Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-12, 06:25 PM  
fitgirl-atx

A Vidiot's Dream Come True...But...

Now I'm scared to death!

A few weeks ago, I was selected to be a cast member in a new set of DVDs that are being sponsored by the American Heart Association! I've been dreaming of this ever sine I was 19 years old and purchased my first workout vhs tapes (Firm Cross Trainers), basically for my entire "fit" adulthood. I agreed to participate even though I've been struggling with health issues and unwanted weight gain. I agreed to do it anyway because I thought that in the big picture, maybe I could be a source of inspiration to others who may be going through similar challenges, that you can still be healthy and keep your heart strong.

Well, this week we are filming, and I'm getting a little freaked out. I'm so nervous that I'm going to appear massive on film. I recently attended my brothers wedding, and the photos came back. I really did not like what I saw. I was ashamed and embarrassed. I keep trying to pump myself up and hold my head up high. I keep putting a shield around my heart saying that those who judge me know absolutely nothing about my journey. The instructor thinks that I'm "perfect as I am," and he keeps telling me that I was born to do this. It's his project, so if he's happy, then that makes me feel better. I have lost 20 pounds during our 5-week rehearsal process, so I'm making progress. I still have about 35 more to go before I feel somewhat normal again.

Anyway, just thought I'd seek out some words of encouragement from my vidiot friends.

Wish me luck people!!! I am sooooo looking forward to being able to add a disclaimer to my signature line - lol.

Laugh Often. Love Unconditionally. Live Beautifully.
DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos. I have also appeared as a cast member in a fitness DVD series. For details, please see my profile.
fitgirl-atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 06:33 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Wow, that's so exciting! I really hope you are able to set aside any insecurities and really enjoy the filming process. The fact that you have lost 20 lbs. in 5 weeks is really something to be proud of.

So, please, have fun! That instructor sounds like good people to me.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 06:36 PM  
PeakFitness

Don't let those negative thoughts ruin your dream come true! Congrats, and have fun, enjoy it, and you'll do fabulous!
Old 11-12-12, 06:39 PM  
SpiritSong

Good luck and good for you realizing a dream!!
Old 11-12-12, 06:42 PM  
KellyMarie65

Enjoy! and congrats on the weight loss!
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 06:59 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Wowowow, fitgirl, such an exciting opportunity!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl-atx View Post
The instructor thinks that I'm "perfect as I am," and he keeps telling me that I was born to do this.
I'm sure you are and I'm sure you were. The instructor knows best!
Quote:
I have lost 20 pounds during our 5-week rehearsal process, so I'm making progress.
Yikes - 20 lbs in 5 weeks!! Congratulations and I wanna get this program too.
HAVE A GREAT TIME!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 07:07 PM  
Fitstick

Wow, you are so brave!! It takes a lot of guts to realize your dream - so move forward and keep holding your head up high!! Please let us know how it goes!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 07:53 PM  
Rynsha77

That is so awesome! I'm sure the instructor is right and you are fine just as you are. You will have to tell us when the program comes out so we can all get it. I would love to lose 20 lbs in 5 weeks!
Old 11-12-12, 08:10 PM  
amery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynsha77 View Post
That is so awesome! I'm sure the instructor is right and you are fine just as you are. You will have to tell us when the program comes out so we can all get it. I would love to lose 20 lbs in 5 weeks!
+1......congratulations!
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 08:10 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Fit-girl. Now you know your act is together . Myou have been working out long and hard in the past and now ... Now it's your time. You didnot know how God was going to use your teaching abilities so here it is. Thank you for stepping up to the plate, I know you are going to do fabulous. It will be great to not see a toothpick because I know you aren't. You are toned and beautiful.
Now get out there and represent that gorgeous body of yours. You may have thought you were too big but I'm sure you had someone's mouth drueling over you.

Love ya.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote