Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-21, 04:51 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Cheryl, we must've been posting at the same time. I'll bet the cable car was fun. I remember riding the streetcars in Pittsburgh when I was young. Good luck finding a cheaper place to live. I can't imagine walking along my river. Maybe if it had street vendors I'd consider it. Cortisone worked 20 minutes in my knee. Lol. It works decently in my shoulders but my right shoulder could use another one. An epidural spinal injection took away many many years of sciatica pain and has kept it gone for 12 years. Amazing. The other 9 in my spine didn't help at all. I get injections in both wrists pretty regularly to stay out of surgery. When I had the accident on the total gym I wrecked both shoulders and wrists. After wearing the sling after surgery and not being able to use one arm, I'm not volunteering for anymore surgery as long as I can function. I do wrist curls and squeeze egg shaped balls to keep my wrists and forearms strong. Too bad I can't strengthen the ligaments that I messed up. My wrists aren't so bad since I use the phone instead of the tablet.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 08:58 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Lynn
We don't usually walk until sometime after 7.

Cheryl I am really enjoying your pictures.

I had to do labs today and had a Dr. apt. I also had to pick up Cody's prescription and run other errands. No time for a workout.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 11:55 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Diana, I had labs and a Dr appointment on Monday. I have a large bruise on my upper arm from either the BP cuff or the elastic for the blood draw. I guess my old skin is getting thin.

Old 07-15-21, 08:49 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Linda Mine was for thyroid. I just saw my results online. The numbers are still in range but have gotten worse. We'll see next week what the Dr. says. I also bruise easily.

Steps for yesterday: 6,568
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-15-21, 01:22 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Diana, mine was for thyroid, cholesterol, glucose, and everything else in a complete workup. I get it done twice a year.

Old 07-15-21, 07:13 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, my thyroid numbers finally were good. What I learned, from a sign at the lab, is that biotin results in a falsely high reading. So for a week before the blood draw, I don't take biotin, which I take regularly b/c the dermatologist suggested it as being good for eyebrows. And since my multiple vitamin has biotin in it, I don't take that either.

Finally, some exercise to report: my best singing friend is also a hiker, and we hiked today for 3 miles at the Carmel River State Beach. Part sand, part path. My knee felt fine. Still seeing the chiro tomorrow.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 08:29 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes -- one of their new weight training ones, which was good, but had upright rows, which I did NOT do and thought of Cynthia while not doing. Plus lots of the PT stretches. Finished the meditation workshop, which got a bit creepy and cult-like with lots of marketing and selling at the end. I liked some of the concepts, but they were just selling one kind of breath work (the one they were selling from their guru) when in fact breath work is a branch of yoga and there are many forms of it that have benefits, not just the one that their guru dreamed up (apparently from divine inspiration). It's not that that the guru's routine wasn't fine, but I didn't like how they took an ancient yogic practice and acted like they invented it, codified it into a very narrow form, and sold it. Luckily I didn't have to pay for the workshop and won't buy what they were trying to upsell at the end.

Cynthia, sounds like a nice hike.

Linda, your man is such a godsend.

Cheryl, keep sending us stories of your new adventures.

Diana, sounds like the perfect time for a walk.

Last edited by lynnf; 07-15-21 at 08:30 PM. Reason: typo
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 08:58 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

There was a fire this morning at the wedding dress shop where I bought my wedding dress, almost 33 years ago. It was a total loss along with all the dresses. They are accepting donations of wedding dresses for the bides to be. My wedding dress is in the back of my closet. I have not protected it in any way. I am wondering if it can be used by one of the brides. Any thoughts?

Cynthia I have also been taking biotin and it's in my multivitamin. I think I heard about that one time but I forgot. I will bring it up at my appointment. Thank you for the reminder.

Check-In: 45 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-16-21, 06:05 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps for yesterday: 12,698
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-16-21, 01:50 PM  
seabliss

I did a workout today--no equipment inner and outer thighs from Heather Robertson. Yesterday it was too hot in the room to work out, but then I realized that the mini-split A/C was set to fan, and today it was much more comfortable.

Linda, haha re. street vendors on your river. I don't know what it's like there but I'm assuming it's a country river! That's amazing that your A/C lasted that long. They don't build 'em like they used to!

Lynn, your post was making me laugh. I don't like upright rows either. And I like that you thought of Cynthia while you rebelled against the video! Also creepy about the yoga sales push. At least that's the end of that!

Diana, my wedding dress was cleaned and preserved in a sealed box, which I haven't opened. I don't know if a normally stored dress would work. It's nice of you to think of it! Maybe you could offer and see what they say.

Cynthia, that's interesting about the biotin. I will keep that in mind. They don't have Armour thyroid here, but I found out that they have synthetic. Another expat called and spoke with her insurance company (or new doctor's office?) here on the phone, and they called in a prescription for her at the pharmacy (no doctor's visit or blood test required, just the same as she had before). Combined with some other prescriptions, her total cost was 15 Euro. And the insurance for her entire family of four is 70 Euro a month. Not bad. No deductibles or anything.