Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-21, 12:16 PM  
horusosiris

We just had shovel max and today is another shovel max day. Spring, where are you?

Bee- funny stories about the boys! Since I grew up with all brothers, I wanted a least one girl but that was not to be because I have all boys. I was next to the youngest. They treated me like one of them. I learned to play and love football, weightlifting, basketball, etc. I also learned very early on how to fend for myself. I truly missed not having a sister especially as I got older. I think that sisters share a unique bond. Of course, there were some advantages to being the only girl, one being that I always had my own space. I have cousins who are like sisters to me and I am grateful for that. I quickly learned to fend for myself among all of the testosterone.

Chel- Yummy- did you save me any chocolate covered strawberries?

Manelym- yes, I am sick of burpees, mountain climbers, etc. I often sub other moves. Have you thought about watching All Creatures Great and Small?

Mickey- Christi Taylor’s Fantastic Four, I have to see if I can find this in in my collection. I haven’t done it in years.

Kim – sorry for your slump. That is exactly how I have been feeling lately but I do feel myself coming out of it.
horusosiris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 01:15 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Sloggin' Sunday! Perhaps it's Miserable Shovel Max Sunday?

manleym, I think Bang on the Drum was during the move where the arm goes out like you're a waiter and you have a dish on it. I cannot remember exactly where it was or the names of any of the moves! Bzzzzt, gone! I do think the songs were original. Good to know about 2lazy4thegym and the Heather reviews -- I will check that out and also give Heather another try sometime.

Kim, that is super cool about Still Jumpin' for Fun -- I had no idea! I know nothing about Christi but it's always very cool when instructors acknowledge VF. We have certainly helped their business! Glad you were able to have fun with a workout. Hot tip.... today I finally tried one of those youtube Body Project workouts -- it was fairly easy, but fun! They had great songs during it. Hard to hear their instruction but it didn't really matter -- it was very easy to follow along. Anyway, keep in mind if you want to try something new that has fun potential.

horusosiris, I agree that sisters can be very special. I have that sort of relationship with one of my sisters, but was never close to the other. And then I have a cousin who is almost like a sister to me. I can start to appreciate how a lot of your big family gatherings revolve around sports!

So today, as I mentioned, I did a Body Project 16 minute workout as a warm up -- great music, pretty fun. Definitely warmed me up. Then went on to Caroline's EPIC II Day 2 - Legs. Wow, this was a slog! But I really enjoyed the challenge! Did someone here mention the pulses on the yoga block? I found the squats on a yoga block so tough -- my calves kept wanting to cramp every time I got in position. And that hamstring work at the end! It seemed never ending!! I think I will be sore tomorrow. I tried to go quite heavy and indeed, in the beginning when she was just holding one weight I was not far off from her, but I started huffing and puffing so badly I had to lower the weight. I was breathing hard throughout the workout.

I tried to do a shorter Udaya yin yoga after as a nice stretch but I had to Joni O it! The instructor waaaasssss jjjjuuuuussssstttt tttttoooooo ssssslllllllooooowww. Ug, drove me nuts!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and the shoveling not too bad. I am sore in my back from weeding? Did I already whine about that yesterday?!
Old 02-07-21, 01:16 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh! a new series to watch..... I would encourage you to sign up for the free trial for Acorn and watch 800 Words, if you haven't already. I think it's only a free week, but it's only $6/month and I'll bet you could finish it in a month or maybe two. We loved that series -- the characters really grow on you.
Old 02-07-21, 02:23 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
Thank you!! It was driving me crazy because I searched the term on google and was lead back to vf. Aww, a sweet kitty.
That’s hysterical! I searched back to our first thread and as best I can tell, Kittybug first used the Watulan name in June, 2020. Sweet Watula was still living then.
Old 02-07-21, 03:49 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Popping in to say, when Jusca said she googled Watula I did the same and it showed up the street in Ocala, FL, which I passed every day to and from work when we lived there. That's where the name came from in my head, but my searching at the time came up with a Native American reference. We still miss our little sweetheart.

Manleym, in Totally Hot Cardio, Bang the Drum All Day is towards the end of the "regular" routine, right before Devil with the Blue Dress (which is ingrained in my memory FOREVER from college days). Bee is thinking of a different Christi cardio (I think) with the "serve it up" move. I can't recall which one it is, but not THC.

bee, loved the "where's the penis" story.

Kim, I hope you come out of your workout slump soon. I feel like I'm in a bit of one myself, perhaps it's PTSTSD. When I was working pretty much everyone there would take the elevator for one floor, and this was the younger people too. We were on the 11th floor, and when we had fire drills (or had to evacuate for an earthquake--once) there were people who either didn't leave the office or waited for almost an hour to take the elevator back up. I made it a point to walk the stairs up and down once a day as my job was very sedentary. I zipped up those stairs faster than the 20 somethings.

About Season 5 of Poldark, I think they were trying to wrap up loose ends since they weren't going to continue filming beyond the season so it was bound to be different from the earlier years. I enjoyed it just the same, and didn't expect it to follow the books exactly since there were many more books written than were filmed in the series. manleym, second the recommendation for All Creatures Great and Small. We have a couple of other series in our queue, but haven't started watching them so can't recommend.

Sorry about Shovel Max Extreme! We got cold, cold rain instead. I think I prefer snow. horusosiris, Phil did say we are having 6 more weeks of winter, so spring is still a month or so away

DH is coming home early from work today (yay!) so I need to motivate myself not to do my workout! I'm going to try Cathe Live #4, Cardio and Weights. I do see a lot of similarity in the workouts of the same type in the Lives, as horusosiris mentioned, so I think I may have to insert different instructors more often so I won't burn out on Cathe Live.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 03:59 PM  
horusosiris

To all of my fellow football fan Watulans.-Since today is Superbowl Sunday, my predication is Tampa Bay 36-24. Sadly, actually very sadly, there is no Super Bowl party for us today! Pandemic be gone!
I received the second Moderna vaccine yesterday. The second vaccine is supposed to elicit more side effects but so far, so good. I only have moderate pain at the injection site. Most of the side effects occur 48-72 hours after the vaccine but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Bee- I do Body Projects workouts now and then to change things up. Last year I did one of their challenges. What is 800 Words about? I meant to mention that all of my brothers pushed me to excel academically. Two of my older brothers would teach me almost everything they had learned in school that day. Another brother was a book lover and he helped me to develop my love of books and reading. He took me to the library several times per week and he taught me the Dewey Decimal system because I assisted him in maintain our home library (yes, he classified everything at home by the Dewey Decimal System). We sometime laugh and reminisce about those days.

Cataddict- that is an excellent idea to rotate in other instructors so that you do not tire of Cathe Live. I periodically complain about Cathe but I always come back to her. Phil, please be wrong! Spring is only a thought away!
horusosiris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 05:06 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

cataddict, maybe I didn't describe the Christi move right -- and maybe I'm not even remembering it correctly! -- but, that's the only Christi I've ever done (tried one on youtube once and didn't get anywhere with the choreography), so I couldn't be remembering another workout from her.

horusosiris, you have confirmed why I always wanted an older brother when I was younger! Love those stories about your brothers. 800 Words is named that because the central character writes a column that is always 800 words and the episode revolves around the column (and/or vice versa?). His wife dies suddenly and he moves his teenage daughter and son from Australia to New Zealand. It's all about them getting settled in this new life.

We are not football fans at all here, but my younger son is excited to see who will win the Super Bowl today because of the battle of the quarterbacks. He will be happy with either outcome. We'll have it on here, but I think this is the first time in my kids' lifetimes that it's going to happen! I know you are missing your family today!! xox
Old 02-07-21, 05:26 PM  
manleym

Cataddict my husband's dad lived in Ocala, FL and I have a good friend who lives there. Hubby grew up in Jacksonville, and went to University of Florida, so that area is his old stompin' grounds and roots.

Cataddict and Bee I'll have to go back and look at THC. I remember Devil in the Blue Dress, and liked that song. The whole workout has a good soundtrack.

Thanks for the recommendations for a series to watch. We do have All Creatures Great and Small in our queue. Also have Miss Scarlet and the Duke. 800 Words sounds interesting. Is Acorn available through Prime?

Horusosiris we're on the couch watching all the pre-game stuff. Don't really have any skin in this game, so doesn't really matter to me who wins. Just hope for a good game, which I'm sure it will be. I'm thinking Tampa Bay will win too.

Happy Sunday all!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 07:13 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi again, Watulans!

So I did Cathe Live #4 except for the abs portion. It clocks in at 54 minutes and it seemed pretty tough for me. I think I need to go easier this week and recover more from STS. I was pretty tired yesterday and did some walking but no other workouts.

FN1, I forgot to ask about your foot! I seem to do things to myself and not remember how I did them. Hope all is better today.

bee, you could be right about the move in the Christi workout since I don't remember what was going on during the song. I don't know that all the songs are originals, at least Bang the Drum All Day doesn't sound like Todd Rundgren.

We don't care about the Super Bowl either but we are in a pool that pays per quarter based on scores. And we like watching the commercials although that doesn't appear to be a big deal this year with some major players not producing ads.

Waving again!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 08:53 PM  
Mickey12

Hello Watulans!

Horusosiris the more you talk about your family, the more I understand how hard it is for you to be apart from them. Your relationship with your brothers sounds so special. I'm glad you don't take it for granted. It's a rare find and I know you treasure it.

Bee I checked out Team Body Project on Youtube although I didn't do a workout. They sure look like they're enjoying themselves. I like it when the participants seem genuinely enthusiastic about the workout.

Tonight I chose to do Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness, daily dose of bliss practice. I think Kittybug did this one not too long ago, but the full 80 minute practice. I haven't been doing nearly enough yoga lately and this was a nice one because it was not too much strength work. I need to concentrate on more flexibility and Eoin is so, well, blissful. This is the practice where he says the pose should feel like someone licking ice cream off your body.

We're not football fans but my husband has the Superbowl on. We don't really watch it though, just look up occasionally when things get interesting. I won't see the end either, it's after my bedtime. I hope the game is exciting and enjoyable for those watching.

New week, let's make it a good one.

Tags
watulan check-in