Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-11, 08:34 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Has anyone used Brazil Butt Lift long term?

I need something to inspire me and thought BBL might be enough fun to get me excited about a new rotation. I walk several miles a day with my dogs and would alternate BBL with Ballet Body or other barre workouts, especially for UB.

I actually bought BBL when it first came out, did BumBum, and couldn't sell it fast enough. But I'm willing to give it another try. But is this set a "one time" deal that you're glad you did a rotation ONCE and don't plan on doing it again? Are there workouts in it that you reach for fairly often cuz you like them so much?

I don't want to buy the set, do one rotation and never push play again.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 08:48 PM  
gigi

Lexy, if you send me a SASE, I will gladly let you give it a go for a full rotation. I used it once, loved it, and plan on going back to it but have yet to do so. I did the same thing with CLX...boo. I plan on keeping them though. Give BBL a chance to get past the cheesiness. I think the set is deceptively tough in a very doable way. Please feel free to p.m. me if you want to give them a try before purchasing. I'm doing Supreme 90 right now and won't miss BBL at all. You can have them as long as you need.
Old 04-04-11, 08:59 PM  
zumzum

I've been on a love fest with p57 lately, but High and Tight and Bum Bum have a permanent place in my dvd collection and I'm planning on working them back in soon. I'm not crazy about the music, and have found I'm much happier with the "low" music setting. What was it that you didn't like about it the first time around? I'd probably prefer a different production style if I had my druthers, but H&T and BB are pretty kick butt when it comes to working the rear from all angles.

Ummm, I just realize I may have made a rather bad pun. Totally accidental! My subconscious has been on a tear with bad puns lately.
zumzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 09:35 PM  
MARIKA

I still use H&T once a week. I don't think there is a better lowerbod workout. This set really changed my lowerhalf. i wish there were more of these.
Old 04-04-11, 10:11 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Gigi! I'll give you a ringy-dingy shortly. Thank you so much for the offer!

Zumzum, Gigi hit it on the head - cheesiness. And I didn't think Leandro was as adorable as everyone else seemed to think. But it's a different moment and I feel I can be open to giving it another try. It was definitely a happy feeling workout!
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 04:30 AM  
akaAnnie

I wish they'd used a few older folks as background exercisers. By older I mean mean 25 or 30-I've got underwear older than those sweet young things!
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 07:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaAnnie View Post
I wish they'd used a few older folks as background exercisers. By older I mean mean 25 or 30-I've got underwear older than those sweet young things!
LOL. I hear ya. I always thought they could have a used a couple of backgrounders a teeny bit older too. Not, god forbid, over 40 or anything crazy like that but a tad older.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 08:09 AM  
hotncmom

Isn't the dark haired woman with short, spiky hair a bit older? She looks like she is in her 30's to me. One thing I like about BBL is that the models/backgrounders have realistic looking bodies. They're not impossibly thin, and they have some meat on their bones.

To the OP, I got BBL last summer and I am still using H&T and Bum Bum. They are great lower body workouts. Of course, I do other workouts as well, but I try to fit BBL in as often as I can.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 08:25 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Isn't the dark haired woman with short, spiky hair a bit older? She looks like she is in her 30's to me.
I know you meant older than the other exercisers in the workout, but this made me smile.
I'm 52, soon to be 53, and 30's just doesn't seem 'older' any more.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 08:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavtx View Post
I know you meant older than the other exercisers in the workout, but this made me smile.
I'm 52, soon to be 53, and 30's just doesn't seem 'older' any more.
Haha. Yes. I was totally joking in my post above, just trying to be humorous. I am pushing 54, and even people in their 40's look young to me. (Again, going for humor here ).

Sorry to have gotten a little OT. I have never done a complete BBL rotation, just not a rotation type, but I do like to fit in different segments of BumBum every couple of weeks or so. I would really like to try use the whole set for several weeks, maybe just throwing in some barre here and there. I think it would be fun.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, leandro