Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-10, 04:57 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I am IN LOVE and I MUST RAVE!!!

How many of you ALREADY know what I MUST be talking about, eh?? All those of you who are doing Brazil Butt Lift, that's who!!

Yes, I am IN LOVE with this program! It is so EXACTLY what I need in this dreary gray midwinter mush.

First of all, Leandro. He simply MAKES this whole thing work. He is so enthusiastic and so doggone CUTE I'd like to adopt him (I don't find him sexy, I just find him remarkably endearing because of his enthusiasm and his accent.)

The workouts are so FUN! Bum Bum, the "signature" workout and the core of the program, is REALLY tough. If you hear this program described as "intermediate," beware; if Bum Bum is intermediate, I'm Cathe Friedrich. Seriously. It's one TOUGH workout. I can't even get through the whole thing yet. I start off doing the unmodified moves; about halfway through the set I go to the modified move; and for the last 3 reps, I watch and suck air. Which is just as well because there is NO pause whatsoever before you jump right into the next move. I'd call it AWT, but I don't have anything like it. It isn't that you do cardio and strength intervals. It's that the lower body strength stuff NEVER LETS UP so your heart rate goes through the roof and just stays there. It gave me doms like nobody's business, let me tell ya. I could feel the doms sort of "wrap" around my inner thigh to hamstring/glutes.

Cardio Axe (pronounced, if I heard correctly "Cardio Ashay" --obviously a Portuguese word, I'll have to look it up) is a boatload of fun. If you like Zumba, you would like this. The difference is that in Zumba, the music carries the workout; in Cardio Axe, Leandro's enthusiasm carries the workout. They're both very "hippy" workouts --prepare to let your hips GO, baby. Feels very good. Now this one is indeed intermediate. I burned 200 calories in 30 minutes. For me, 400 cal per hour is a good steady intermediate level cardio. I will probably get more out of it in subsequent times through; I was learning this time.

Tummy Tuck - High intermediate to low advanced. There's not a lot you can do with abs but Leandro does find some rather different moves (different to me, anyway, but I must admit to being an abwork avoider so maybe I've just missed these). There are plenty of crunch and plank variations, some of which are same ol' and some of which are new. As a package, I felt it a lot, esp. in my lower abs, and had to take some breaks.

Haven't done High and Tight yet; I'll report in on that later. But I'm a floorwork lover, so I expect I'll like it, too.

I'm doing the "too big" rotation. I gained 10 pounds last spring when my thyroid made a big swing for the worse and I just haven't focused up till now on shaking it. I noticed that the "too big" rotation had more cardio emphasis, and that's what I need for weight loss and for general happiness.

And I have to say, these workouts are making me very happy. DD1 said to me today "my goodness, my mommy is GLOWING!" because I was just so happy after my workout. She thinks it's cute.... *insert Mr. Roll Affectionate Eyes here*

All I can say is, this is FUN, it's UNIQUE, and I am loving it, baby.

Last edited by susan p; 01-06-10 at 05:09 PM. Reason: typo
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 05:02 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Wow, Susan, that's a rave and a half!!

All you BBL lovers, I'd love to hear what your 'results' are in a couple of months, and whether you've moved on or not. I'm a little intrigued but haven't done well with BB rotations in the past, so I'm wary. Wary but watchful...
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 05:13 PM  
MARIKA

susan, I totally agree! The moves are great, the set is perfect for the winter blahs. Dare I say I think I'm seeing some resulys too!
Old 01-06-10, 05:56 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I like it too. I usually wait months for reviews to come in and get all sorted out, but my mom wanted to buy me something while she was visiting. I'm glad she did!
Old 01-06-10, 06:00 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Oh oh.....I'm not listening...lalalalalala!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 06:04 PM  
boukilisa

So tempting!

How is the music?
boukilisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 06:06 PM  
JP44

Susan, ITA! I knew exactly who you were talking about just from your thread title. LEANDRO IS A GEM and this is the perfect program for winter doldrums and dreary butts.

You'll love Bum Bum Live along w/ High & Tight. BB Live is different from BB so it's nice to have the variety in exercises. Same fast pace as the original BBL too.

Joan (JP44)
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 06:08 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Oh oh.....I'm not listening...lalalalalala!
me neither

There's a thread at YaYas that mentions the evil, enabling VFers. Oh wait, I'm the one who called you all that.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 06:20 PM  
PhyllisG

I swore off BB. There was never a system I liked--P90X, SS, SinS, CLX. I thought that is it plus their business practices and now BBL. I want it. I read your post, went and looked at the clips and it looks great. You are right. It is perfect for the midwinter blahs and think how great you will look come spring and summer! I have been totally enabled. Did you get the basic or the deluxe package?
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 06:33 PM  
chancyd

HA! I KNEW what you were talking about before I even opened the thread

I'm really, really loving these workouts, too! They're fun but tough, and I honestly think I'm seeing some changes in my body (especailly the bum bum) already!

These were the first full workout system I've purchased in a very long time. Don't regret getting this set at all! Even want the deluxe set,though, I know they're not worth $60
chancyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift