Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-12, 10:54 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Dream Body
Old 04-15-12, 11:07 AM  
olala

This workout kicked my butt. I used only 2 lb dumbbells and was wiped out after 40 minutes of workout.
I love everything about this DVD, even pops are OK. Music is very similar to Primetime From The Ground Up, the same tunes. This is young, fresh looking, advanced, fast paced workout.
My only complaint - Darby's NON STOP talking, 65 minutes of fast talking is irritating.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 11:51 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

does this workout have a cardio effect??

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 12:17 PM  
vigirl

can this workout be easily split into 2 parts as darby says? 30min one day, 30 the next day? i don't have a full hr+ to workout.

thanks!
vigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 12:39 PM  
olala

Quote:
can this workout be easily split into 2 parts as darby says? 30min one day, 30 the next day? i don't have a full hr+ to workout
I was thinking of this too.
Darby starts with leg exercises and then moves to the mat for abs. (I think at 24 min starts mat), and around 38 min. she starts leg/cardio again (plyos/jumps with weights).
I wish there were a premixes. Her abs exercises are unique and I have to modify.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 01:39 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
does this workout have a cardio effect??
Absolutely. I was gasping for air with this more than with the TF workouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigirl View Post
can this workout be easily split into 2 parts as darby says? 30min one day, 30 the next day? i don't have a full hr+ to workout.

thanks!
Probably, although I didn't pay that much attention. I don't have an hour a day, but I can make it work twice a week and that is my goal. I'm confidant that by using this twice/week my abs will finally start to shape up.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 01:55 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Is this lunge-crazy? Especially rapid and/or power lunges?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 02:05 PM  
scrappindad
VF Supporter

Ali, I personally wouldn't classify this is a barre workout but it also doesn't feel like Tonique at all. It's a real fusion of styles. I just did Tonique today and they each have their own "spent" feel to them. Tonique leaves me a sweaty mess but I'm able to do it. I might miss a rep or two here and there but I don't have to pause the workout and with the small breaks built in, it's doable. Dream Body goes nonstop and although I wasn't as big of a sweaty mess when I was done, I found it more challenging and had to pause the DVD player several times. (Maybe I wasn't as sweaty because I had to pause so much. lol ) Dream Body uses the core pretty heavily thoughout the workout and that's a weak area for me. Interestly for me, I found the Tonique voiceover gal more annoying than nonstop talking Darby.

Jeanne, I don't have TBT but I'm going to pick it up at the libary tomorrow so I can do it this week and let you know. Just looking at the preview of it at totalfitness, I don't think they will be similar but I'll do it and let you know, unless someone else answers your question.

Gina, it's not lunge crazy at all. Right off hand the only lung sequence I can think of is a lateral lunge up to a hop on the opposite leg.

HTH,
Debbie
scrappindad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 02:17 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappindad View Post
Ali, I personally wouldn't classify this is a barre workout but it also doesn't feel like Tonique at all. It's a real fusion of styles. I just did Tonique today and they each have their own "spent" feel to them. Tonique leaves me a sweaty mess but I'm able to do it. I might miss a rep or two here and there but I don't have to pause the workout and with the small breaks built in, it's doable. Dream Body goes nonstop and although I wasn't as big of a sweaty mess when I was done, I found it more challenging and had to pause the DVD player several times. (Maybe I wasn't as sweaty because I had to pause so much. lol ) Dream Body uses the core pretty heavily thoughout the workout and that's a weak area for me. Interestly for me, I found the Tonique voiceover gal more annoying than nonstop talking Darby.
Thanks so much for this response! I feel the same as you about Tonique, it is tough but I can do everything in it - though I do fall slightly behind occasionally. I am very interested in this - it sounds like nothing I have done before - and if you consider it tougher than Tonique, well - I have to try it. It is officially on the wish list. So many workouts, so little time . . thanks again for the response!
Old 04-15-12, 02:19 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappindad View Post
Gina, it's not lunge crazy at all. Right off hand the only lung sequence I can think of is a lateral lunge up to a hop on the opposite leg.
Aha, Thanks Debbie! That's what I needed to know and wanted to hear. I know this workout would be crazy-hard for me and my abs are currently like sludge but something is beckoning me to give it a try. I'd go much more slowly and do it in stages, little by little. Production negatives aside, I'm fascinated by its intense live-class vibe but wouldn't dare to show up to take a class like this in person. I guess I'm saying this looks without a doubt like a "results guaranteed" kind of workout.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body fusion