Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-21, 05:27 AM  
Tugger31

Thanks everyone!!! I knew I could count this forum to come to my rescue!!!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 05:59 AM  
Tugger31

Couple questions...

adawn...do these work if you make the cookies smaller? Or would the cookie size as is fit in this....

I have clear plastic cellophane bags that measure 4" x 4" (not counting the closure flap)? I haven't ordered the bags yet b/c some of the reviews say they rip easily down the seam. Anyone experience this or have a brand of self sealing bags they like? With COVID these have to be individually wrapped and the event is a bit too fancy for ziplocks or cling wrap. They have bigger bags too but I don't them to be too big.
Old 07-27-21, 07:36 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Why ..oh why did I open this thread?!?😩
I opened this thread before going to bed....and literally dreamed about baking cookies Thanks for the good night's sleep VF!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 11:57 AM  
Tugger31

Dreaming about them is calorie-free!
Old 07-27-21, 12:05 PM  
Vantreesta

Yeah...I'm making chocolate chip cookies today.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 12:40 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

This thread...... oh my........

Yum!!!!
Old 07-27-21, 12:42 PM  
fanofladyvols

I really need to try Lori's, adawn's, Sherry's, Jeannine's and Vantreesta's versions.

Maybe we all do??
Yes, I think we all need two cookies apiece..to give each version all the thoughtful consideration necessary.

Then I can decide which recipe really sings to me, "Bake me!!"

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 04:50 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Couple questions...

adawn...do these work if you make the cookies smaller? Or would the cookie size as is fit in this....

I have clear plastic cellophane bags that measure 4" x 4" (not counting the closure flap)? I haven't ordered the bags yet b/c some of the reviews say they rip easily down the seam. Anyone experience this or have a brand of self sealing bags they like? With COVID these have to be individually wrapped and the event is a bit too fancy for ziplocks or cling wrap. They have bigger bags too but I don't them to be too big.
I don't think I've ever actually made the cookies smaller. (We love CCCs around here.) The cookies aren't ginormous though (well, cookie size may be relative, so I should say, they're not ginormous to me). They're just largish. (The one I get at the restaurant I mentioned is what I would consider ginormous.)

They should fit in a 4x4" bag (not including closure). I may make a batch tonight because typing all that out last night got me craving CCCs like crazy.

If I do a batch tonight, would you be interested in me trying to make smaller cookies or just make them as I normally do and measure them and post a pic? (Any excuse to make chocolate chip cookies... )
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 05:19 PM  
Gams

I’m easy to please when it comes to ccc, I guess. I like the recipe on the back of the Nestle chocolate chips and like those chocolate chips, too. I don’t use as many chocolate chips as the recipe calls for because I prefer a balance of sweet and salty and not too much chocolate. And I MUST have walnuts in my cookies.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 05:43 PM  
Tugger31

adawn...you could do both right, make a few smaller??

Tags
chocolate chip cookies, recipe, recipes