Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-13, 08:48 PM  
laurajhawk

Erich is lovely. When I want to just feel wonderful, I either do his Backyard Beginners, or Tilak Pyle's Altar of the Heart. And Tilak studied with Erich (so did Sarah Ivanhoe - you can see the influence on her Yoga on the Edge DVD).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 03:26 AM  
cindylm

Ultimate Yogi

I am interested in trying APY60 or Blissology also.

UY is great but the length of the DVD's sometimes prevents me from getting in a yoga workout
cindylm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 06:44 AM  
Mickey12

LOVE Ultimate Yogi and LOVE Travis!!!
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 07:32 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
LOVE Ultimate Yogi and LOVE Travis!!!
I told you I was the only one. I don't like Bryan Kest either so I should have known as Travis reminds me of him.

The workouts themselves are great!
Old 04-17-13, 08:24 AM  
zippity

Erich Schiffman is a true yogi; love his cat, too. Backyard Series is lovely.
Old 04-17-13, 08:42 AM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I absolutely cannot pick one. What is my favorite changes. What I can say is it is NOT Ultimate Yogi. I think I am the only VFer driven so nuts by Travis that I can't do any of the workouts.
I got Yoga Foundations with Travis and, while I like it, I'm also glad I got it before getting Ultimate Yogi because I don't think I could handle doing yoga with him all the time. Mostly my reasons are dumb, but they are my reasons.

1. Something about his voice reminds me of a less-exaggerated version of the character Benicio Del Toro plays on the Usual Suspects. I can't not hear it, and it's really distracting to me. Dumb, I know.
2. He repeatedly misuses the word "literally" which is a huge pet peeve of mine (I can't remember the specific examples, but it's stuff like "literally breathe out of the top of your head" or "literally relax until you melt into the floor" - you are FIGURATIVELY doing those things, because they are LITERALLY physically impossible). But I'm a wacko when it comes to correct grammar, and obviously not many people share this affliction.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 09:21 AM  
Vee

Add me to the Ultimate Yogi / Travis Eliot camp.

I am fickle, so I can't be sure how long this will last. I was so enamoured with Janet Stone until Travis and his UY came along.

I still enjoy my old favorite yoga-today,Erich Schiffman and other dearly beloved yoga DVDs. Even if I were to stop being so UY-enthralled when the next fascinating yoga comes along, I think Travis is likely to join this set of all time favorites.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 10:21 AM  
AnMrsDe

LOL Eibhinn! Too funny!

While I am presently loving UY, I'm still not sure Tilak's Altar of the Heart can be topped. Something about the progression, along with the music, along with Tilak's demeanor (and lovely voice), along with the way it truly stretches me out...is just pure bliss for me. I so wish he would come out with more dvd's.

A close second would be Shiva's Daily Energy - her Shanti practice. Nothing stretches out my hips as good....and it just feels heavenly, but I have to tune out most of her "yoga-speak" to feel the bliss.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 12:02 PM  
MamaBecca

Never mind -- wrong movie.

CLX, TF, Skogg, RKS grad
STS Grad 2012
Les Mills Pump Grad 2013
Les Mills Combat Grad 2013
BeSLAM Grad 2013
Current rotation: Molly Galbraith GGS, Walking
MamaBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 10:14 PM  
Loleen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I got Yoga Foundations with Travis and, while I like it, I'm also glad I got it before getting Ultimate Yogi because I don't think I could handle doing yoga with him all the time. Mostly my reasons are dumb, but they are my reasons.

1. Something about his voice reminds me of a less-exaggerated version of the character Benicio Del Toro plays on the Usual Suspects. I can't not hear it, and it's really distracting to me. Dumb, I know.
2. He repeatedly misuses the word "literally" which is a huge pet peeve of mine (I can't remember the specific examples, but it's stuff like "literally breathe out of the top of your head" or "literally relax until you melt into the floor" - you are FIGURATIVELY doing those things, because they are LITERALLY physically impossible). But I'm a wacko when it comes to correct grammar, and obviously not many people share this affliction.
The misuse of literally is my big critique as well. It has taken me a long time to not get irked by it.

That being said, I do love UY!
Loleen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
erich schiffmann, yoga