Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-03, 06:55 AM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

my first Cathe

My first Cathe was Step N Motion 1 which I got from Collage. I don't remember why I never got the second one, but I also got Step N Motion 3 from Collage. But sorry to say I did not get any more of hers until MIS and MIC came out. At the time, MIS, MIC, and Step N Motion 1 easily fit my time schedule, since I could break them up into shorter workouts. Since then, I have had practically all of her workouts at one time or another on video or, most recently, DVD.
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 06:59 AM  
nancy c
Tri-ing!

I think Mega Step Blast and Powermax

If memory serves me well, it's been awhile, but I think I got those two together from Collage.

I think they both had staff favorites by them and both were rated advanced..I wanted to be challenged..and I was
nancy c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 07:53 AM  
Diane

Powermax

Powermax was my first Cathe tape, I was new to the computer, and was going to dietwatch site about 5 years ago. Some nice person who I can't even remember there name recommended it, and the rest is also history for me. I have preordered everything but the Slow and Heavy Series. I tend to get bored with strength but I love what it does. I do not think I have the patience for slow and heavy. I am a Cathe addict!
Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 08:23 AM  
Jenne
VF Supporter

Step Jam

I was looking for a step tape that was longer than the 5 Step Reebok tapes I already had, so I ordered Step Jam out of Collage. I absolutely adored it and I adored Cathe. (My husband, who can't stand my beloved Susan Harris, really likes it when I do Cathe tapes.) I quickly ordered Interval Max, Body Max, MIC, the Wedding Tape, and a couple of others. Now I have the CTX series and Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks, and I'm getting ready to order the PS series on DVD.

I think Step Jam is a great one to start with IF someone is looking for just a step tape and IF that person already has some basic stepping experience (like in a class or with the Reebok tapes.) Otherwise, the learning curve could be too frustrating. For an intermediate stepper looking to branch out, I would recommend Body Max instead as a good Cathe tape to start off with.
Jenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 08:26 AM  
npuzon

My very first Cathe purchase was the CTX series in DVD format through the recommendation of fellow VFers. I since have gotten MIC, MIS, Bodymax and PowerHour through the swap and am patiently awaiting the Intensity series DVDs. Cathe's workouts are the only ones I do now. I am so addicted!!

Nette
npuzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 08:36 AM  
Kelly B

I took a huge chance and ordered 4 of her tapes before ever doing a single workout, I just had a good feeling. Step Heat was the first one I could actually do: first on 4" with no power, then some power, then on 6" with no power, then FINALLY the whole thing with no modifications. Mega Step Blast, Step Max and, I think, Step Jam were also my original purchases and while I liked them, Step Heat always holds a special place because that's when I really started to get "fit." As a matter of fact, the first time I met Cathe, that's the tape I had her autograph.

This thread is so timely, I was just thinking about dusting off Step Heat last night to see how it holds up compared to her newer torture tapes! I figured if I can do IMAX, Step Heat will be easy! (Somehow I think my logic is flawed though, this IS Cathe we're talking about).

Kelly
Kelly B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 08:46 AM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

MIC & MIS

Long, long before I discovered VF, I took many long hours obsessing over the Collage catalog and which one of these unknown "Cathe" person's videos I would finally try. I think the words "maximum intensity" are what got me in the end . I loved MIS and did it often, I loved the hi/lo in MIC and did it often, but that step portion rocked my world WAY too much . I had only been doing Reebok's, Firms, Kathy Smith, Jane Fonda etc. and this seemed SO COMPLEX to me. I had never seen such moves before. Anyway, the step section soon became something to be feared and it was put away for literally, YEARS. Then, after being around VF for a while and acquiring tons of CIAs, Christi's etc. and realizing that I had grown enormously in my capacity for complex choreo, I pulled it out once again. HA! I loved it and dare I say? The choreo was easy!!! What a revelation!! It's now one of my favorite Cathe step portions. Live and learn.
Old 01-06-03, 08:47 AM  
Betsy
VF Supporter

Mega Step Blast

My first real advanced video. After lurking here for a few months in late 1998/1999 and hearing all the raves about Cathe, I bought this one off Ebay and have never looked back. I traded it away last year because I've moved on to her newer ones, but it was a great introduction to her. I love Cathe!
Old 01-06-03, 08:48 AM  
laurieb
VF Supporter

Wedding Tape and Step Heat

And shortly after everything else! Powermax was my favorite for a long time in the beginning. Now I rarely do the older tapes with the exception of the PS series.
Old 01-06-03, 08:55 AM  
lounsbury
VF Supporter

Step Heat

And I still think it's a good choice for a first Cathe. Now that I'm thoroughly familiar with Cathe's choreography, though, there are newer ones I like better (Step Works, CTX Step & Intervals, etc.). But I do still pull out Step Heat on occasion -- it's nice to use as a gauge sometimes.

I thought of that while riding my bike. ~Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity
lounsbury is offline   Reply With Quote