Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-21, 08:39 AM  
Erica H.

Unplanned rest days (kind of rambling)

Do you ever just take a rest day because you don't feel like exercising?

I've been a consistent (almost compulsive) exerciser for a very long time. I take off for illness, if we're traveling and I can't exercise, for family things that come up, etc., but otherwise I always do something - even if it's working around an injury or walking while recovering from surgery.

I woke up today at my regular time to start my workout and just said, "Nope. Not today" and went back to bed. I've never done this before.

I've been having weird health issues for a while and haven't had any luck with doctors resolving them. I've been struggling to get through my workouts lately and have been wondering if it's psychological (knowing my bloodwork is all off and using that as an excuse) or if it's truly physical. Same with this morning - I'm fine with taking the day off if my body needs it for physical reasons, but I can't keep doing that if this is all in my head and I'm using the possibility of something being wrong as an excuse. It's not good for me physically or mentally to not exercise. Right now I don't even feel like doing an easy walking workout or exerting any energy at all. During the night, I woke up feeling really dizzy and thought I was going to pass out when I got up to use the bathroom so I was kind of nervous about doing much this morning anyway but expected to at least do a light workout.

I'm having repeat lab work done in two weeks, so I should know then if this is all in my head or if there really is a physical reason for it.

Unfortunately, my appetite has not decreased at all. Darn it. It would be nice if that decreased with my energy levels.

Hope this all made sense.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rest days