Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-15, 08:55 PM  
isebelleg44

Revisiting Cathe's Party Rockin Step #2

I haven't done this in while, since I never reach for straight step anymore. I pulled it out today, cause I was looking for something different for cardio. Note to self, I really need to get a new spin bike pronto and rejoin SSOD.

I had a blast and it was fun to use a my brain a little since I never do workouts with any choreography anymore. It isn't too high in impact, so it was perfect for me today as I have been doing too much impact lately. Must get spin bike!

Maybe I will reach for Party Rockin Step #1 soon!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 09:03 PM  
bubbles76

Yes, these are quite fun!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 09:05 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Yes, these are quite fun!
Yes that is exactly what it was, fun!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Old 07-14-15, 09:10 PM  
bubbles76

I'm so sad that step seems to have fallen out of favor. Although I do like HIIT, some dance, etc., step will always be my bestie.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 09:14 PM  
isebelleg44

I do feel for Vfers that love workouts with choreography, as those have definitely fallen out of favor. Cathe is the only choreography I can handle anymore. I used to get really frustrated with Amy Bento's step workouts, but could handle most of Christi Taylor's stuff. Maybe not these days, as I no longer have the patience!

Old 07-15-15, 07:29 AM  
Indy

I'm another one who loves choreography and a little more complexity to my cardio workouts. It is way more fun to think through a workout than to watch the clock. I have quite a low threshold trying to perform boring mind numbing cardio. I also don't want to jump so much anymore. Love step - used to be a massive hi lo fan - but haven't done that in awhile. I'm also sad those types of workouts have fallen out of favor.

Not a fan of either party rocking step workouts - but I'm willing to give them both another chance.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 08:06 AM  
owltx

I am a big lover of step, and love both the Party Rockin' Step workouts - there are also some great premixes on these that combine the two as well, which can be some serious fun.

I do find it sad that they are falling out of favor. I really hope one of Seasun Zieger's new workout will still be step.

It is interesting to me, because I also enjoy drills, hiits, etc and like to do all for variety. But for the most part nothing can really get my heart rate up like a step sweatfest.

Cathe is outstanding in these - fun, energetic, great cuing. They just really have great energy and I always feel great after completion.

-Stephanie
owltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 08:46 AM  
Sharaz

I don't own Party Rocking step, but I am a big fan of step workouts. I like choreography and the focus needed while doing step workouts. I remember stepping 2 times a week in 2000 when I finished college and enrolled in a local gym. Fell in love immediately! I also enjoy HIIT drills very much.

I use Step and dance for fun steady cardio days. I also appreciate my cardio dvd's because when it comes to cardio I need extra push lol
Old 07-15-15, 10:03 AM  
jenn38

PRS 1&2 are both a lot of fun. I wish Cathe would of put them on one DVD instead of two. Her live step classes are fun to.

I'm hoping Seasun releases new step workouts. She is a fun stepper. I just want them complicated enough where you have to think but not complicated enough you can't do them or easily modify.

Amy Bento's Step Challenge 5 was way to complicated IMO.
Old 07-15-15, 10:21 AM  
mtnmom

I'm sad step has gone out of favor as well. I like ones where you have to really concentrate to get the moves, but can do 90% of them on the first try. Most of Cathe's step workouts fit that.

I think the big demise was when CIA no longer did their annual series. Lots of step instructors were able to do VHS/DVD that they couldn't have on their own.

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, party rockin step