Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-25-21, 03:12 PM  
manleym

Hi everyone!

Quick check in. Yesterday I was finally able to do Cathe's Boss Loops Glutes & Core and agree with all of ya'll that this is a great workout! Not super killer tough, but a really nice change of pace and great variety. I used the same color bands as Cathe and felt worked. Before doing BLG&C I did Growing Annanas 30 Min Killer Tabata Hiit Workout - Full Body, No Equipment, No Repeat. I think Cataddict did this one recently, or something similar. It wasn't killer but it is a REALLY good cardio workout. It works well as a short cardio or add on to another workout.

I've loved reading all of your reviews and tips. I'm planning on doing Total Body sometime this week so all of your feedback will come in handy. I like that these workouts are not killer tough and will be great for a recovery, want something different, lighter day.

Cataddict Cathe Live #353 Metabolic Conditioning 2 is a good one! Also, thanks so much for your feedback regarding step instructors. I did alot of step in college, but got away from it for a long time. It's nice to be revisiting it again. BTW, because of your good review, I ordered Sharon T.'s All Body Attack and it's waiting in my mailbox. I found it for a great price on EBay. I might do it today or save it for Fun Friday.

Horusosiris the workouts you created using Blender sound awesome! That would be nice being able to take parts you like from various workouts to create something totally new. Cathe doing mobility moves in the workout reminded me of Tracie Long. She does quite a bit of mobility work and it always feels good.

Kim massages are wonderful! Good hearing you could stand for about an hour with no problem. Hope things continue to progress.

Kittybug I'm also looking forward to using the bands with other workouts. I know Caroline uses bands that are similar to Cathe's so they would probably work really well. I like using bands. Just something different.

Don't think I posted last week's workouts so here they are:
Monday - Travis Eliot Power Yoga “Cross Train” LIVE (LOVED) + Cathe Live #354 Birthday Bash Workout. Such a FUN workout! This one just flew for me and had good variety of moves.
Tuesday - Fun Vinyasa Flow Yoga Class - Five Parks Yoga + Jessica Smith Full Lower Body Exercise Video 40-Minute Legs, Butt, Thighs, Hips Workout. This was TOUGH! Jessica does 4 rounds of same exercises, but the 1st round was just the warmup with no weights. I thought that was a good idea because it helped me get the form down before adding weights. Nice change of pace for a warmup. The 2nd round used 10 lb weights; the 3rd round used 15 lbs (I used 12lbs); and the 4th round dropped back down to 10 lbs, but I used 12 lbs. This is a pretty fast pace workout, stepping on and off the step, so it was definitely metabolic. Jessica used 4 risers and I was able to use 4 as well. There were just a few moves that felt fast using weights so I just used 10 lbs for that move. The move has you stepping off step to the side and then to the back, so heavy weights for me would feel too fast. I was a sweaty mess afterwards!
Wednesday was Kimberly Spreen Absolute Kickboxing kickbox only. Didn't have much time but wanted to do something.
Thursday was Tracie Long Definish Shape + Signature Series Vol 1 Mobility Exercises.
Fun Friday - who else but Christi Taylor, the queen of fun! I did Still Steppin' and had a blast!
Saturday was Yard Max. We spent 2-3 hours cleaning flower beds, etc. so I was tired afterwards. I was hoping to do one of Cathe's new workouts, but just couldn't.
Sunday was Five Parks Yoga Full Body Deep Stretch Basics 60 min Yoga Class, which felt good after Yard Max.

Time got away from me! Gotta run! Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-21, 06:20 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Just have to pop in here really quick and ask Manleym if that Jessica lower body workout is on YouTube? If so, link please! Sounds awesome! I'm revisiting some of my stuff I haven't done in ages and she's on my list along with Tracey Mallet and some others.

Oye, to check in, let's see, Monday was Cathe's Intensity on just the platform (hip still wonky) and yikes, that felt harder than the last time I remember doing it! Tuesday was Ballet Physique Signature Sore, uh, I mean, Sculpt, and today was Cathe's Cardio Kicks because I was in a horrific mood due to a work issue and wanted to take out some aggression, hah hah! It worked!

Hang in there you Watulans, whether you're overworked, burned out, injured, or just rolling along business as usual, and hugs to all!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-21, 07:38 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Just have to pop in here really quick and ask Manleym if that Jessica lower body workout is on YouTube? If so, link please! Sounds awesome! I'm revisiting some of my stuff I haven't done in ages and she's on my list along with Tracey Mallet and some others.
Here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRqBX0_PKU
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-21, 09:59 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Thank you so much!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-21, 08:01 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

Yesterday I did CL #81 Icy Boot Camp. The heat has been getting to me and I anticipated it might be a bit "easier" than some of the other boot camp workouts. Well, maybe it was, but it was still a good workout! I did go a little heavier than Cathe did on a number of moves. Today I did CL #150 Bands and Body Weight Travel workout. My plan is to go through the list of Lives and do the band workouts using the new loops and bands. I used the green fabric loop and it was tougher than the latex loop for sure. The fabric bands worked fine for most of the exercises, although it was a little weird doing the triceps kickbacks. I put the band behind me instead of in front of me and it mostly worked.

Well, DH has finally retired! Today was his last day and they planned a surprise luncheon and gathering for him and invited me as well as many of his former colleagues from over the years. He wasn't expecting anything like that and I could tell he was moved by what they did for him. He's still glad to be retiring, though. As he puts it, there are just too many a$$****** out in public these days.

manleym, I do think we did the same Anna workout. I've learned that the label "killer" isn't really killer to me, nor is a "super sweaty" workout any more sweat inducing than other Anna workouts. But that said, I do enjoy her workouts.

BabyW, waiting to hear your thoughts about the new Cathes!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-21, 11:08 PM  
fanofladyvols

kittybug you crack me up.(.sculpt/sore). I hope your hip gets better!

kate hope your son is doing well with his appointments.

ChelePA still ringing the bell for you. Keep us posted!

lavna yes, they seem to smooth her vocal tones on the DVDs. (I think) So she seems more measured than what I have heard on CL clips. I can see that feeling like a voiceover. If you listen to the workout without music for a little bit, see what you think. Crystal bells for you! Did I miss you being able to put weight on your feet ok?

cataddict congrats on your husband's retirement!! What are your plans?

Kimohh a massage? Wow I never got one..just those tens units. Good for you for getting some relief...I remember how grateful it was to get this moments. Enjoy but don't overdo!

manley you have been busy! You make me miss Tracie.

Alta and horusosiris I enjoyed the Total body bands upper body premix...and the Glutes workout. I love these new bands and my body liked this level of intense.

Thanks Alta for reminding me in your posts about qi gong. The background in the ones I have been doing remind me of my hike!

So Linda recovery plan meant digging in the collection. I had decided to back off any cardio because bruising popped up.I'm a slow healer and have just accepted that's what is best for me. I have been doing BOHO beautiful yoga, qi Gong, pilates and Cathe's new bands workouts. I backed out of any exercise that felt like a strain or impact I wasn't ready to do. Today was CS and Travel fit. There were these ski type moves where you raised slightly and my calf felt okeydoke for the reps so I was relieved.

Although it was the cumulative effect of too much all at once that caused this strain, I still feel like I need to train my calves differently/better. (Been doing research) Everything else with my body was, and has been fine..so that's good confirmation I had the rest of my body ready. And of course, lesson learned...no more moving my daughter twice after climbing a mountain

Healing hugs for all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-21, 10:44 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hi All!

I did receive the Cathe set, but it is still in the box. Things have been hectic/stressful here. Plus, I tweaked my back/hip last week somehow.

I have been reading the assorted reviews with great interest!

Waves and hugs to the Watulan Warriors!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-21, 08:45 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!

Today for CheleFunFriday I did Cathe Live #354 Birthday Bash. What's more fun than a birthday party, after all? Good, not killer workout and I liked looking at the party hats and noisemakers. Plus we have cake from DH's party so we are celebrating Cathe's birthday a month late.

I think the heat is cooking the beans, as we've only gotten a couple in the last few days. We have some new growth on the plants, though, so I'm hoping that they start to produce again once (if?) the heat breaks.

VVFer, take care of that hip! Yikes! So many of us have been dealing with injuries and illness!

{{Hugs}} and waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-21, 10:44 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, hello friends!!! I am back in town.... I'll try to keep this brief. I have to say that not only did I like and chuckle at the sore/sculpt substitution, but I also liked (and could relate to) manleym's Too Tired Max. Wow, lots of injuries or soreness in this group! Sending healing thoughts to all of you.

I got my Cathe package and like you all, I was also very impressed with it! And, I am thrilled that I really liked the loops workout and working with the loops (because in general I don't like band workouts). I will try the glutes with the thick bands tomorrow but the longer preview looks like fun. As I was doing the total body one, it occurred to me that this would have been more of a "set" if she had included a stretch workout with the bands -- or maybe just an extended stretch on the dvds we got. It's pretty clear she was trying to get them done in a hurry since there's not a whole lot of different premix options as she usually has. Don't get me wrong.... I'm very happy with it! but, a long stretch seemed like it would have been an obvious addition.

So, my younger son is deposited at college. He was a bundle of nerves before the move in day and time -- second guessing his decision, not wanting to go, etc. I was pretty sure he would be fine once we got him in, but I am still a bit traumatized by my older son's first (failed) attempt at going away to college (not completely his fault -- in fact, the college refunded the full tuition within fifteen minutes of a phone call to someone higher up -- it was really bad). At any rate, the younger son is doing great and loving things so far! My older son is going to try again on Sept. 1 and he's pretty excited so I am hopeful it will go well for him. Lots of change happening in this household.

I am Too Tired Max..... need to head to bed, but wanted to pop in and say hi.
Old 08-28-21, 07:52 AM  
fanofladyvols

Hiiii, bee! I totally understand your apprehension with your 2nd to school given the history of the first you mentioned. Just remember they ARE different kids. My 2nd always says she learns from the first's mistakes. It's so hard standing by and waiting to see the choices they make (and wishing you could just make them for them,lol!)

cataddict Hugs!

Alta gentle big hugs to you!!

Yesterday was Boho Day#3 yoga and Turbofire HIIT 20. I modified just enough but still tested the waters. Woke up today and feel fine from that..whew!

Drive ahead of me to help my daughter get the things she thinks she needs in her bigger room...sigh.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in