Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-21, 01:13 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather Robertson's Brutal Booty + Leg Slimming, which is a no equipment workout. It's a bit challenging because my mat is on a thin rug that is on a hardwood floor, and the rug slides, so I don't feel completely stable. But I'm glad I got a thick mat before I left the U.S., anticipating the floors here (there are no carpets).

Diana, that is beautiful about your dress! How lovely that it will be used again for at least one other person's very special and joyful day. It sounds like it is a lovely dress. And I hope your birthday is very happy!

Cheryl
Old 07-18-21, 04:24 PM  
lynnf

Caught on the barre 3 challenge by doing day 12 and 13. I am still one day off. And trying to keep up with the PT stretching, which is hard, but I am more or less managing and seem to be getting a bit more range of motion.

Diana, seconding Cheryl's points about the dress. So lovely you donated it and that someone else will get joy from it. Also belated birthday wishes. Hope you had a lovely day.

Cheryl, I wanted to tell you that your shoulder tape arrived. I haven't viewed it, but it looks really helpful and I will definitely give it a try. I also got some Jill Miller ball massage videos, which I've done a couple times and seem helpful too. It is a bit of a pain having to put in all this time on rehab, but I think it's worth it as I do want to try to regain my range of motion if possible.

Waves to Linda and Cynthia!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 08:16 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, glad you had a happy birthday -- belated wishes. And what a lovely gesture to donate beautiful things!

Cheryl, there's an ongoing discussion in the GD of VFers who have met other VFers IRL. (I had to mention meeting Lynn, although I left out the part about how, half a block away, she yelled "thanks for not murdering me."). Fanofladyvols posted about how she enjoyed meeting you.

I did KB swings today. Wnent down in weight since it has been a while. But I have noticed arm improvement, so I want to keep doing them regularly. I plan to do some soothing brief DVD at bedtime so I can get to sleep early b/c I need to get up early tomorrow. The dentist's office opens at 8 a.m. and I plan to be there.

Skip this if you're squeamish --

Anyone ever have an RX Bar? Protein snack, pure ingredients, but as far as a crown of mine was concerned, it might as well have been Bonomo's Turkish Taffy, which used to pull out fillings when I was a kid. I was eating an RX bar on Friday afternoon, after of course the dentist had closed until Monday. Suddenly it felt like a nutshell was in the mix. It was a crown. No discomfort b/c the tooth has had a root canal. I saved the crown and hope he can just glue it back on; or if not, set me up with a temporary. I figure if I'm there first thing I'll have a better chance of getting seen tomorrow. I know he's busy, and I don't want to wait. I've been eating carefully and don't want to ruin the tooth.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 09:18 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Cynthia
I hope the crown issue can be resolved tomorrow.

Check-In: CS 907 Abs & Waist

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 11:01 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

DH and I slept in this morning. We needed it!

Steps for yesterday: 7,018
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy! Have a great start to your week!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-19-21, 02:23 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

What a relief - got to see the dentist and he glued/cemented the crown back on. Whew. No swim today b/c the appointment was during the swim time; I'll get back to the pool on Wednesday.

Back later.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 08:57 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 day 14 of challenge. One last day. And keeping on with the blasted shoulder stretches along with the Jill Miller ball massage. I seem to be making some progress as my arm is getting closer to the ground in the "goal post" stretch.

Cynthia, glad the dentist worked out so simply and expensively. Thanks for the good lesson not to eat those bars. Also, I will add the lesson we always get re avoiding cracking teeth from our dentist: never chew ice. By the way, it was fun meeting up in NY and it was great hearing your choir. Sadly we lost our free apartment in NYC when my FIL died, so we have spent much less time in the city since then due to the high hotel costs. It sure was nice of you not to murder me. DH still distrusts this check in and is sure someone on it is a mass murderer! I keep assuring him that no mass murderer would have the patience to discuss exercise at this length for so many years, but he is never convinced.

Diana, I slept in too, but it was due to sleep troubles last night. Hopefully tonight will go better.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 09:37 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I was planning to walk this evening. We got a pop up thunderstorm that lasted a while. I decided to put up laundry since I couldn't go out.

Lynn That is too funny about your DH.

Cynthia I'm glad the crown situation was resolved so quickly.

Check-In: CS 823 Stretch & Strengthen Lower Body

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-20-21, 07:43 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 5,490
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-20-21, 12:16 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather Robertson's new mini band total body workout. And I've been getting tons of steps. We are not sure if the scale in this flat is correct, but DH has definitely lost weight. The scale says 10 lbs or more, and we have been here less than 2 weeks. He has been eating what he wants, but it's fresh food and we walk everywhere. So that seems to be the magic.

Lynn, I think we can tell by now if someone has the temperament to be a mass murderer in our little check-in!

Cynthia, glad your dentist was able to glue your crown back in. That's happened to me before a couple of times, and with varying results. I will check out that thread on the GD--thanks!

Diana, how are things at your church?