Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-08-13, 04:22 PM  
Shelbyfit

Any reviews of 4X4X2?

Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone had tried Paul Katami's newest and, if so, what did you think? The workout looks right up my alley, but I wanted to get others' opinions before taking the plunge.

Thanks!
~Amy
Shelbyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 04:45 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I checked this one out this morning, actually! I didn't do the whole thing, just the first 25 minutes or so to get a feel for the workout (I had already done my HoCo workout for the day and had a little extra time).

This workout has some really cool variations on plank and body weight exercises...which is right up my alley! Obviously having done Horizontal Conditioning, I love those kinds of moves that involve the core. There was this move which I just loved where he goes from a swimmer move on your belly (like the pilates swimmer move) and then has you sort of jump up like you would onto a surf board, and then back. I totally felt like a surfer! LOL There was some high impact, but I didn't have to modify the cardio/impact as much as I thought. Of course, that's only 25 minutes in...those infamous tuck jumps that come later on in the workout will definitely be modified somehow! lol I think that clip at Collage made it seem more extreme with the high impact than it actually is, though.

The only thing that bugged me about the workout was the seriously inadequate warm up. I looked at the timer on my dvd player and sure enough, he puts in high impact right around the 1 minute mark (in the dang WARM UP!), and the warm up is supposedly complete at 2:17. Being the 40 year old I am...I'm going to do my own thorough warm up before starting this workout next time.
Old 01-08-13, 04:49 PM  
Shelbyfit

Thanks, eyefit!

I like how Paul seems to have put a slightly different spin on some frequently seen moves (burpees, tucks, etc.). Also, thanks for the heads-up on the lack of a warm-up...sounds like it could be dangerous without an adequate one before the high impact.

Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will want to trade this...
Shelbyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 11:46 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Okay, I just did the last half of this workout and it is awesome! Very very core intensive! I'd say at least 80% of this workout involved working the core in some fashion, even the cardio. The impact was seriously not as bad as the Collage clip made it look. I was able to do all the impact moves just fine and the tuck jump fest (which was only in one block) translated extremely well to the rebounder.

This workout will be perfect for any former or current HoCo junkies! The core work in this one made me grateful for the strong core Sandra gave me!