Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-21, 10:06 AM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts ~JULY 2021~*Everyone is Welcomed!*

July 2021

This month I'm keeping those high rep/low weight workouts in the mix from seeing some positivity these last 3 months as well as maybe doing more low impact stuff. Workouts will reflect how my painful joints are feeling on a day to day basis. (Arthritis flare-up got way worse after my Pfizer shots with excess inflammation, which I’m finally figuring out and dealing with that for the past 1.5 months… by now, the warmer temps would have eliminated the flare-ups normally). Also I'm keeping a log of my calorie intake (got away from it since January!). Meditation daily unless specified.

28- 1.5 hours Mow Max/Yard Work
29- YT Mady Morrison (15 Min. Booty Burn/Best Home Workout for your Butt/No Squats/Day 5); Mady (Yoga Morning Routine… - in German=10min.); Mady (Yoga Flow… - in German=17 min.); Mady (Back Pain Relief Stretches=10 min.); Michelle's Yin Yoga (while playing Mady's Back Pain Relief Music <3)
30- KCM Home Gym Intervals (Elliptical/core work instead of weight work 1.20 miles; Heather's 10 Min. Standing Abs instead of KCM's weight work); Jari Love GER 1000 Hardcore (Weights only premix=35 min.); Extra stretching

1 - Yvette Fit #51 (60 Min. Moderate Impact Cardio Kickboxing); YT Mady Morrison (15 min. Booty Burn...); Mady (Back Pain Relief Stretches) Yvette's was so fun and it felt great working out with her!! I kept it all low impact with the kickboxing moves (and lots of KICKS which I loved). This was a good pick since it included maybe 1? bodyweight exercise holding plank. All standing otherwise until the 46 min. mark where I was all set to stop (where cardio ends) but my hip was feeling pretty good so I finished with Yvette with the floor core/ankle weighted booty work/core stability ball work. I added on Mady's Booty workout for a finisher which was great. That one pretzel-type move is really tough to lift your foot (and hands!) off the floor in pretzel position! So, that's why my obliques were so sore from Tuesday's workout!! I couldn't figure out what I did since I didn't do any core work! Added on her stretch which always feels fabulous.
2 - PT Day! Winsor Buns & Thighs; Michelle's Yin Yoga; Cathe Perfect 30 (Mobility); YT Mady Morrison (Back Pain Relief Stretches); a few PT exercises
3 - KCM 30 MTF Cardio Pump (Interval Pump = 52 min.); YT Mady Morrison (Back Pain Relief Stretches 2 x) My favorite premix on CP which is a circuit of k/b then weights for each body part. I used 8's, 10's, & 12's today and did more reps than Kelly. I still had some kinks in my back, so I did Mady's stretch twice. That's better!
4 - HAPPY 4th!! Rest Day

5 - Olivia Lawson (40 Min. No Repeat Wrist Friendly All Standing Cardio HiiT Workout); Olivia Lawson (10 min. Inner Thigh Workout at Home//Tone, Tighten, & Lose Thigh Fat); Mady Morrison (Back Pain Relief Stretches); Michelle's Yin Yoga I needed more of a w/u for Olivia's first workout so I did more w/u exercises while she stretched. This workout is great! Perfect for all standing work and this is truly HiiT with a :50/:15 format with some high impact and some low impact moves with :15 rests. I jumped on my rebounder for moves I didn't like or was iffy for my hip (i.e. those touch downs to the floor while putting a jump in, I just touched my step. Also the jumping on one leg, I alternated legs so it wasn't so much weight on my wonky hip). An excellent core workout as well! Added on her 10 min. inner thigh workout which was AWESOME and a great little finisher. The format is :40/:10 and there's about 2 min. of standing exercises (as a w/u) then all floor work. Unfortunately, Olivia forgets the side leg lifts on the R leg, so I added it on the end. Love what the title claims, but I highly doubt doing this workout would do what it implies (the latter part of the title anyway), no matter how many times it's done. But the floor work is very similar to Winsor B&T and I'm considering adding this workout in every week this month in place of B&T. (Getting a little burnt out on B&T!). Stretched it all out with Mady & Michelle. Great cal burn today!
6 - LITE Pyramid Pump (TS Upper Body & 6 Pack Abs #1 Premix=54 min.); Michelle's Yin Yoga; Mady Morrison (Back Pain Relief Stretches); Mow Max/Yard Work 1.5 hours PP is not my favorite weight workout...just too much up/down (at least this UB premix) and prep time (with the ball) and with so many weight changes. A very effective workout but not a favorite. I matched Cathe's weights for the first time (usually go heavier) but sometimes I added more reps if I was ahead of her pace. I also wore my 2# wrist weights, well... I guess I didn't actually match Cathe's weights then, LOL. (7#'s, 10's, 12's, & 14's).
7 - Yvette Fit #70 60 Min. Low Impact Cardio Kickboxing (42 min.); IDT (Easeful Journey - Mychal - 20 min.) I wanted a short, fun, low impact cardio workout and remembered this was a fun class that fit the criteria! Ending at the 36 min. water break, I FF'd to her IT band stretch (which was great but she doesn't hold them long enough for my liking. I skipped more k/b cardio, abs, & some weight work with 5# which I didn't need to do today since all were done earlier this week). I favorited Yvette's workout and need to remember it's a real goodie for low impact, k/b fun, and doesn't take a lot of energy. I've been feeling guilty not using my IDT sub, so this new class by Mychal was on the first page so I didn't have to look very far! This was a great gentle class - more restorative with lots of inner thigh and groin stretches. Includes wide leg fold w/ blocks under forehead, Deer pose, Frog pose, and Malasana (Yogi Squat). Perfect for someone with wrist and hip limitations. Great choice and my hips feel good this morning! <3
8 - Olivia Lawson (3000 Steps in 20 Min./Fat Burning Walking Workout @ Home); Olivia (10 min. Inner Thigh Workout @ Home/Tone, Tighten & Lose Thigh Fat); Cathe Perfect 30 (Mobility); ETA: 1.25 hours yard work @ DS’ condo I wanted some easy movement before my PT exercises and this was great. Format is :50/:10 and sometimes I put in more steps throughout and added arms where she doesn't. I noticed she was off beat somewhat in this but she mentions she doesn't play the music while she filmed the workout. I haven't noticed this in any other of her workouts but it may be b/c it's a walking workout. It still made me sweaty and I got to do it barefoot. Adding on her Inner Thigh workout again (in place of Winsor B&T) and added the R side leg lifts at the end that she forgets and as always, I need to count the reps on each side.
9 - KCM 30 MTF Strong & Lean (Workout 1 - Weights only); KCM 30 MTF Sculpting Rx (Workout 2); Mady Morrison (Back Pain Relief Stretches) S&L alternates using the BB, DB's, & Tubing for each body part (not much for legs) but I just used 10's & 12's DB's and the tubing. I did use the FW band for those side to side walks where your feet are in the tubing...I was barefoot and the tubing would not feel good! Added on Workout 2 of SRx which I love! I really like Kelly's creativity in this workout and how she includes so many standing core exercises. Today I used my 5's and 8's as there was an exercise where my hand was aching using the 8. I did the floor core work today too (usually skip it) but I had the time. Sweaty workout and I was in the FB zone for 43 min. today.
10- KCM Home Gym Intervals (Workout 2 - Using Elliptical, interspersing JNL Ab Shredder during the weight work); Five Parks Yoga (No Frills 20 min. Morning Yoga Class); Mady Morrison (Back Pain Relief Stretches) Great elliptical sweatfest and using JNL core work throughout was awesome. Doing this core workout so often back in the day, I have it memorized, so I knew what exercises to do when getting off my elliptical. Worked great and to add to the "awesome" fun factor, I muted Kelly and put on my Switchfoot "The Beautiful Letdown" cd. It was timed just right that the song "On Fire" came on when I needed to c/d. Ha, probably will never happen that way again! I was planning to do a longer FPY class but my SIL was coming to use my gym so I randomly picked a shorter class and didn't have time to preview. It was very flowy but it felt so WONDERFUL to do power yoga again!!! (My body still had the remains of my Aleve PM last night, so it wasn't too awfully painful with my kneeling mats under my hands). Great class but she really didn't stretch much after she went to the floor, so I added Mady's stretch. Great cal burn today and got in cardio/core/yoga! Actually, I got in TONS of core work this week which is rare for me!
11- Rest Day Jessica Valant Pilates (10 min. Hip Stretches-Perfect for Tight Hip Flexors and Hamstrings); Mady's (Back Relief Stretches) Nothing new in JV's w/o that I haven't been doing, so that's good to know. This one was kind of echoey and a bit hard to understand her sometimes.

12- Yvette Fit #123 (60 Min. Stability Ball Kickboxing Bootcamp); Mady's (Back Pain Relief Stretches-2x) Now what was I saying about Y's workouts not being very challenging lately? Scratch that! This was non-stop cardio and plenty challenging for my limitations and so much fun! She uses a Stability ball for the cardio and core work (TONS of core work!) and I tried to keep it low impact but I was having so much fun and did the high impact version probably more often than I should have. She works shoulders with 5's, 8's, & 10's and sometimes combining it with core and leg work. That one exercise - sitting on the ball with outstretched arms holding weights and lifting one leg off ball - holy!! Great balance work! I recognized quite a few Cathe moves in this one (more than usual) but no complaints, as I loved the ones she chose!! Great cal burn today! This w/o deserved Mady's stretch done twice, LOL.
13- Olivia Lawson (30 Min. Wrist Friendly All Standing HiiT Workout/No Repeat/No Jumping-actually 36 min.); Olivia (10 Min. Inner Thigh Workout At Home/Tighten, Tone & Lose Thigh Fat); Mady's (Back Pain Relief Stretches); ETA: 1.0 hrs Mow Max/Yard work trying to miss the spotty showers-I did! I really liked Olivia's workout and was perfect for my hip & wrist issues and was a sweaty one...not HiiT, just intervals with a :50/:10 format. On a few side lateral moves, I added my FW band. Love these all standing cardio workouts! Today during her Inner Thigh workout, I grabbed my FW band for the leg press out-type moves. Felt great to stretch it out with Mady from all those standing donkey kicks in Olivia's workout!
14- Cathe Perfect 30 (Mosh Mosh UB/LB premix=54 min.); Jessica Valant (Hip Pain Relief 10 Min. Exercises for Hip Pain!); Mady Morrison (Back Pain Relef Stretches) I liked this Jessica a lot more and the volume issues were much better. I could hardly lift my wonky leg with my foot pointed down!//My laptop charger bit the dust, so I am posting less often as possible until my new charger comes, since I hate typing on my iPad!
15- Cathe P30 (Mobility), Travis’ Short & Sweet #1 Sometimes more flowy yoga practices are better for my hip/hands when there’s not much posture holding. Missed this DVD so much!
16- KCM 30 MTF Build & Burn (KB/k/b Fusion); Cardio Core (Cardio Core with UB intervals); Jessica Valant (Hip Pain Relief…); Mady (Back Pain Relief stretches) It’s been since 2018 since I did this KCM!!! My fav w/o of this set is the KB/k/b and it didn’t disappoint today although is a little too short for my liking. Adding on the CC premix was perfect for my limitations right now and doing the UB mixed in was great! I didn’t think much about the UB as a stand alone w/o when I did it previously, but filling in with the cardio was the ticket to not have so much downtime. Loved it! Awesome little dust bunny today!
17- Yvette Fit #117 Poolside Cardio Core Lower Body Workout (37 min.); P90X3 (Dynamix); Mady's (Back Pain Relief stretches) Yvette is poolside and doing this from my iPad and the excruciating noise of the CRICKETS that were picked up on the mic(!)...Ugh, well, I just had to mute the whole thing, play my own music and follow along. Ended up stopping at the 37 min. mark where she takes a break. I was agitated so stopping was a good idea b/c I LOVED revisiting Dynamix!!! Such a great workout---and was totally reminded after having done Cathe's Mobility so often, how many exercises are similar....Dynamix is more flowy and Cathe's is more static stretches but very similar exercises. And Tony is just a hoot! I always sing along with him during the Polka Stretch (or whatever he calls it) and am smiling a lot and he managed to put me in a good mood./I thought I'd try the chiropractor today and he cracked both hips & my upper back which made me feel wonderful everywhere but still the hip pain is present (wasn't planning on a miracle here)! I'm still hoping it subsides with the help of all these PT stretches and a cleaner Mediterranean diet.
18- Rest Day

19- YT Body Pump 117 (53 min.); Mady's Back Pain Relief stretches I am no longer subscribed to LMOD, so I found this on YT...(Jsonchiew channel)...he must be a former LM instructor since it was REALLY like a LM Pump workout with (loud, great) music and superb cueing. He even includes the track list. There's only one other workout posted, so I'm hoping he'll do lots more. Excellent Pump workout!
20- KCM 30 MTF Home Gym Intervals (Combined w/o 1 & w/o 2; Bonus Abs = 55 min.); Jessica Valant (Hip Pain Relief...); Mady's (Back Pain Relief stretches); Michelle's Yin Yoga Today I decided to use the TM in place of the elliptical and with leg/hip pain, just walked really slow but upped the incline to 10-15. It felt awesome! In place of Kelly's weight work, I did standing abs via Heather or JNL (or KCM. That was the first time for trying her Bonus Abs)...I hope to remember these exercises to replace weights during this workout! Love making this workout work for me. Good cal burn today.
21- Rest Day Went grocery shopping early and thought my hip could use a rest.
22- SS Shape It Up; Michelle's Yin Yoga All this SS talk and felt compelled to pull out one! This is such a great total body workout! I used my wrist weights for all (that initial standing work with a lot of unweighted arms was a great burner). I used 3's, 5's, & 8's + my 2# wrist weights & ankle weights (for the floor work). I was planning on stopping at the floor work, but kept going....I was reminded of the great PT lower body exercises that are included in this. My poor hip/leg was really protesting so I took the ankle weight off for most. Funny, I could go on and on with the other leg/hip! I do this w/o with no music (play my own pretty loud) so most of her annoying breathing is muted. Great dust bunny workout today!
23- My own w/u; Olivia Lawson (30 Min. Fun & Sweaty Indoor Fast Walking Workout/Burn over 300 calories/2 miles-no c/d); Olivia Lawson (10 min. Inner Thighs Workout); Jessica Valant (Hip Pain Relief) I LOVED Olivia's workout!! So fun and so sweaty is right! I sweated more with this w/o in 30 min. than I did yesterday's 78 min. workout (granted SIU isn't a true cardio workout...but still). There is little w/u, so I did my own and I skipped the c/d stretch, so not sure how thorough that is. I really enjoyed this class...she really moves!! And so many arm movements - my 1# wrist weights were plenty!! I did burn 338 calories, but that was after all my add-ons. Still a fantastic (can be barefoot) workout to get some easy cardio in to start your day!
24- Cathe Perfect 30 (Mobility); IDT E-Motion (30 min. - Byron); 30 min. yard work while DS mowed for me Cathe's stretch felt so great today and while doing her quad stretches, I realized I am still super sore in the quads from SIU floor work on Thursday!!! Byron's yin-like class was mostly floor stretches which felt great today, although I could have done without his comment while we were standing doing a backbend: "Touch the nipples to the sun"...ooookkkaayy.... I am really enjoying my music-only stretches lately! :0)
25- Rest Day

26- Heather Robertson Glow Up Challenge//Day 4 Upper Body Tone & Sculpt Workout=47 min.; Heather Robertson Sculpted Upper Body/Dynamic & Isometric Workout (sans w/u=35/40 min.); Mady's (Back Relief Stretches) I totally LOVED this Heather Glow Up workout!! This is a superb high rep/low weight workout that is no-nonsense, straight up upper body workout!! Maybe I liked it so much b/c it is all standing until the last circuit - then she does floor chest, tricep, and back work. There is also some plank work earlier but I held forearm planks; and for the Renegade rows, I did standing regular rows. The format is :40/:10 with 2 UB circuits x 2 rounds; Heather uses all 5's; I used 5's & 8's (mostly 8's but 5's for most of the shoulder work) and next time probably could use my wtd. wrist weights as well. It really didn’t seem repetitive for having 2 rounds since there is so many different exercises. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HbN4M81Lls Adding on her Dynamic workout really gave me that UB fry-out session! I really like this workout too - 2nd time for this one and remembered it was good. I used 8's but had to drop to 5's for those Tricep Squeezes, holy! as my arms were toast by then. Some exercises were in the first workout also but what a total burn for the UB! This is a :30/:10 format x 3 Rounds w/ 8 Supersets and a great stretch at the end, but I still needed Mady's back stretches for more. Fab Fat Burning workout and high calorie burn for very little cardio!
27- Yvette Fit #26 60 Min. Kickboxing/Heavy Legs Workout; Heather Robertson (Inner & Outer Thigh Toning Workout//Low Impact, No Equipment - 19 min. w/o w/u); Mady's Back Relief Stretches
Jane, you had me at "a moderate Yvettte and lots of kicks!" This was a fun one! It felt good to use heavier weights than I had in a while. First half is more higher impact than the second half (which I appreciated) and loved the many kicks. My acid reflux was acting up (thought enough time had passed with breakfast and my hair appt., but obviously not). :/ There was one move in there I wasn't quite sure about her stance...it "looks" like a side lunge but Yvette mentioned working the quads while pulsing her 15# weight...? I just did side lunges with the 15 to the opposite ankle. (I need to work inner thighs more than I do quads). ;0) Anyway, a sweaty one for sure! Heather's was a great little finisher...some functional fitness, some PT, some holding poses all wrapped up in an effective non-weighted inner/outer thigh workout. Loved it! Format is :30/:10 but there is no countdown clock which I sorely missed! Mady's stretch to stretch it out. Side note: Usually I don't do a workout on hair day, but I needed a good calorie burn for our 36th anniversary dinner out tonight. My cal burn was over 500, so ding ding!
28- Travis's Short & Sweet #2; Jessica Valant (Hip Pain Relief...); Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches; Michelle's Yin Yoga Short & Sweet it was!
29- Cathe Live #290 Total Body Fit (56 min.); Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches This class is AWESOME!! This is all weights - no cardio and Cathe is by herself but in this one, it didn't seem much to matter to me. Only the 2nd time for me...not sure why and last time was in 2020. I LOVE the format of giant sets of these 3 Rounds: Legs, Shoulders, Bis; then another round of Legs, Tri's, Core, then another round of Legs, Chest & Back. So, Legs get worked and HOW!!! This is a very thorough (pretty high rep) total body workout and I love how Triceps get really worked directly AND indirectly. She uses hand weights, barbell, and a resistance band. I used 10's, 12's, 15's, 25, and 25 KB (sumos), wrist weights and the band. It is one of her best Live total body workouts, IMO, when you have an hour to spend on every inch of your body!
30- Mow Max/Yard Work 1.5 hours And this was plenty! Hobbling afterward. BUT, early today I thought I would go to the walk-in Orthopedic place to have my hip x-rayed to make sure the pain was nothing more than a flare-up. The Dr. said my hips look great! So I am very thankful for that!! My lower back has somewhat of an issue: "Anterolisthesis of L4 on L5" which in turn is causing my pain in my hip/leg. He didn't think it even needed addressing or further treatment - just take it easy doing workouts that focus on that area (D/L's/heavy lifting, etc). I was very happy with that answer! Also, another reason I was so glad I went is that he confirmed my theory about my flare-up getting worse after my Pfizer shots. He had 20 or so patients that experienced the same thing. I comically mentioned, "well, I'll probably start feeling better and then it'll be time for the Pfizer booster and it'll start all over again!" He said "probably!" :/ Ugh. Sigh.
31- Olivia Lawson (Fat Burning 30 Min All Standing HiiT Workout/No Repeat/No Equipment); Olivia (10 min. Inner Thigh Workout...); Cathe Perfect 30 (Mobility); Mady's (Back Pain Relief Stretches)

Note: I am having laptop/battery? issues again, so if I go MIA, you'll know why! We think the battery is either defective or my laptop is on its' last leg....hope it's the battery!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts