Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-16-21, 09:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Please welcome my great grandnephew Seamus, born 7:00 this morning.

VF won't let me attach his photo to two discussions, if you want to post-stalk me it is in my Margaret check-in.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 09:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

On the workout front, a low key day. Dealing with kinky shoulders/neck.

~ Lee Holden original Qigong for Neck and Upper Back
~ chiro adjustment
~ Ellen's Cardio Core download
~ Yoga Ranger Restorative Yoga for Upper Back, Shoulders & Chest
~ Kassandra Guided Chakra Affirmations
~ 4,000 steps

The Yoga Ranger practice was a good one for asthma/lung issues and a nice side body stretch, too.

I have to fly by - make it a great day everyone!
Old 09-16-21, 09:19 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, you are NOT old enough to have a great-grandson! Very cute photo and congratulations!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 09:39 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yoga in the Garden of Serenity (Neck & Shoulders practice)

Beth, I really liked the Yin practice I did yesterday. It's one I have done before. It feels good and is relaxing.

Margot, thank you for telling me about Miranda's Season 14 episode. I'm not sure if I'll end up buying Season 14 or not. I already have all of her other seasons.

Pat, welcome to the world, sweet Seamus! What a precious picture. Thank you for sharing that picture with us.
Pat, Kathleen Anderson's Yoga in the Garden of Serenity is on YouTube (the entire practice). You can do the Neck & Shoulders practice starting at 5:59 at the link below. The Neck & Shoulders practice is 10 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5KU...el=DeadAirLive

Sandra, I wouldn't want to assemble furniture either!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 09:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Beth - TOTAL typo! I mean to write grandnephew. Been listening to my niece crying gears of joy all morning about her GS!
Old 09-16-21, 12:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, you are not old enough for a grand-nephew, either - but I guess Sandra has her grand-niece, too.

Sandra, eek on the putting the daybed together! It definitely always takes longer. When we moved to this house, I put together 3 barstools by myself; I look at them now and remember how much work went into that! (As a funny side note, I'm currently reading a book called A Very Nice Box, which features a company that must have been modeled on IKEA.)

I'm off work today, so I did a Zoom class with a local yoga studio that I really like but haven't been to in awhile. It was a 30 minute midday class and was very nice. Sadly, the studio is now online, and I worry that means the will close completely eventually.

Before my workout, I also did this short yoga practice with Olga Kabal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D93i...l=YogawithOlga
It's supposed to be a warm-up for biking, but I think it's a great general warm-up; I also plan to use it as a break at work.

Happy Thursday!

ETA:
Paine, I tried to look up that yin practice, but saw that she has several. Can you tell me which one you did? Here are my search results:
https://www.youtube.com/c/HeartAlche...arch?query=yin

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-16-21, 01:30 PM  
Twigs

Hello all!

It was nice and sunny today, so DH and I travelled to Gloucester and walked for hours around the city. I also managed to get in a bit of shopping therapy too!

Before we left home, I did HealthBarre Intermediate Full Body Sculpt and this evening I wound down with an ETV live class with Ellyn Ochs (a new instructor to me). It was a classic textbook class and pretty relaxing.

Pat - What a happy day! Many congratulations to you and your family. Thanks for sharing your good news with us. Seamus is just adorable.

Paine - I'm not sure yet whether I'll buy Season 14 either. I'll wait to see what some of the other episodes are like first.

Sandra - They always lie about the time it takes to put furniture together! I think you did well to do it in 4 hours. It sounds like quite a workout. Hope you're not suffering from the effects of it today.

Beth - Thank you for the link to the warm-up practice with Olga. The outdoor setting is nice. Her video channel looks like it may be worth exploring. I see some classes that appeal to me already. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hope everyone has a great day.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 02:51 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, this is the Yin practice I did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCv4...helleGoldstein
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 04:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, thanks! I added to my watch list.

Margot, Olga comes from the viniyoga tradition, so her focus is on therapeutic yoga with a lot of dynamic movements. I find the longer routines a bit dry, but I do like her work.

The book sale today was a disappointment. They did have more than usual in the way of DVDs, but in terms of books, they ONLY had fiction. I would have stayed and browsed more, but DH only reads non-fiction, so as soon as he reviewed the few specials they had he was read to leave. There were a number of fitness DVDs but NO organization, so it was hard to find them. I saw quite a bit of Leslie Sansone, a few Yoga Zones, a lot of Jillian Michaels, and a few yoga ones that didn't interest me. I did wind up getting a Gin Miller KB ("Swing Yourself Fit") plus a BOSU 4-in-1 DVD - and no, I don't have a BOSU, but I thought the routines might work with my inflated FIRM disc.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-16-21, 09:12 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: Total Body from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set.

I mostly like how my new daybed looks, but today I saw it is not holding together that well at certain joints. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can put in some additional screws. However, I'm also thinking at some point I'll just replace the daybed with a regular twin bed frame. I'll still be able to use all the bedding, pillows, etc.

Pat58: I peeked at the pic of little Seamus. Congratulations on your grandnephew!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote