Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-03, 12:13 AM  
Trevian

Your First Cathe Purchase Was...?

What was your FIRST Cathe purchase? And if you were to do it all over again, would you make the same choice or is there another Cathe Feature, one that you acquired later on, that you find more suitable for Cathe virgins?
Trevian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 12:27 AM  
amyzan
VF Supporter

First off, I have to admit, I don't yet have a LOT of Cathe tapes. One tape was enough to convince me, however! It was, and boy, it still is: MIS! I'd recommend it to any Cathe neophyte, however unqualified I am to expound on this subject.
amyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 12:28 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

My first Cathe was Step n Motion 1...back when that was the only Cathe available from Collage. The next was Step n Motion 2, then 3... If I were just entering the wide world of Cathe, I would say that Body Max might be a good first choice, since it has so much packed into one tape.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 12:32 AM  
Trevian

Thanks to the both of you.
Trevian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 01:27 AM  
Caroline Kim
VF Supporter

My first Cathe, long before I had discovered VF, was Mega Step Blast. That's the one the Collage rep on the phone recommended to me. The leg blast really killed me. Of course, that was also back in the day when I thought you *had* to use an 8 inch step for everything. It's a good workout but the outfits (thong leotard over lacey bike shorts) are a bit dated.
Old 01-06-03, 03:32 AM  
Marcia
VF Supporter

My first Cathe was Step Max. I remember barely getting through the first section. I never thought I'd be able to complete it. It was a good tape of hers to start with.

Marcia
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 06:19 AM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

funny you should ask...

I just did it yesterday, and I thought what a great thread this would make. My first Cathe was Body Max. It was perfect for me because I had been working out at a gym and taking live classes for quite awhile. I found out about it through VF, and I remember being totally thrilled to find advanced video workouts. I had been doing Kathy Smith's Step W/O and Karen Voight's Energy Sprint over and over and over again and I just knew there had to be more!

I also remember being totally wiped out using my normal 8" step! I couldn't get to Collage fast enough to order every Cathe I could get my hands on. I think my next two were Step Works and MIS. I ordered all of her older step vids then I order PS when it came out and the rest is history.

I've also owned her oldies at one time or another, but couldn't get into anything from the Step n Motions or older. I still enjoy an occasional Step Heat or Step Jam, but my favorite "older" Cathe step workout is Step Works.

Woohoo, I love that Cathe girl!!
Mary W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 06:26 AM  
Mellyf
VF Supporter

Power Max

I had taken step classes at a gym, so I had experience stepping, but I was still worried about being able to do it. However, the Collage rep told me that if I was an experienced stepper I shouldn't have any problems. ;-) Well...it was still the most advanced workout I'd ever done. It's kind of funny to look back and think about how long it took me to learn PM. I had to rewind many, many times over the course of several days.
Old 01-06-03, 06:29 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

My first was MIS.

I found out about Cathe from VF but wasn't that interested in long, high impact stepping. Then came MIS. I wavered for a while because of its length, but as soon as I realized I could easily split it up I went for it.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 06:50 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Hi all,
It was PowerMax, and it was my intro to stepping. It turned me into a Cathe stepaholic for a year and then I came back to earth and started back to cross training again. I step no more than 2 times a week now.
It is the tape that I go to after I am coming back from being sick or having an extended time away from stepping. It must be the comfort factor. I still love this tape. Have a great day. Janet
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote