Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-03, 03:17 PM  
goldenphoenix

Vfer in San Jose, CA

Hi,

I'm curious - are there any VFers in San Jose? Maybe, we can workout together or exchange tapes without mailing.
goldenphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-03, 03:22 PM  
Caroline Kim
VF Supporter

former bay area VFer

I used to live in Mt. View (and miss it!) and I know there are a bunch of VFers on the Peninsula/South Bay. Some I have met and others I have traded with...but I'll let them reveal themselves!

BTW check out the VFer News and Events forum - there is an upcoming fitness conference, Cardio Classic, in March. Even if you don't take classes, the expo has good deals on videos, equipment, apparel, etc.
Old 02-05-03, 04:21 PM  
Eulonda S.
VF Supporter

Sunnyvale

I'm in Sunnyvale. I think there have been some Bay Area get togethers in the past, but they've happened on the East Bay, I think. Either way, I'd be excited to do another one, now that my life is more sane workwise.
-eulonda
Eulonda S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-03, 04:42 PM  
goldenphoenix

Re: former bay area VFer

[QUOTE!]

BTW check out the VFer News and Events forum - there is an upcoming fitness conference, Cardio Classic, in March. Even if you don't take classes, the expo has good deals on videos, equipment, apparel, etc.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info - I'll check it out. I don't know if you're a Cathe fan or not, but I hope some day she will come out to the bay area.

Kim
Old 02-05-03, 05:46 PM  
Celia M

Bay Area VFers

Hi there, Kim!

Yes, there are a bunch of VFers in the Bay Area - Dawn P in San Jose, Lindsey in Menlo Park, Alyluna in Concord, Sandy in Redwood City, Linda in the East Bay (Hercules?), Jeannie in Richmond, Kimberly in the South Bay (Cupertino? Campbell?) and more (those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head! I know there are more...) I'm actually up in the Sacramento area, along with Deb R and Renae Brock. And Eulonda, glad to see you're back around and your schedule is getting more sane! And, of course, we miss Caroline...

We've done some get togethers over the last couple of years, and there's usually a group that meets at the Cardio Classic every year. This year, it's set for March 21 - 23 at the Hyatt Regency at the SF Airport (Burlingame).

Some of us take classes, others just go for the free expo. I'm planning to take classes on Friday and Saturday. At minimum, we'll probably arrange a get together on Saturday, have lunch and cruise the expo. Those of us taking classes may be doing more carousing... after all, Hazel Porter's joining us all the way from Dallas! (wah-hoo!)

Keep your eyes on the "VFer News & Events" - we'll be nailing down details as it gets closer. Looking forward to meeting you, Kim!
Old 02-05-03, 06:33 PM  
KimberlyN
VF Supporter

Sunnyvale

I'm the Kimberly that Celia mentioned... I'm in Sunnyvale. I went to a get-together in San Francisco a while ago (September 2001 maybe?). I think I'll check out the expo coming up in March -- maybe we could carpool..
Old 02-06-03, 11:29 AM  
goldenphoenix

Hi,

I hope I can make it. That Expo week is kind of bad for me because my younger son will turn one that weekend. For Vietnamese, one month and first birthday celebration are a big deal. (Most people don't care about or officially celebrate the remaining birthdays). I didn't have a one month celebration for him, so I feel obligated to do a birthday party for him.

If you guys go, enjoy yourselves.

Has Cathe Friedrich ever come to the Bay Area before?

Kim
Old 02-06-03, 11:50 AM  
Celia M

Cathe

As near as I can tell, Cathe doesn't present at fitness conferences like Sara City or IDEA. I don't know if she used to it and has stopped, or whether she ever did. Similarly, I have never heard that she's come out to the West Coast for any fitness events (although she may have come out here for vacation!)
Old 02-06-03, 06:46 PM  
zamolo

Hi, I live in the Sacramento area to.
I just love all of you, you are my motivation.

Sonia
zamolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-03, 07:35 PM  
Elaine P.
VF Supporter

I don't know how I could have missed this thread...

I live in SF. I don't know about taking the classes, but I'd be interested in checking out the expo....and it would be great to finally put a face to the name.

Keep me posted, please!

--Elaine P.
Elaine P. is offline   Reply With Quote