Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-03-11, 10:39 PM  
bfit

how are the Chair Dancing workouts?

Has anyone tried any of the Chair Dancing workouts? I'm trying to find a couple of workouts for my sister-in-law who has had foot surgery. In another thread a kind VFer already suggested Margaret Richards "Getting Better", and that looks great. I looked at Chair Dancing clips on Collage and was undecided about them. The Sit and Be Fit clips definitely looked too easy for her. She is not a senior citizen, and I would say her fitness level is beginner/intermediate.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 08:32 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I bought a Conductorcize dvd as a joke gift for a friend, but decided to take a look at it first. It was surprisingly vigorous, and it's fairly long (about 45 minutes). She could sit down and follow it, but it helps to like Classical Music.
Old 05-04-11, 08:48 AM  
PhyllisG

I saw a program about the woman who is the conductor for Crete's Philharmonic orchestra (I think it was Crete) and she had these amazing toned arms. The asked her about it and she said it was from conducting the orchestra.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 09:16 AM  
Gams

After I broke my leg, I used Karen Voight's Ease into Fitness. It's been awhile, but I really liked it at the time.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 09:55 AM  
ardnas

When I tore ligaments in my ankle I bought 4 of the Chair Dancing workouts on DVD; Around the World, Through the Decades, Sit Down to Tone Up 2, and Yoga. I liked them all. They were fun & easy to do regardless of an injury. My mother also does both Chair Dancing Around the World and Through the Decades and likes them alot.
Old 05-04-11, 07:56 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

I believe you can do any Leslie Sansone video while sitting in a chair. Most of her moves are doable by moving your legs in essentially the same way while you're seated and it's easy to modify the others. The upper body stuff stays the same, of course.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 08:05 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I used the Chair Dancing workouts after my foot surgery. I love them! I sat on my stability ball (up against the coffee table). I also used KV's Ease Into Fitness.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 12:09 PM  
imhere2dance

Thanks to this thread, I decided to order Chair Dancing and Chair Dancing Through the Decades. The clips I watched on Collage look fun. I figure I can use them in the evenings when I'm tired, but want to do a little something. And of course they'll be good to have on hand to use if I get sick or injured.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chair dancing, chair exercise, conductorcise