Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-21-21, 02:35 PM  
Twigs

Hi everyone!

Yesterday evening I squeezed in a short Ellen Barrett yoga mat workout, which was nice and relaxing.

Today's workouts:
- Kendra Fitzgerald Hip Balancing & Glute Strengthening
- Pilates Flow with Mira - Small Ball Workout. This was my first class with Mira. It was pleasant and not too taxing. I like her upbeat personality. Something she said made me chuckle. I'm not sure if she realised the double entendre or not.
- Ekhart Yoga - Yamuna Full Body. This felt like a wonderful massage. I'd been gardening all afternoon and had a tug of war with a weed that wouldn't shift. I got the blighter out but pulled a muscle in my upper back. The ball rolling helped a lot.

Pat and Sandra - I loved hearing your turkey stories.

Beth - I'm glad your new Bosu DVD turned out to a keeper after all. I still have a few Bosu DVDs somewhere. I'm sure I have one of Chalene. I'll have to dig it out sometime.

Pam - Hope you like Robin's new Pilates challenge.

Paine - You have the nicest weather. Enjoy your walk.

Karen Jo - It sounds as though you have a great fitness plan. I like to spread my workouts throughout the day too, rather than try to do one long workout. I think we do have similar tastes; I also like Carol Argo and Nia workouts. Hope you enjoy your new Pilates books. I enjoyed how you were able to put your turkey herding techniques into practice. How cool to have grown up on a ranch.

Waves to everyone popping in today.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 10:56 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~BellyFit Live on zoom: Root Chakra Activation - Alice offered this freebie on zoom & Facebook, very generous of her!
~Taught Essentrics - A stretchy all standing/chair class, first full hour in person one in quite a while! I was getting used to teaching 30 min.
~PT exercises
~1 hour of yin on my own….forward bends, hip openers, shoulder stretches, twists, finishing with supported fish

I passed on day 2 of Robin’s Pilates Challenge as I felt like I’d done enough. I’ll continue with it tomorrow.

Margot - I’ve always been curious about Yamuna Ball rolling. She does sell downloads, but balls are so expensive here and I don’t know what would be a cheaper substitute.

Beth - That Bosu Dvd sounds interesting, hope you enjoy it.

KarenJo - I like your no stress approach to fitness. I had a Malibu Pilates chair for a while. I really liked it, but it was cumbersome to move around when I had to clear my studio for classes. At the time I also had a Fluidity barre & my Bellicon. I still have the Bellicon but it’s easy to move.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 07:28 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all - happy first day of fall!

I tried parts of the BOSU DVD again last night. I do like the abs work. I'm not sure how much I'll get out of the rest of the DVD though since the Balance Trainer won't really work for cardio-type moves - and I'm not sure I could get past the cheesiness factor!

Karen Jo, please pop in whenever you can, and definitely don't feel like you need to take time replying to everyone! I use the "non zero" concept myself, but I usually call it "just do something." It's definitely helped me to be more consistent by not holding myself to a rigid standard. When I have more time (and energy!), I try to do more. Also like you, I try to copy my posts (especially the longer ones) before I submit. Wow, you have a long history with Pilates! I'd still like to do a reformer class some time.

Margot, now I want to try that routine with Mira! I've done a couple with her. Was the Ekhart rolling practice you did with Esther or one of the other instructors? I love Esther, but I've found most of the Ekhart yoga instructors to be so sweet.

Pam, I saw that Bellyfit workout and wanted to try it, but even though I work from home Tuesdays, I didn't think I could justify taking time to exercise at 11 a.m. (EST). But it's a good reminder that I want to keep doing more of the Bellyfit routines I have. I missed it - are you doing a Pilates challenge with Robin Long? I like her routines.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 08:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Nothing to brag about - just came by to say hi!

I had a massage with my gua sha goddess last night and rested after. She is a certified aromatherapist so I asked her if there's something she can concoct to help me with the sluggishness, aggravation and lack of motivation. I don't have a diffuser so she's going to make me a "sniffy stick," cute! Hmm, maybe I should get a diffuser for the office with something for stress.

Wow it is the first day of fall! Thanks, Beth. I'd never have thought a BOSU workout would be cheesey but I guess it pops up anywhere.

Pam, I wanted to take advantage of Alice's freebie but alas. I'm glad you got to enjoy it.

Margot, you find the best YouTube offerings. That small ball workout with Mira looks tough, but like something I need to do - I'll try it, thanks! And look for the double entendre.

KarenJo, we have coyotes that moved into town by me, too. I welcome them - they eat vermin, especially the rats down by the river. I really like that zero goal idea - very helpful, thanks!

Paine, that looks like a really nice yoga practice.

Morning to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 10:14 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Deep Stretch Yin Yoga with Mimi Solaire (Hips & Legs Practice)

My lower back feels stiff this morning so Solaire's Hips & Legs Yin Yoga practice felt wonderful.

KarenJo, I really like my Donna Helm-Yost Yin Yoga DVD. My biggest criticism of it is that the Yin practice is a little over an hour long and it's not chaptered but I still like doing sections of it if I don't have time to do the entire practice.
I enjoyed hearing about your plan for your daily workout goals so thank you for sharing that with us.
How interesting that you grew up on a turkey ranch!

Beth, it's good you gave your BOSU DVD another try!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 10:19 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Beth & Pat - Alice’s workout is still up on the BellyFit FB page & I’m sure she will keep it there for a while. It was a nice one, I enjoyed it.

Pat - Your massage sounds lovely!

I’m teaching a 30 min class on zoom in a bit so must go set up.

Back later with today’s workouts.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 09-22-21, 10:21 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, it's nice having a diffuser in the office! I'm interested to hear what scents she chooses for your "sniffy stick." I need a massage!

Paine, glad that practice helped you. I must have "stiff old lady syndrome," because I find myself feeling stiffer whenever I've been in one place for awhile, sitting or standing.

ETA - Pam, that's good to know about BF; thank you!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-22-21, 02:19 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone

Today was:
- Body Groove - Miranda Towel Groove. A fun class using a towel as a prop. The music was good too.
- HealthBarre Full Body Sculpt
- 1 hour walk over our common land
- Bellyfit Zoom on Facebook. I only had time to do the standing portion of the workout. Thanks Pam for mentioning it.

Pam - Yamuna do flash sales every so often and I have bought a couple of downloads with the 20% discount. The balls were also 20% off a short while ago but that would only benefit people living in the US. Like me, I'd expect you'd end up having to pay a lot for shipping, duties etc. I've been racking my brains but can't think of a substitute - sorry. The balls are more solid and weightier than the normal inflatable balls that we're used to. They are expensive here too and it took me a year to decide whether to splurge or not. Then with lockdown, I wasn't able to see my fascia therapist and figured buying 2 black balls and 1 large gold ball was actually cheaper than one fascia session. So that was my justification in finally buying them.

Beth - The body rolling was with Nichi Green. I think she has over 20 different Yamuna practices on Ekhart Yoga. I like Esther too but have come across some other really good instructors on her site. I usually subscribe when they offer a special deal.

Pat - Your massage sounds nice and relaxing.

Paine - I'm glad Mimi's practice was able to relieve your back soreness. It always feels good to be able to get some instant relief.

Hope everyone has a great day.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 08:06 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, I have never subscribed to Ekhart yoga, just have taken advantage of their freebies - but maybe I should consider it!

I wound up filming a new video today for the first day of fall, "Reap Your Harvest":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAxTrFdDwVs&t=4s

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-23-21, 12:45 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Cardio: 10 min gliding & 10 min gentle rebounding
~Upper Body strength: 15 min rowing
~PT exercises
~The Balanced Life Refresh & Reset Challenge: Day 2

Margot - I should get on Yamuna’s email list to watch for flash sales. I need to get back to doing more MELTing and would like to fit in an hour long session at least once a week. Glad you enjoyed the BF workout.

Beth - I look forward to your new video!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn