Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-10, 09:15 PM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=Sarah-lara;1475433]Wow, Michelle, what are your results like? DH says I'm, uh, firmer already but I think he's just being kind. It just hasn't been that long yet.

I went down an entire size in my favorite model of jeans! At nearly 44, I am pretty excited about that. And the new pair is so loose I can take them off without unzipping even though it's that TOM!

Unfortunately I have the world's flattest rear end so my next big goal is passing that dratted pencil test (shaking fist at the heavens for losing the genetic butt lottery).

"You must do what you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 09:39 PM  
videofit

How does High and Tight compare to the Original Buns of Steel and Margaret's Home Improvement? Can you buy that workout separately or does it come in a set?
Old 01-06-10, 09:41 PM  
meggie
VF Supporter

How long are these w/o's? Is there anywhere to buy them *besides* BB? (My SS experience scared me away from direct purchases from them...)

thanks
Old 01-06-10, 10:06 PM  
ssgilby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieRN View Post
Oh, and would this be good if your goal is to ADD muscle to your bum? Mine is already small, and I just want to get stronger overall.
Debbie - Yep! There's a rotation for that, it's for the "too flat" butt. It seems to emphasize more building/toning moves and a little less cardio.

Michelle - How long have you been doing BBL? Are you doing it "as is?" Which rotation are you doing?

Today was day 3 of the "too pear shaped" rotation for me. Bum Bum is freakin' hard! LOL! I did it Tuesday, and it's on tap again for tomorrow! Yowza!

Meggie - The workouts are 20 min. (Tummy Tuck), 35 min. (Cardio Axe, Bum Bum and High & Tight) and 50 min. (Sculpt). The basic package also includes two bonus workouts, Bum Bum Live (which I hear is like 26 min.) and Bum Bum Rapido (not sure how long that one is but I bet it's less than 30 min.). Only BB has them, but you can order through Mary at Total Fitness. I ordered through Mary, who was out of stock at the time, but she asked if she could have BB ship it directly to me so that I would get it faster. I said, "sure." It took over a week, but there was the new year holiday in there and UPS was shut down for like 5 days.
Old 01-06-10, 10:10 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

I ordered from Mary at Total Fitness dvds. She's a BB coach. I saw 10 in stock! I ordered the basic.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 10:17 PM  
DebbieRN

[QUOTE=ssgilby;1475475]Debbie - Yep! There's a rotation for that, it's for the "too flat" butt. It seems to emphasize more building/toning moves and a little less cardio.

Well my bum isn't flat thankfully. My knees are getting more problematic as I get older so I don't do as many squats which used to really help. From the clip, I already do many of the moves (ballet and barre) so maybe I'll watch and wait...thanks though.

Debbie
DebbieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 10:21 PM  
laurajhawk

Thank y'all for this thread! I put off Sculpt this morning because the rotation called for Bum Bum + Sculpt and I didn't want to do both. Then I didn't feel great this evening and was thinking about skipping it. But then I saw this thread & you reminded me -- it's 9 degrees outside but if I do my workout, I get to see the beach! So I did.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 10:50 PM  
violingal3

Well, darn, why did I open this thread? I watched the BB clip on Mary's site and I am enchanted with the instructor - he's so charming!

How long are the suggested rotations? Is this a good overall workout program, or do I need to supplement with other workouts to hit other body parts?

ETA - I am ashamed to say it, but I'm not "dancey" or anything like that... Do I need to be coordinated to follow along?!? For example - Slim Series I can handle, but triangle training might be a little complicated at 4 am and I'm still half sleepy! lol
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 10:55 PM  
ladybug79

Each rotation is 4 weeks. Isn't he a doll? I think if you do one of the suggested rotations he program is solid. But each workout clocks in around 30 minutes give or take so they work well as add ons too if you wanted to do that.
Old 01-06-10, 11:10 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I remember seeing clips on youtube -- I'll post a link....

ETA: BBL Clip
Thanks for posting this, Taiga.

So, what if you're concerned with more than your butt? Mine needs work but so does my everything else. (Reducing greatly in size, mostly.) I know this was posted somewhere previously, but does one have to buy the deluxe kit to address other body parts, cause for sure I ain't spending double to get that.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift