Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-15-21, 05:57 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday Watulans!!

Quick quick check-in as my computer is acting up and I think I have to restore it, UG. Let's see, Friday was Level Up 108 Cardio with Travis, which I just LOVE but holy sweat fest, bat girl!! Saturday was Chore Max and today I tore the wrap off of Tonique Royale and did the entire 90-minutes. Well, again, 'did' is subjective here. That woman killed me!! She's a machine and I feel like a wet noodle right now. I love FN2's 'paws up' phrase but I can't quite lift a paw right now.

Kim, sorry about your hip!! If it's any consolation, I too am still dealing with some weirdness in mine. Healing wishes to all our injured Watulans!

FOLV, been thinking about you and wondering how it went! Do tell!! BIG cowbells for you. I think I heard you yelling from the mountain top...

Bee, those clips are so long because her bigger DVD sets have SO much material. They're literally like 12 or more workouts in the set.

Okay, hugs to Kate and Chele and Nathalie and Manleym and BabyW for each of your struggles right now. Hang in there, crew! Stay fierce, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 07:03 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Nathalie, I hope you feel much better when the staples are out on Monday! What is happening for work for you? Sorry if you mentioned and I missed it but I don't remember. And do you think you will do some of the Caroline Jordan chair workouts to keep a bit of your sanity? Sending you healing hugs!!
I didn't know Caroline Jordan. She has some interesting workouts. She even has some for injured feet! Thanks for the info. I might wait until I see the doctor next week to start working out again though.
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 12:07 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All

Today I received my tracking number for Cathe's new workouts and bands. Now i am excited to try them.
Anyone want to join me in doing a few of the workouts together next week or this weekend?

Hugs to everyone with challenges confronting them -- Lavna, Chel, Kate

Cataddict
- I agree that All Body Attack is fun!

Some of my recent workouts are in my 20 different workouts in 30 days are – CL – Hiit Express (I really enjoyed this workout), Susan Chung- Rapid Fire, Tony Horton One on One, HDM, Lastics, Sufferfest -cycling and running

Kitty and Bee- I have just about all of Linda’s workouts but I always go through periods of time without doing any and then I get in the mood for her and do 10 in a row.

Manelym- yes, my son worked and continues to work with Gabby Thomas. He is really proud of her. She does seem to have a wonderful set of genes. She is also a lovely, humble and polite person. I got to know we occasionally went out to dinner and she would occasionally babysit for them.

Kitty- I have not done any Ballet Physique workouts in over a year. I need to do them more often.

VF- did you try any of your HDM workouts?
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 05:42 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Horusosiris, I'm so jealous you got your tracking already! I have not yet though I did preorder. I am excited too and would love to do them together! I think too this week I'll pull out my other Ballet Physique DVD and do that one.

Nathalie, good plan to see the doc first before working out.

Today I did Cathe's Perfect HIIT, the high then the low plus extended stretch premix. I think FN2 told me this premix seemed easier to handle than the reverse, the low plus high, and she was right! I love, love, love this one! Sweaty red-faced mess without feeling totally wiped, which is good because I'm sore as heck all over from Tonique yesterday.

Happy Monday, Watulans, stay fierce!!

Old 08-16-21, 09:18 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Monday!

Catch up time! Friday I did do Marcus Irwin's Airborne. Fun, fun, fun and not super tough. Saturday was Tony Massenberg's Ignite. Good stuff---it's a great HiiT alternative to Cathe. Sunday was Steven SanSoucie's Sizzle and Chisel. I remembered it as being solid intermediate and it was. That's not a bad thing, I did up my weights to make it more intense. Today was Dana Pieper's Total Body Conditioning. This was more cardio than I expected and longer than I expected (70 minutes including warm up and cool down/stretch). I liked it although I had a bit of an issue with following her cuing during the kickboxing segment since she doesn't mirror cue. I also sometimes get twisted around with the Cathe Live kickboxing too, but since Cathe tends to be less complicated moves.

horusosiris and FN1, I also got a tracking notice. It's supposed to ship on the18th so they must have done my label today awaiting the packaging. Hopefully I will have them by the weekend as it usually takes a couple of days to get packages from Cathe. I'm in for doing one or more of them this weekend assuming I get them!

Kate, wow, what a week! So much going on for you this week and in the weeks to come! I am glad you took the time to check in with us amidst the chaos, and doubly glad your brother is coming for a visit to give you some in person support.

Nathalie, good you are being sensible about not working out until you've seen the doctor.

FN1, yes it was me who said that premix was more doable than the reverse one with the low impact HiiT first. I think this is the one I will stick with as I see no advantage to doing the low impact first if I'm too tired to give the high impact my all.

bee, I definitely am counting my 20! I have 4 to go and I just realized that tomorrow is HairMax so I won't be doing one of the remaining 4 tomorrow. It also looks like Cathe will be one of the 4 so if I have the DVD's by Friday or Saturday it will work out. I still want to try Barlates---maybe as one of the 4. Oh, and I have talked to myself here before when everyone else has been busy!

Kim, take care of that hip! Sending healing vibes your way.

I know she won't see it, but sending PowerVibes to FOLV on her hike.

Waves to BabyW and manleym!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 10:27 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey all. I did not sleep well last night -- too much caffeine for me yesterday (which is basically anything more than zero). Ug! So I'm headed to bed early but wanted to pop in here and say I have been so sore from that Barlates workout! Really just a 30 minute workout but I guess it was different enough from what I normally do that it really got to me -- my upper back and even my legs.

Today I did Bodystrikes 3. I love that workout. I am not sure what to do tomorrow since I am sitting here still feeling sore in my upper body.

Oh, and I will be slow to get the new Cathe's both because I ordered later but mostly because it always seems forever for them to get to California. Can't wait to read the reports!!

Nighty night!
Old 08-17-21, 11:25 AM  
Mickey12

Hi Watulans!

I saw my doctor yesterday and he said I have a pinched nerve in my low back. So, even though I was feeling pain in my hip, it's not my hip at all, but rather my L4 disc in all likelihood. So he put me on a steroid taper which is working wonders already. He recommended ice and stretching for now. I have to call him at the end of the week. I need to ask him what restrictions I need to heed, if any, going forward. I'm eager to exercise, but I don't want this to happen again. Right now I'm thinking short term and just want the pain to be gone, but I'm really hoping this doesn't become a lingering problem. I'm trying not to think about that now.

I love reading all the posts about the workouts. I won't know if I can join in the new Cathe workouts right out of the gate. I'll have to play it by ear.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 08-17-21, 12:14 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Waves to all!

manley - I hope that things calm down for you. I hate it when I find out about things last the last minute!

FoLV - I set the bar low for my yearly goal. I usually end up with 300+ workouts, but one has to allow for possible s**t hitting the fan.

I'm hoping you will post soon about your hike.

nathalie - Healing is such a strange journey. One day is good the next not so much. Here's hoping your better days are more and more.

kittybug
- I own Ballet Physique's Signature Sculpt. LOL, I think I watched it once...

Kate - So much to deal with! I'm glad your brother is coming. (((hugs)))

Kim - I'm glad you got info from the doctor.

bee - "Variety is the Spice of Life" is my go-to rotation.

horusosiris - I haven't done any of my HDM workouts yet. I keep forgetting and doing other stuff.

Waves to cataddict and Chele!

Workouts:

Weds: Olivia Lawson 5,000 Step Calorie-Melting Walk
Thurs: KV Great Weighted Workout Floor Legs
Fri: Lee Holden Qi Gong for Sleep (floor segment)
Sat: 30 minutes of foam rolling and stretching
Sun: Jenny McClendon 45 Minute Walking
Mon: Olivia Lawson 5,000 Steps in 30 Minutes

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-21, 02:31 PM  
manleym

Hi all! Quick check-in. Don't have much time but did want to pop in and say hello.

I pre-ordered Cathe's dvds but haven't received a shipping email yet. Happy for those who have and hoping the rest of us get it soon. It would be fun to do them at the same time, but guess that might be hard since we'll be getting them at different times. Guess we could do them in shifts??

Nathalie, KateTT, Kim, and ChelePA I hope you are all hanging in there. You are all dealing with so much right now. Big hugs to all of you. You are all so fierce and inspiring. Hang in there and let us know how you're doing.

FOLV are you still singing "Climb Every Mountain"? Can't wait to hear how it went.

VVFer funny you did Olivia Lawson because she popped up on my Youtube channel recently. I haven't done any of her workouts but might look at them.

Horusosiris glad to hear CL Hiit Express was good. I'm working my way through the CL I missed due to 20 instructors in 20 days and not working out for a week. Looking forward to doing it. And just so cool that your son knows Gabby Thomas and you've met her.

Kittybug I bought a bunch of Tonique workouts when Mary had a fantastic sale. I have yet to try them cuz they look kinda (or really) scary. Yay for you for getting through some of them! I've heard they can be brutal!

Bee Sorry you didn't sleep well. Hope the caffeine is out of your system and you sleep better tonight. Lack of sleep throws everything off. BTW, Linda/Barlates has great weekly sale prices on her downloads. I was snatching them up a couple of years ago. I was getting them for less than $1.00. Can't beat that!

Cataddict what do you consider "not super tough" for a step workout? Like Cathe step (hardest part is her late cuing) or Patrick G with lots of twists and twirls and turns? Curious about Marcus Irwin...

Yesterday I did Travis Eliot Power Yoga Cross Train Live and Cathe Live #354 Birthday Bash Workout. I loved both workouts! It was the same feeling I have when I just returned home from vacation. Had a great time and glad I went, but happy to be home and sleep in my own bed. I'm definitely feeling the workouts today since I haven't done anything (other than moving and setting up classrooms) in a week. Today I'm thinking about doing Jessica Smith's Full Lower Body Exercise Video 40-Minute Legs, Butt, Thighs, Hips Workout on YT. I read in another thread that it is really good. And I'm going to try a step workout on Friday for Fun Friday. Not sure which one, but something fun! Maybe I need to scour Amazon and EBay for the Marcus workout Cataddict did. LOL! I say that because I've looked for Ballet Physique (Kittybug's doing) and some Jessica dvds. Hopefully Cathe's will come soon to relieve some of my FOMO.

Hugs and waves everyone! Hang in there! We've got this!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-21, 05:13 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym, I was just getting on here to see if I was the only one who hadn't received a shipped notice! Glad I'm not alone. Mine have to come via UPS vs USPS which might have something to do with it. Patience, patience!! Oh, and you're welcome for any and all enabling I might have inadvertently done, Enabler Queen!! BTW, I think Mary is having Tonique on special next week. Not that I'm planning on getting any, cough, cough, ahem, yep, lies lies lies lies.

Kim, I'm so glad you got some insight into your hip (back) and hope it resolves quickly!!

BabyW, you crack me up on 'I watched it once' bwahahahaha!!!

Bee, Linda's stuff is sneaky, sneaky, sneaky, isn't it? I was sore as heck the first few workouts I did of hers.

FN2, now you have me looking at that Dana workout which missed my radar completely. Stop with the enabling, enablers!!!

Today I did Travis' Level Up 108 Strength practice on ID. I think I was sweating as much as I did with the Cardio practice, geez! Good stuff.

Gotta run, way too much work to do. Stay fierce, Watulans!!

Tags
watulan check-in