Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-19, 06:51 PM  
Leonana
 
Leonana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Laughing! So true, unfortunately.
__________________
Sherry
Leonana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-19, 07:05 PM  
Gams
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I donít get the whole chipmunk cheek thing, either. Is that some kind of implant?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 04:32 PM  
pharma_gal
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Hi all-

Can someone recommend a good gentle exfoliating scrub for the face?

Also looking for some recommendations on shampoo. I have been using Shea Moisture but looking to change things up. Iím looking for something on the natural side without silicones. I color my hair so color protectant would be good. My hair is little curly and not too thick. Itís been falling so it had thinned out through the years. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 05:03 PM  
Gams
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I love, love, love Josie Maranís Argan Exfoliating Powder.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-19, 07:49 AM  
red1013
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Hi all-

Can someone recommend a good gentle exfoliating scrub for the face?

Also looking for some recommendations on shampoo. I have been using Shea Moisture but looking to change things up. Iím looking for something on the natural side without silicones. I color my hair so color protectant would be good. My hair is little curly and not too thick. Itís been falling so it had thinned out through the years. Thanks!
I have UnScrub from Paula's Choice, very gentle. Cetaphil makes a scrub as well. I haven't tried it but my teenage daughter likes it. You could also try mixing a little baking soda with your regular cleanser.

For the shampoo I use Deva Curl.
__________________
~Lori
red1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-19, 01:40 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Hi all-

<snip>

Also looking for some recommendations on shampoo. I have been using Shea Moisture but looking to change things up. I’m looking for something on the natural side without silicones. I color my hair so color protectant would be good. My hair is little curly and not too thick. It’s been falling so it had thinned out through the years. Thanks!
Although I have recommended Alaffia for years, they recently discontinued or reformulated all the products I like so I can't recommend them anymore. However they are a natural type brand so if you are still curious, you could try the Reishi shampoo and conditioner. It looks like the primary difference is they moved the glycerin up to one of the top ingredients.

I am currently trying Desert Essence Coconut shampoo and conditioner and it seems ok, but it smells a little weird and the shampoo is a little drying. The smell goes away after washing so it isnt a problem.

Giovanni is a tried and true natural brand, but check the ingredients as some products have silicones. I think the Smooth as Silk, 50:50 Balanced and Tea Tree are all cone free. I used the Magnetic line for years, but it is hard to find on the ground (i had to buy it online).
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 08:39 AM  
leigh1673
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
I have UnScrub from Paula's Choice, very gentle. Cetaphil makes a scrub as well. I haven't tried it but my teenage daughter likes it. You could also try mixing a little baking soda with your regular cleanser.

For the shampoo I use Deva Curl.
I use DevaCurl too - love it. I alternate between the "No 'Poo" cleansing conditioner and the Low 'Poo." They're super gentle.

I love their One Condition conditioner and Ultra Defining Gel too.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 08:55 AM  
sherry7899
VF Supporter
 
sherry7899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Although I have recommended Alaffia for years, they recently discontinued or reformulated all the products I like so I can't recommend them anymore. However they are a natural type brand so if you are still curious, you could try the Reishi shampoo and conditioner. It looks like the primary difference is they moved the glycerin up to one of the top ingredients.

I am currently trying Desert Essence Coconut shampoo and conditioner and it seems ok, but it smells a little weird and the shampoo is a little drying. The smell goes away after washing so it isnt a problem.

Giovanni is a tried and true natural brand, but check the ingredients as some products have silicones. I think the Smooth as Silk, 50:50 Balanced and Tea Tree are all cone free. I used the Magnetic line for years, but it is hard to find on the ground (i had to buy it online).

Trader Joe's has a knockoff version of Giovanni that I really like.
__________________
"Say you are tired and you will be. Believe you are strong and you are." (Sean O'Malley)

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 11:55 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Trader Joe's has a knockoff version of Giovanni that I really like.
I hated the Trade Joe knock off. Too drying.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-19, 01:48 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter
 
Vintage VFer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
This is a fun slideshow on hairstyle history:

The Trendiest Hairstyle the Year You Were Born

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/bea...s-of-all-time/

__________________
Goal:250 / Done:270

ďThe untold want, by life and land ne'er granted,
Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.Ē
- Walt Whitman
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2019, clothes, clothing, hair, makeup, skin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness