Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-13, 03:54 PM  
Yelly

Mark Laham Power Yoga

So, today was the first time I tried this DVD. I selected the beginners warmup (there's also an advanced warm up). This was a wonderful warmup that begins in child's pose, and advances gently. It is also an excellent refresher on alignment, or beginners could use only the warmup (it's 20 min) as a teaching aid to learn with. For the main workout, you have the choice between a hip-opening practice, or a practice for your core. I chose the core. This is not a fast paced practice. Mark calmly and gently moves you from pose to pose with his absolutely hypnotic voice. He has a true gift as a yoga teacher, and I would buy anything he puts out. I wasn't sweating buckets by the end, but I did sweat somewhat. I loved his pace, because with poses like crow and wheel, he actually gives you time to master them, which I greatly appreciate since I'm still learning them. I can't wait to try the hip-opening practice!

If I have one complaint, it would be that the last savasana wasn't long enough. I didn't notice the music, so can't help you out there. He does have a few downdogs for people who don't like them. There were sun salutations, but they were almost meditative because he really took his time. I really hope Mark puts out more dvds, and my wish would be that he would film one with him doing the practice. So far, I'm very happy I got this one
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mark laham, yoga