Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-10, 07:45 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Brazil Butt Lift....how is yours?

I recall all the raves about BBL when it first came out. Some have raved how great and effective this set was.

So, I'm curious....did you get a "Brazil butt" from doing these dvds, and has this set given you better/different results than all other good, cardio-strength dvds would - if done consistently? Are you still doing BBL or have you moved on?
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 10:05 AM  
Kesal

I was late to the BBL party, and I did a 4 week rotation last month. It has taken a spot among my favorite dvds. Leandro is adorable. The workouts were challenging in a fun way, and they made my hips feel great. I did not do a strict BBL rotation; I did BBL workouts 3-4 times a week, went running, walking or did T-Tapp 2-3 days a week.

Here is what I wrote in my journal on the last day of my rotation:
Quote:
Since I'm ending my month of BBL, I remeasured this morning. I'm really impressed that I got tangible results. That never happens for me without changing my eating habits. I was not at all careful about food this month. In fact, I weigh three or four pounds more than I did last time I weighed myself, which makes the fact that my measurements changed even more amazing to me.

Waist @ bellybutton
Start ~ 29
End ~ 28.5
Change ~ -0.5
Natural waist
Start 27.25
End 27
Change -0.75
Hips
Start 36
End 36
Change 0.0
Thighs
Start 21.5
End 21.25
Change -.25

I'll also note that although my hip/butt measurement did not change numerically, I now pass the "pencil test". I failed before BBL, so I must be a little "higher and tighter" than I was before. All in all, BBL was a success for me. In addition to being effective, I really enjoyed it. I could see continuing to do BBL for a while, but I am going to switch it up before I get bored this time. I'm sure I'll be doing BBL again.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 10:15 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I think it did make a difference in my "rear view" because my husband commented at the time. That was without doing the full rotation -- I was using it with Tonique, as I recall. I keep saying I should do BB and H&T once a week, but I never seem to get to it as there are so many other things I want to do. Maybe this will get me doing it again.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 10:24 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I almost finished the 4 week rotation (3 days shy, IIRC) but didn't see any changes. I hadn't been working out before that, so I had hoped to see some kind of improvement.

In another thread, Jenilu posted this link from Self that may explain why. According to them, I would need plyo work and/or heavy weights to see changes there because of my particular shape. (so far, knowing that information hasn't translated into ACTING upon it.)
Old 11-08-10, 03:28 PM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

Yes, I got great results from it and am getting ready to do a BM/Dancer's Body + BBL rotation next week.

"You must do what you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 04:03 PM  
hotncmom

I'll qualify this by saying my butt was pretty good to begin with, but I did about a month of BBL before the beach this year and I did get extra compliments from DH. I didn't do any particular rotation, mainly I just did Bum Bum and High and Tight about twice a week each.

Thanks to this thread, I've picked these back up again. Planning on doing some BBL, Ballet Body, and Ruah Release (which I just got today!) and a little Tracy Anderson sprinkled in. Cardio will be mainly dancing and walking the dog with a couple of short (30 min or less) high intensity cardio sessions a week. I have TA Book cardio DVD, Beginner Dance Cardio and Just Dance by Julianne Hough.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 04:15 PM  
momofcha

I want this like there is no tomorrow - but I know I will only do high and tight....

anyone want to get rid of that DVD only????

or can I call BB and act like I need a replacement of that DVD only and order it????

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 05:52 PM  
psnave

Sarah --

Thanks for the link. I need plyo and weights for my droopy butt too according to Self, LOL.

"Your cheeks hang down and merge with the top of your hamstrings".

I do BBL now and again. Leandro and his sexy talk wears on me a little much to do a rotation of just BBL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
I almost finished the 4 week rotation (3 days shy, IIRC) but didn't see any changes. I hadn't been working out before that, so I had hoped to see some kind of improvement.

In another thread, Jenilu posted this link from Self that may explain why. According to them, I would need plyo work and/or heavy weights to see changes there because of my particular shape. (so far, knowing that information hasn't translated into ACTING upon it.)
psnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 08:14 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi All,

I bought BBL on impulse when it came out last winter, based on it being focused on the "bum bum" my favorite body part and also for the fun factor. Truth be told, I have since recognized that no/low weight endurance work just doesn't really do it for my body, which responds much better to high poundage strength workouts.

However, BBL is a great program, and I am happy for my purchase! I just use the workouts individually, to add variety to my routine, instead of as an exclusive rotation. I wouldn't be able to do the workouts every day anyway because those fast moving lunges and squats are not kind on my knees. The series is fun, Leandro is great, and the moves are effective and executed safely. I think a lot of people would respond well to the endurance work and of course there is a cardio benefit as well.

I for one didn't get much out of Cardio Axe but that was expected because I'm not much for dancy type workouts (although it was easy enough to follow along thanks to Leandro's clear instruction). This is a good workout for when I am "in the mood" for dance which isn't very often.

My favorite would have to be High and Tight and I try to incorporate this on a regular basis (particularly the clam sequence with the band). This workout is great for add ons (well chaptered) and is a nice compliment to 10 Minute Solution Belly Butt and Thigh Blaster which also utilizes the (loop) band.

I have not tried Sculpt (or the advanced sculpt from the extended BBL) which is dumb cause it will probably work the best for me! I have only previewed Tummy Tuck but it looks like a good workout.

So bottom line: results for me can't be determined because I've never done a formal rotation nor do the workouts with enough consistency to tell, but, I am glad for the BBL purchase. I didn't click with some other Beachbody systems (Slim Series, P90X) but I do like BBL, and I also like CLX. I for one think the music on BBL is wildly improved from the generic tracks from Slim Series.

I was also going to add that anybody who has done the BBL workouts might consider writing reviews, as it is there is only 1 review for High and Tight and 1 for Tummy Tuck, and 0 for the others. I have it on my tickler for this month, I just want to do the workouts again first because I haven't done them recently enough to write a concise review.

Link to the VF reviews for 2010 releases in which BBL is listed:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsdb/index_year.php
Old 11-08-10, 09:32 PM  
MARIKA

This set gave my butt a LIFT like nothing else ever. When I first got it I swore off all my barre workouts. I wasn't getting any results so I decided to do the BBL rotation & see what it did. Well, it did everything it promised. I still use High &Tight & BB in my weekly rotation. I can't wait for the new series.

ITA about Cardio Axe. I only did it once, just didn't click. I have to say Sculpt is a great total body workout.

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, leandro carvalho