Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-12, 08:41 PM  
Whimzee

KCM TLC feedback please

I know this is a Kelly favorite. I'm tempted to buy it but:

1. How complicated are the moves? I don't seem to have the patience for complex choreography.

2. Does she move at a moderate pace or a fast one? Billy B. speed drives me crazy.

3. Does anyone not like it - and if so, why?

Thanks for the feedback!
Whimzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 10:00 PM  
amery

1. Moves are very straightforward. Not complicated at all.
2. She moves at a nice moderate speed which really allows me to put good effort into each move.
3. Cannot help you here. I love it!
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 10:46 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

This is a great workout! I don't like anything too complex, too choreographed (and this is very easy to follow!) You'll be just fine, and the pace is just right! It's also one of my favorites! Kelly at her best here!

Pam

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 11:02 PM  
Eibhinn

I couldn't follow Kelly's kickboxing video because the choreo was too complex for me - that is not the case with TLC. Likewise, I used to train in a martial art, so I get really annoyed by kickboxing and martial arts videos where the pace is too fast to maintain proper form, that is not the case here either. I really love TLC. The only thing I would caution you is that there is one sequence at the end where you build up a sequence of a number of punches - can't remember how many - maybe 8 or 10. I can never get through that without screwing up a few times, but the combo is built up progressively, so it's only slight screw-ups and I can't handle anything too difficult. But if you're someone who gets super annoyed by missing any moves (I usually am) that sequence might annoy you a little. Even with that caveat, I love love love TLC. But I usually enjoy boxing more than kickboxing, so bear that in mind.

There are people who didn't like it, I remember. Search for the earliest threads on it and you should find their opinions. You're more likely to get TLC lovers responding to this thread.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 11:06 PM  
juberann

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT No worries, moves are straightforward and simple to learn, fast paced and SO much fun I avoid complicated choreography at all costs and there is none in this one at all. The punch combos are easy to learn but,like I said, very fast paced (that is the only thing that might take a try or two to learn). Great music, Kelly's cuing is excellent, Lauren is there to modify. Seriously, this is probably my all time favorite workout E V E R
Old 04-04-12, 07:24 AM  
workoutjunkie

Just chiming in in case the other ladies haven't convinced you yet. They convinced me to get it. I'm glad they did - I love it! Not too complicated, not too fast, just fun!
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 07:31 AM  
Cateyes

I would say, go for it.
TLC is one of my favorite workouts. I use it more than any other workout I own. Kelly start the moves slow and then she picks up the speed to a good pace. You won't be dissapointed.
Cateyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 12:01 PM  
caligurl

whimzee.... have you seen the video preview?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnMf6...8&feature=plcp

i've got to echo all the love for this video... it's one of my most favorite kelly's!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 12:30 PM  
CharM

I don't click with Kelly's step-boxing, cardio kick/step-boxing, or her 30MTF kickboxing because she moved quickly and to me, the moves didn't flow well. And like a dummy, I keep trying them! ha! BUT, I'm glad I did with TLC. I wasn't as confused as normal. I was able to keep up, and if you throw on some weighted gloves, you'll really feel it. The second workout consists of easy to follow drills. Surprisingly, I also love her 30MTF Step Boxing. There were two moves that totally confused me at first, but once I got it, I had fun with the workout each time I did it.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 05:04 PM  
katalina

I'm another one who absolutely loves TLC!! This has become my go-to workout! Love it!!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, tlc, train like a contender