Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-23-21, 11:54 AM  
ChelePA

Kate... High/Low is my favorite on that DVD. Interval Blast Plus Legs is tough stuff! Intense! Combining Imax 3 with that Kick Blast Challenge. Interval Circuit was my least favorite because lots of equipment was needed and I felt rushed. Maybe if I did it more and knew what to expect I wouldn’t have been so frustrated. Just be prepared with the pause button.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 12:12 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

UG, KateTT and ChelePA, you are making me want that DVD! I've been 'practicing' Imax 3 regularly for the last several weeks because I have decided I want Hardcore Extreme and want to really know it before doing that one premix you're talking about. I'm really familiar with Low Max so not worried about that. I think I'll do Imax 3 today, speaking of that.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 04:09 PM  
lavna

Hello all!

cataddict: So sorry your knee is hurting! Take care of it! I hope it gets better soon. Seriously, yes, I only have 2 shelves. My collection is almost exclusively Cathe DVDs + a few others from other instructors. I don't exercise as often as you guys so that might explain some of it. Also, buying DVDs is more complicated since they come from the US (even thoug it's easier now with online orders) and more expensive because of the exchange rate. In the last few years, I've learned to stick with what I like which are Cathe and Classical stretch/essentrics.

kate: I don't like coffee (even though I like the smell) but I drink a lot of tea and herbal teas. I buy many teas from David's Tea and they have creative flavors. My tea collection is almos as big as my DVD collection!

manleym: Is everything back to normal weatherwise?

bee: Estate taxes is so complex. I know every place is different but here, the goverment has records of all the properties and the sales, owners, etc. on each one. Maybe there's something similar where you live that you could look up? We have until April 30 to file our tax return. So I have I little time ahead of me before it's my turn to tackle that!

On Sunday, I did Live 318 Iron legs, the Abs #1 from X-train and S&S TBGS UB. It's not the first time I've done that but I was so tired the rest of the day. I went to bed quite early that night! Just like a kid!

Today, I did Live 031 Hi/low HIIT as I was short on time. A good workout as usual.

Waves to everyone!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 05:51 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello! A quick post from me -- have to get to my book club zoom. I sort of wimped out on Two Tuesday..... I did the Heather Robertson total body hiit, Chele -- I really liked it! It was a bit more intense than she makes it look -- I guess that makes sense. When I finished I felt pretty well worked but not exhausted -- I really liked that part. I was going to tack on some yoga but I wanted more of a stretch than yoga and neither Udaya or Inner Dimension make it easy to just find a stretchy practice, so I gave up. Turns out I did some major spring cleaning, so there was a lot of walking and some lifting involved in that, so I'll just have to count that as my second Tuesday workout.

Thanks for all the tax support, friends! I'll get through it!

Chele, thanks for naming the Kat workout -- I have it queued up for Fun Friday.

Oh, and I remember that I had counted my dvds for Linda a while back.... counting sets as "one", I am just shy of 700. Sheesh, that'll keep a person busy, eh? And here I am hooked on youtube workouts and streaming yoga!!

Ok, got to run.... waves all around!!
Old 02-23-21, 07:28 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Just checking in. I'm still out of commission workout wise but the knee/leg is definitely better today. It was Hair Max anyway so I'm not feeling too deprived of my workout pleasure. I'm still going day by day, but I'm shooting to join in Fun Friday at least.

Nathalie, I get why your collection isn't as extensive. It makes sense that US shipping could be a hindrance, as well as the difference in exchange rate.

bee, I know you will get through your tax woes. Do get some good advice, as you don't want to pay if you don't have to do so. There are different rules for selling property once a person has passed away.

Kate, I haven't done any of the Vertical loading workouts. I will have to try one. And if you subscribe to Cathe Live for 6 months it's 10% off. I think I paid $51 for 6 months. It's been well worth it! Not that I'm enabling or anything...

FN1, the picture of Lux and Merlin is hilarious, and if you changed the colors of the cats involved that scene could have happened in our house! Big Orange is extremely tolerant of his younger brother's harassment, but when he's had enough he takes his giant paw and pushes his face.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 10:21 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict...glad things are improving and you are listening to your body.

Bee...I have always wanted to join a book club. Love that you are still doing via zoom. And I agree that Heather Robertson one sneaks up on you with the right weights.

Nathalie...another tea drinker here too. Usually very lightly raspberry sweetened black tea. Neither my husband or I like coffee.

For Kickbox Wednesday, I started with Naomi Joy's Trampoline Workout with Light Hand Weights. She was using 5 pounds, but 3 pounds was enough for me. She kept the bouncing simple so you had good form with upper body movements. It was around 15 minutes. I actually felt a burn with such light weights. I probably could have lifted heavier for a few of the exercises. I decided to give JG Kickboxing another try. Cardio Kick and Sculpt 2. I really like her personality and instruction style. The biggest drawback and it's a big one for me is that I have to crank my TV up to hear the background music. And then of course she's screaming at me...haha. I know she uses the same Cathe Live music in her workouts so maybe her zoom class is sick of hearing it. This one was set up in three circuits that are repeated once. Cardio that ends with a compound weight move. She uses 10 pounds. I used 12 pounds since I was wearing my weighted gloves. This helps with the intensity especially with her upper body combos in circuit 2. I would consider the level more advanced intermediate if wearing gloves and picking the right dumbbells. I just wish the music wasn't an issue. I really enjoy kickboxing and like these workouts for a more intermediate day.

Going to enjoy the sunshine today...possibly 50.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 01:33 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

ChelePA: Thanks for the advice. I'll preview it to make sure I'm prepared.

kittybug: I have been avoiding Imax3 because of the choreography. But the parts in Hi/Lo HCE seemed pretty doable. I'll have to do some previewing.

Nathalie: My tea collection is pretty big too. I love my tea! But I also love coffee too.

bee: I refuse to tell how many DVDS/workouts I have on the grounds it may incriminate me.

Today I did Katami 4x4 I Am Hero 1. Oh yes they are getting harder. I only used my 10s and 15s except for one rowing move where I used 20. The pace is a bit faster, the moves are definitely more compound/total body. Dripping again as usual. This one also had a lot more bodyweight only moves.
I found myself going at my own pace. One cardio segment they did High Knee run and I actually went faster. Other moves I went slower like a plank/knee to elbow/scorpion move.

One more 4x4 and I am ready to move on. Good metabolic workouts. I'm still working on my March rotation. Cathe is in there, some Group Rx but then not sure.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 01:44 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hump Day!!!!! Hello party people......

cataddict, how's your hair? Hope you can make it for Fun Friday, but mostly I just hope you're not suffering!! And I will definitely have help with my taxes! I sent a bunch of stuff off this morning and broke the news about not having much for them to go on -- we'll see what they say back. I'm sure they hate stuff like this! My oldest son worked for a tax accounting office during tax season one year -- it was interesting to hear his stories.

Nathalie..... inquiring minds want to know..... are you having trouble with butter? I saw an article about Canadians complaining about butter not softening up -- apparently there was palm oil in their feed, or something? I realize Canada is an awfully big place and I'm hoping you don't have the bad butter. I'm also hoping it doesn't hit us because.... well, butter should be butter!!

This morning I was back to a Bodystrikes -- #3 -- because I wasn't sure I wanted to make my arms punch. Lately I feel like I'm pushing it a bit on shoulder work and just want to make sure I give them some rest now and then. I like the Bodystrikes because they are more of a steady state workout -- I was so sweaty at the end!!

Chele, I have always wanted to be in a book club and this one (which started in zoom) is my first! When my kids were young book clubs were all the rage and I used to joke that all of us moms with young kids who were trying to work, work out, get food on the table, etc., would have to each read a chapter of the book and in the meeting we could piece together what actually happens in the book because there's no way we'd be able to read more than a chapter in a month. Did I tell you that the book we are on now is "Godel, Escher, Bach"? Not light reading -- we do about a chapter a week and there's no way I'd be reading this without the club. I tried to read it back when it was originally published, but I couldn't get through it. Anyway, you should start a book club!!

Ok, off to get some chores done...... have a great day, all!!
Old 02-24-21, 01:46 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh gosh..... I keep meaning to tell you guys.... the other day when I did Afterburn, there are a couple of places where Cathe says "I'm stalling" because even she needs to catch her breath. I'm pretty sure I heard her say "I should make stalling an exercise!" at one point...... does anyone else remember this?! Did I hear that correctly?
Old 02-24-21, 02:24 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Oh gosh..... I keep meaning to tell you guys.... the other day when I did Afterburn, there are a couple of places where Cathe says "I'm stalling" because even she needs to catch her breath. I'm pretty sure I heard her say "I should make stalling an exercise!" at one point...... does anyone else remember this?! Did I hear that correctly?
Yep, you heard her correctly!! Coming soon, STALL Max, hah hah hah!!! If only...

Watulans, I cannot be helped. I noticed a set from Ingrid Romero as Mary's Daily Deal today and with the discount plus my accumulated points, it was a 'can't-pass-up' deal for me. Sigh. I've heard scary things about the leg work so we'll see how that goes, hah!! Anyone have this and thoughts?

I need to start working through all my virgin workouts like Kim did, I really do! But in my defense, I'm working through Katami and that's a virgin so I guess I sort of already am, right?

ChelePA, I don't understand "Neither my husband or I like coffee." I understand each word separately but when you put them together like that, nope!

FN2, how is the knee?

KateTT, definitely take some time with the choreo for Imax 3, but it's a great sign if the HCE mix didn't trip you up! I'm starting to know it really well now, as I noticed yesterday that music/choreo connection happening for me and it felt pretty natural.

Nathalie, yikes, never even thought about shipping to CA. Ouch!

Today is to be Katami's I am Athlete 1...and I'll try to report back later if I get a chance. Stay fierce, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in