Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-16, 11:41 AM  
desderata

Quote:
This is why we love her, right?!
It's certainly why 99% of my workouts are Cathe's - to me, no one else compares in terms of variety, form, professionalism, and no one does low impact with decent intensity except Cathe. I don't do her super intense workouts regularly anymore, but she has enough variety now that I can still do Cathe's 6-7 days a week and not get bored.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-16, 12:29 PM  
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanpeanut View Post
Reminds me of the Workout For Dummies Dvd but the little box popped up for intensifying the moves, it is very distracting. I get into the moves on the full screen and, oops, I can increase here! Look up, look down. Focus, focus, focus.
You are exactly right! I love Fat Burning For Dummies with Gay Gasper, but the box that pops up to intensify the moves really distracts me. I don't know where to look, so I keep looking back and forth between the two, and I lose focus.
Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-16, 12:51 PM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
We're going to try something different this time as far as this goes. We're going to have a premix which will play the normal workout, but at the beginning of any high impact move a video box will pop up showing me demonstrating a low impact move you can do instead. We will explain this more in a separate post.
YES!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!
Old 10-13-16, 04:23 PM  
alydinva

Here is Cathe's post about the modifier with a screen grab of what it will look like:

https://www.facebook.com/cathefitnes...76371142377698
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-16, 08:32 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I am enjoying Cathe workouts again since I got a few of the ICE series. I just bought Flex Train and Lean Legs and Abs. Now with a modifier I am going to check these out. But I will wait for clips. Pick what I like and hopefully get
10OFF and free shipping from Mary.
I'm thinking this is probably what I'm going to end up doing too.

However it sounds like she is only going to do this with the Slam workout.....or did I read her post wrong?
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-16, 08:35 PM  
marki64

I'm 52 and though I still love intensity, I don't move as fast as I use to and I don't work out for an hour and a half anymore. I like that they are under an hour but intense enough to get the job done.

I guess for me, I don't do lower impact stuff and if a workout is labeled high intensity/advanced, as she claims, I wouldn't expect her to have a modifier. I am glad she is showing options for days I might not feel up to the challenge, but it certainly isn't a deal breaker for me.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-16, 05:35 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Amanda barely modified anything. And when she did, it didn't last very long.
I like Amanda, and appreciated the modifications she did provide but I don't think she was the best choice for a modifier. It seemed to me that she wanted to go all out. Personally I think Marlo would have been a better choice.

You are right though, there could have been more modifications.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-16, 05:50 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
That sound you just heard was me caving after I said I wouldn't

It was $9 more for just the basic dvd package without the cycling one.

My reason? I've revamped my workout space a little so I can more easily work out super early in the morning. When I went to pick out a dvd, I picked among my Cathes. She's my go-to, especially if these workouts are well-chaptered and chime in under an hour.
I didn't want these, but now I think I might. I need to stay strong, I am supposed to be a very low buy/no buy.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-16, 07:03 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
I'm thinking this is probably what I'm going to end up doing too.

However it sounds like she is only going to do this with the Slam workout.....or did I read her post wrong?
Cher - your right just cardio slam with have the modifier option. as Cathe states in one of the comments the rest of the workouts are weights and you can either simply lower your step or lower your weights.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-16, 07:27 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Cher - your right just cardio slam with have the modifier option. as Cathe states in one of the comments the rest of the workouts are weights and you can either simply lower your step or lower your weights.
I find it's very easy to modify cardio, too. I usually just keep it low impact when they do high impact. Or I substitute a low impact move I like for a high impact move they're doing. Modifiers often distract me because they're so obviously doing something different.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe strong and sweaty, modifier, strong and sweaty