight.

Nothing rigorous today. I did things with DD earlier, & then the house was too hot for a real workout. It's barely room temp outside (69 to 70*) but the front/living room faces west and the sun overheats it. Did Winsor Back Pilates.

Brief whine (not as energetic as a rant). I did a 7 day detox of breakfast smoothie (w/ fruit and veg), lunch salad with protein, and homemade soups for dinner. No sugar, alcohol, dairy, bread/grain, or snacks. My system may be purified but I gained a pound. Gack.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 07:29 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 45, yin yoga -- plan to go on walk with DH.

Cynthia, bummer about the detox. Sounds like you should have dropped some weight on that. Weird.

Linda, my shoulder is slowly thawing. The PT says the last part is the hardest. As I have been complaining about I have to do a lot of stretching every day (forgot to mention about). Now it's 4X a day and about 10-15 minutes each session so it adds up. I think you mentioned that PTs always think you have nothing else to do with your time and you are right. Sad about your stepdaughter even though you were estranged. I hear you on the surgeries -- I'm trying to stick at my current total of 5, but you know I won't succeed! Actually I already forgot the oral surgery in the previous count.

Diana, your poor DH can't catch a break! Hope he will soon.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote