Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-12, 01:09 PM  
buttons11

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
I wasn;t going to comment - but wanted to say please wait until tomorrow to buy! KCM DVDs were on sale during Mary's holiday sale, so definitely wait until tomorrow (April 1) once you decide.
ah yes I will wait till Apr1
that why I'm gettin my wish list 'sitchiated' now
I'm crossin my fingers & toes these will make the sale list
thanks for the heads up though Abot!
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 01:21 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons11 View Post
thanks for your feedback every one...

I usually modify on my own and as advised will observe Lauren too

my impression is it may be something I am not aware of as tricky...
and I have found many times my injuries are those that I did not feel while doing the movement...
but the pain appeared later...sometimes the next day

I guess I just wondered if there was any move in particular that was problematic???

as you advise I can just go light & minimize the 'unique' moves
There is a move that she holds one dumbell and "rolls" it, using the shoulders. I used an 8 pounder last time which was okay, but I may use 5 next time. I believe KCM uses a 7 pounder, which I don't have. Believe it or not the extra pound does make a difference.

Another one that comes to mind is where she holds one dumbell, lunges to the side, brings the dumbell across the body and back, then lifts it up and down. Probably not describing it very well, but I used 10 for that one I think, next time (for me) 8 pounds might be better.

These moves are not necessarily problematic, just might want to be a little more careful is all. Adding the twists that she does on some moves, doesn't really make them suitable for heavy lifting anyway, so light is better.

HTH!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 01:43 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I still don't get where people think that Kelly's weight form is off. Maybe I just naturally adjust what looks unsafe to me, as I rarely ever follow any workout exactly. Plus, I rarely preview a workout, I just jump right in.
That. I do the "rolling" move with either 8 or 5 pounds, usually 5. There is another shoulder/bicep combo move that I do with either 12, 10, or 8 depending on how worked my shoulders feel.

I love Circuit Burn---it is my favorite Kelly. There are so many different premix options that make it easy to do on either an "easy" or a "hard" day.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 02:12 PM  
Elise7

One of the last upper body moves is kind of weired for me. It is a combo of a standing chest press and bicep curl. I modify that one. But I highly recommend the workout!
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 04:05 PM  
juberann

LOVE, LOVE Circuit Burn I love all of Kelly's workouts and have never experienced an injury doing her weight work. I always listen to my body and make adjustments if needed and I rarely have to do that with Kelly's workouts. I would wait until tomorrow to see what Mary has on sale but Circuit Burn (and the others you have in your cart) are all awesome workouts and worth having

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, circuit, circuit burn, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer