Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-30-21, 09:37 AM  
jenhitt

Live YouTube workouts

The the past few months I’ve been doing almost exclusively YouTube workouts with Sydney and Caroline, but wanted something different today. I found the channel cdornerfitness and she was working out live and people were commenting in real time and she was responding to them. It almost felt like a real class. I’ve felt so isolated lately, with no in-person classes, and this sort of filled that gap. Are there more of these that you guys know of? I really liked not feeling alone in my basement today.
jenhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 09:52 AM  
Erica H.

I think Jari Love's channel has live workouts. I subscribe to cdornerfitness, but haven't done any of her live workouts yet. I like her workouts, but she's too chatty for me! I know of some live spinning instructors if you're interested. I'll add to this as I think of more because I know there are more that I follow.

ETA - I don't think the Jari Love workouts are interactive (if they are even live) like cdornerfitness ones are.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 11:02 AM  
jenhitt

Thanks Erica!

I do have a spin bike, so would be interested in the spin instructors. I’ll check out Jari Love. I have a bunch of her DVDs, but haven’t used them in awhile.
Old 01-30-21, 11:14 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Jenn, I discovered cdornerfitness very early in the pandemic, and I was so grateful because it made me feel less alone and isolated. I rarely get to work out live with her during the week, but I try to do the Saturday morning step as much as I can. I once commented before the workout started, and she called out my name to welcome me. I think I was grinning the whole workout. (What can I say, I grew up on Romper Room).

Another instructor doing live workouts with some interaction on YouTube is Lethal Leslie. She does not interact as much as cdorner, because once the workout gets going, she is focused on teaching, but she will interact at the beginning.

The only other live workout I can think of with interactions is Fit Outside The Box. She also does step workouts on Saturday mornings, and unfortunately, the time overlaps with cdorner. She can't really interact during the body of the step workout, but does read and respond to the comments at the start while she is getting set up.

Jenny Ford was providing live YouTube workouts at the beginning of the pandemic, but understandably had other issues that prevented her from continuing. I would love to see her start again, once she is ready.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 12:29 PM  
jenhitt

Thanks, Paula!

I’ll check out these suggestions too. You described my reaction to cdorner exactly.
Old 01-30-21, 12:32 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhitt View Post
Thanks Erica!

I do have a spin bike, so would be interested in the spin instructors. I’ll check out Jari Love. I have a bunch of her DVDs, but haven’t used them in awhile.
I just checked and there is a chat box when the Jari workouts are live.

Kaleigh Cohen Fitness does live spin workouts that look fantastic (I haven't done any yet).

I don't know if the other spin instructors have live classes, but I will post if I see any.

Erica
Old 01-30-21, 03:29 PM  
Erica H.

AngieFitnessTV also has live classes.

Erica
Old 02-01-21, 02:52 PM  
Erica H.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw_7a6c6QKk more live spin classes (I haven't tried, but they were recommended).

Erica

Tags
live youtube, youtube, youtube channels, youtube live