Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-15-21, 06:43 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Kate I started kettlebells in late January and noticed lots of little changes right away. It's like it was the missing piece to my strength puzzle for me. I'm better at stamina and strength overall. I went to do my deadlift with my heaviest barbell weight that I keep loaded and pumped out 8 reps. All my dumbbells feel lighter. I'm getting much more in tune with my muscles..sounds hooky but there it is. I'm sure it has alot to do with me focusing on mobility too.
That's fantastic!!! Yes agree on the mobility part of it. Yes it's time to start adding that into my rotation. I have many good dvds.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 10:51 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

TGIF! Do the days fly by for you guys as fast as they do for me? Geez!

Quick post. I started my workout day with Power Music Group Rx Boot #12. Was-not-feeling-it. Two 30 min workouts so I just did the first one and then popped in Mark Lauren's Focus 15 workouts. Upper, Lower, Core all 15-20 minutes each. Much better. All bodyweight. Upper had lots of different types of pushups. I will be feeling this later I'm sure.
Lower is really excellent and I am sometimes tempted to add weights but it is supposed to be bodyweight exercises.
Core of course was lots of good abs and back core work.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 04-17-21, 10:15 AM  
Jules

Good morning! Sorry I haven't been checking in. This past week was very busy for our family and the next month or so is going to be crazy as well. I am still prioritizing my workouts, but we are refinancing our house and I have a lot of cleaning projects to do before the upcoming appraisal.

On to the workouts!

Sun: Studio Sweat SpinCore
Mon: Cathe Hardcore Extreme Interval Circuit
Tues: BodyCombat 85 + UY Flexibility
Wed: BodyPump 85 + Les Mills The Trip
Th: Cathe Intensity
Fri: Studio Sweat Spin + UY Gentle

I have also started taking the dog for daily walks again now that the roads are dry.

Wow Kate! Bryan Kest!

I have some of the Ab Circuits downloads but I never purchased the partner one b/c there is no way my husband would ever do that with me. Now that my kids are older they might?
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 01:59 PM  
Malinda

Good afternoon FitChicks!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Mine was very relaxing.

Kate - That is really exciting about your yoga teacher training! I have never done a Brian Kest practice, but I've seen so many people post about him. I'm excited for you!

Jules - Great job on keeping up with the workouts while life is busy! Good luck with the re-fi.

Linda - DH is very interested in the partner abs circuit now. I suspect I'll be purchasing that DVD or download soon! Re: the TRX, we bought it for each other for Christmas several years ago and had it ceiling-mounted by our contractor. We don't use it as often as I thought we would, but it's sure handy to have when you want it!

Hi Kim!

Workouts:

Th - P/P/S Challenge, Day 3 - pull-ups/push-ups/swings + Core de Force MMA Shred
Fri - P/P/S Challenge, Day 4 - pull-ups/push-ups/35 swings & 35 back hyperextensions + DH's homemade Isometric Core Workout
Sat - LIIFT 4, Week 7, Arms & Shoulders - I miss lifting heavy weights
Sun - MBFA Day 2, Core Circuit - I miss these workouts, too!
Mon - Triple Wave Pyramid + another homemade Core Circuit w/ DH

I was supposed to do Day 5 of the P/P/S challenge today, but I was cooked by the end of TWP and core. Hopefully I can get them done tomorrow.

We get our second Moderna shots this afternoon. We have been hydrating since yesterday in hopes of staving off side effects.

Old 04-21-21, 10:42 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: Glad you're doing ok! I live on a dirt road too and it's actually been pretty dry lately so roads are dry. Heck we even had the road grater out smoothing out all the ruts. I'm pretty excited about the Kest training!

Malinda: Best of luck on shot #2. Watch your mail for your new dvd and a surprise.

So this week is a hodge podge so far. I have started changing my rotation a little.

Mon: Cathe Live 309 Push Pull Total Body Heavy Weights. I bought this one a while back. VERY good weight work!
Yoga was PY with Bryan and One Burp Zero Lunges. Yes he belches once quite loud. BK is like that. LOL. No lunges but not easy. Fun I love his stuff!

Tues: Body Combat #36. A bit older and tons of fun! Jules can attest...I really don't think there are any bad Combats!
Yoga was from Gaia and Ashleigh Seargent Flow to Slow. I have never done any of her practices but I was looking for a good slow Hatha practice. Good.

Today I did Tony Horton's One on One Vol 3, Disc 11: P.A.P (Post Activation Potentiation). I just love his One on Ones! He's so silly but the workouts are fun and challenging. This one alternates strength moves, plyo, and flexibility moves. Mostly all bodyweight except for some lunges and plank rows. I used my 25s for those. Feeling it. Lots of pushups too.

Yoga pending.

Take care all!

Old 04-21-21, 04:39 PM  
Malinda

Guess what? I finally hit "Buy" on Ripped with HIIT! I went to Cathe's site to see about Ab Circuits, and put the Med Ball/Partner Ab Circuits download in my cart. It looked so lonely there. So I added the RWH download bundle and went for it! That's the longest impulse buy I've ever made! I haven't downloaded them yet - I'll get DH to do it on our home computer so he can make them available on our Roku TV in the workout room.

Second shot IN! Monday night was somewhat restless; as DH put it, "I don't feel bad, but I don't feel good." Uncomfortable is a good description.

Tuesday morning I felt pretty darn good after getting up and moving around. I decided to do my pull-up/push-up/swing challenge since I missed it Monday and movement is good for managing the arm soreness. I followed that up with Core de Force Active Recovery, which is ten minutes of slow punches and kicks, then 10 minutes of stretching.

Then the party was over. Fever, chills, aches for about 16 hours, then voila! All better! DH didn't have fever or aches, just a little bit of droopiness.

I decided today to take the rest day that I probably should have taken yesterday.

Thank you Kate! I'll look forward to going to the post office in a few days!

I hope everyone's having a good week!
Old 04-22-21, 01:50 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi Malinda! I think RwH is great fun and so so many options and mixes! I think you'll really like it.
Bummer about the reaction but at least it was quick!

Today I did Imax 2. This is probably my favorite Imax and the least challenging choreography-wise. It is still mighty intense. I always feel step workouts in my butt...I guess that's the idea? Legs and butt?
Imax 1 is fun but dated. Imax 3 I struggle with the choreography a little. Imax 4 coming up next week.

Have a great day!

Yoga was a lovely practice on Gaia with Bernie called Happy Yin Happy Hips and just what I needed! Lots of good long holds, no pain, Bernie's mellow instruction and music. Ahhhhh. I am really loving Thursday Yin day.

Old 04-23-21, 11:22 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

TGIF!!!!

Today I changed my mind on my workout again. Tony was so fun on Wed that I decided to do One on One Volume 3, Disk 9: Core Synergistics MC2. I adore Core Syn in P90x and this one is great too. Not killer hard (Tony takes long breaks so I keep working) but definitely some challenge. Good workout for the end of the week.
Mostly all bodyweight but also uses a stability ball and a med ball (I subbed a dumbell) and sliders.
LOVE working my core.

I sure hope you all are well and have a wonderful weekend!

Old 04-26-21, 09:41 AM  
Jules

Hello! I am still here. Our appraisal is scheduled for Wednesday so just a couple more days to get ready. I am mostly done with my prep list. I did get in a few workouts last week:

Mon - Terminator Gauntlet
Tues - BodyCombat 77
Wed - BodyPump 98
Thur - Step Blast

Other than that it has been a whole lot of deep cleaning and clearing out junk. My kids are in spring sports and there have also been lots of track meets and soccer games.

Malinda: Congrats on your purchase! I hope you love it as much as Kate and I do!

Kate: Nice mix of challenging workouts as always!

Waves to Kim and Linda!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 05:14 PM  
Mickey12

I posted some of this in my other checkin, but I'll post here too since I've been sort of absent lately. Today I did Cathe's RWH Lift it Hiit it Legs. I love that it clocks in at 40 minutes. I love the mix of weights and plyo alternating, genius! I love that Cathe takes LONGER breaks as the workout progresses. Good stuff! I really like the angel jacks (I think that's what they're called) but boy, I can only do a few of them.

Malinda I think you'll like the Ripped With Hiit Series. I'm a bad judge though, because i have all of Cathe's workouts and I pretty much think they're all great.

Jules I bet it feels good to clear out the junk. I'm not a lover of cleaning, but maybe that feels good for you too. I like getting rid of accumulated stuff though. We've been in our house for 30 years so we definitely have a lot of clutter we can part with.

Yesterday I did an oldie but a really goodie. Christie Taylor's Happy Hour Hi/lo. OMG, so much fun!! I normally like the jumping, but this time I modified to almost all low impact. The music is great (of course) and the moves are easy to grasp and so stinking fun.

I'm fully vaccinated now and feel so happy. I want to move on with life. I feel like we're moving in the right direction.

Hope everyone has a great night!