Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-13, 05:10 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

My yoga collection is small but changes rarely. I really like these, they are all 20 minute programs....

Yoga Zone Evening Stress Release
Yoga Zone Strengthen/Tone
Sara Ivanhoe 20 Minute Yoga Makeover series

I also like Karen Voights Yoga Focus stretch routine, which is about 20 minutes. I recently acquired the Sleek/Slim Physique DVD and it has it on there.

I recently added Yoga for Beginners but have yet to try it, looks great though.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 11:01 PM  
bfit

A yoga DVD that I really enjoy is Taste with Sara Ivanhoe. It has many 5 minute segments that you can put together as you want.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 07:05 AM  
lotusgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
... the Namaste shows, 777goros has the full shows on her YouTube channel
Thank you for this! I had purchased them on Roku, but then they were taken off. I was NOT happy since the DVDs are too expensive.
Old 04-04-13, 09:14 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardio.junkie View Post
I would like to add to my yoga collection. I like doing yoga at the end of my workout for 20 - 30 minutes. I also love more challenging yoga. Not so much spiritual. Would love to hear recommendations other than Blissology (which I have)!

Thank you in advance!
Yoga Short Forms by David Swenson. These are Ashtanga yoga practices. 15, 30, and 45 minutes long. It's David in a botanical garden, in voice over. Terrific deep relaxation at the end. It is easily my most-used yoga DVD.

I also second Baron Baptiste's Unlocking Athletic Power and Core Power. I use these a lot too.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 09:50 AM  
atara

I've never found a yoga DVD (short or long) I liked because I like to hold poses and take off in different directions depending on what my body needs. So, I just learn the poses and do my own stretching.
atara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 10:38 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
Yoga Short Forms by David Swenson. These are Ashtanga yoga practices. 15, 30, and 45 minutes long. It's David in a botanical garden, in voice over. Terrific deep relaxation at the end. It is easily my most-used yoga DVD.
Ooh, yes, I second this one too. I didn't think of it because I usually use the 45- minute program (so I don't think of it as a "short" workout) but it is excellent.

In a similar mode, there are 3 DVDs by Nicki Doane, under the heading of "Maya Yoga" - the three are standing poses, backbends, and core. Each DVD has 20, 30, and 45-minute practices. The 20-minute ones are more geared for beginners, but the 30-minute programs are nice short workouts. Like Swenson, Doane has an Ashtanga background; her practices are paced similarly and use some of the same terminology; but she's shifted to vinyasa yoga and her sequences have more variety than Ashtanga does.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 03:31 AM  
cardio.junkie

Wow, so many awesome suggestions. I'm going to have to put the rest on my wish list, and slow-down with the buying. I can't wait to get them. Thank you all for the great suggestions! Some, I have never heard of even.
cardio.junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 09:30 AM  
starbelly

Some of these practices/teachers are available at My Yoga Online. You can do a search for a free trial (usually 1-2 weeks) and try them out that way. You can also search for practices based on length, level and style.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 09:52 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I haven't tried the practices on this website yet but they do look good & the search interface is handy: www.doyogawithme.com -- enjoy!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nicki doane, yoga