Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-11, 01:16 PM  
slysam

Bzar, BBL just has one dance cardio workout and the rest are toning workouts. Doesn't Zumba have mainly dance cardio workouts with a toning workout? I've taken Zumba live clases but do not have the dvds that is just what I understand. I don't know whether the toning is as focused on the glutes. But the two sometimes appeal to the same people but they don't seem that much a like other than the Latin music. But I could be wrong, I did feel my Zumba class in hy hips, butt and thighs (especially when we did a little "toning" at the end.)
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 01:36 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
I need something to inspire me and thought BBL might be enough fun to get me excited about a new rotation. I walk several miles a day with my dogs and would alternate BBL with Ballet Body or other barre workouts, especially for UB.

I actually bought BBL when it first came out, did BumBum, and couldn't sell it fast enough. But I'm willing to give it another try. But is this set a "one time" deal that you're glad you did a rotation ONCE and don't plan on doing it again? Are there workouts in it that you reach for fairly often cuz you like them so much?

I don't want to buy the set, do one rotation and never push play again.
I can't seem to find a spot for them in my non-BBL workout weeks, but I do a four-week BBL rotation (sometimes modified, with other workouts added in as supplements or replacements) every few months.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-11, 06:53 AM  
spufflez

I've *finally* seen the commercial for this over the weekend, now want to get it! Are people still enjoying the Brazil Butt Lift series? Seen results?
spufflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-11, 07:32 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spufflez View Post
I've *finally* seen the commercial for this over the weekend, now want to get it! Are people still enjoying the Brazil Butt Lift series? Seen results?
They're still showing the informercial for the first set? I was hoping they'd be releasing BBL2 by now .
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-11, 07:35 AM  
spufflez

Yes, they had it on several times on Saturday. I like the look of some of the workouts. How's the music in these? How do you like the workouts?
Old 04-25-11, 08:14 AM  
trixie108

I actually saw BBL in Half Price Books for $20 this weekend. I have the set, but it's packed away somewhere, since we moved in January. I *almost* bought it, thinking that I could trade it away once I found my other set...hmmm I wonder if it's still there?
Old 04-25-11, 08:19 AM  
spufflez

well if you decide to get it, let me know...I don't have a chance to visit any bookstore today. (at work right now)
Old 04-25-11, 08:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I've never done a rotation, but I do enjoy BumBum and the shorter BumBum (forget what it's called) as an add-on with other workouts. I find the workouts fun and effective.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-11, 10:22 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Early last year, I did an informal rotation of BBL and 10 Days to a Better Body for a few months. I really like Leandro. He cues fairly well. (And if you have trouble with his accent, there are subtitles.) The one-legged moves are great for balance!

My booty stayed about the same - as flat as my chest, LOL!

I did notice a marked reduction in my midsection. I still do H&T sometimes, but am on the injury wagon that precludes squats and lunges for a while.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-11, 10:32 AM  
spufflez

Sounding better & better to me. Mine is the opposite problem...maybe a little too much shape. But I understand that there's a different rotation to reduce, verses lifting, vs. adding some shape, etc. And it does look fun.

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, leandro