Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-10, 06:38 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Oh oh.....I'm not listening...lalalalalala!
same here... I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 07:02 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Phyllis, I got the deluxe. Normally I wouldn't have, but I had some Christmas money so I decided to just go for the gusto. The advanced set gets you Rio Extreme which is a "typical" total body AWT workout (intervals of high-impact cardio and weight work). It looks, on preview, like it is also pretty advanced. You also get Upper Cuts which is a pretty standard, solid upper body program with weights, about 15 minutes long, and Abs Rapido. You also get two extra bands in increasing tensions, and ankle weights which I think are just one pound each. I am unlikely to increase the tension on the band anytime soon, and when I use ankle weights I'll start with 2 lb and go from there, so really the only value I got from the deluxe was the workouts themselves (and I knew that going into it.)

I'm glad to have them, although right now I'm working through the basic and don't anticipate trying Rio Extreme until at probably the 4th week (although I might substitute Abs Rapido for Tummy Tuck when I need to save that 10 minutes!)
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 07:03 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Oh boy, Susan. That's quite the review. You're pushing me over the edge.
Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 07:14 PM  
cardiomama

Great review, glad that you are enjoying the workouts.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 07:24 PM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

I love, love, love High & Tight. I've done it 3 times, and it's so tough and great. Yesterday I had trouble getting up off the floor when I was done--but in a good way. I also liked Bum Bum and Tummy Tuck a lot. I did Cardio Axe, which I liked more than Zumba class since there seemed to be a purpose to the moves and he did take it from the top instead of just put moves to music then move on. But I can't do all the hip stuff, so it's not my favorite. But I'll still try it again.

As for results, my legs and glutes feel stronger already. I don't see a difference yet, but I can feel it's working.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 07:24 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

SusanP is an extreme enabler and I am a lemming. I just placed my order at Mary's site. Time will tell.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 07:32 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I wish I hadn't read this thread.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 07:32 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Kay!!! YAY!!

I forgot to mention that the cutaways to the beach are SO working for me right now. It has been so dark and dreary. The sun came out today, on and off for about half an hour and that was the first I've seen of it in a couple of weeks. It was so refreshing to see a little brightness!

So the cutaways to a sunshiney beach are really awesome right now. It's vaguely reminiscent of Gilad's cutaways in the Quick Fit series to the bikini'd babes on the beach, except it's less OBVIOUS, since the girls, although attractive and fit, are in actual exercise wear, lol.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 07:44 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I forgot to mention that the cutaways to the beach are SO working for me right now. It has been so dark and dreary. The sun came out today, on and off for about half an hour and that was the first I've seen of it in a couple of weeks. It was so refreshing to see a little brightness!
Oh crap!
Quote:
So the cutaways to a sunshiney beach are really awesome right now. It's vaguely reminiscent of Gilad's cutaways in the Quick Fit series to the bikini'd babes on the beach, except it's less OBVIOUS, since the girls, although attractive and fit, are in actual exercise wear, lol.
Double crap! I Gilad and find myself weakening...

Quick! Someone say something bad about these, lol.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 07:50 PM  
MelissaR

Great, I wasn't interested in this . . . until now. Before I give more money to Beachbody, I have a few questions. Currently, I'm in the 3rd stage of a NROL4W rotation. Would I be able to incorporate BBL into it? Would it compliment my current rotation? Also, do you recommend ordering the Basic or Deluxe set? I already own 2 levels of the smaller loop resistance bands. I'm hesitant to order the Basic set only because when I ordered CLX I got the basic set & ended up buying the add on DVD later on anyway.

Thanks & I'm almost hoping you enable me to get this system. I could also use some sunny beach scenes to get me through these cloudy, cold (freezing), snowy days.
~ Mel
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift