Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-14-10, 02:10 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I know exactly what you mean!! I smile the whole way through it the times I have done it (in fact, one of my kids asked me once "why are you smiling so much?"). I almost pulled it out to do today.... I haven't done it in a while, but will have to revisit!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 02:31 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

I bought the set recently with my birthday money and really like this set. It's not as hard as some of the stuff I'm use to, but it is a nice change of pace and I certainly do work up a sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
First of all, Leandro. He simply MAKES this whole thing work. He is so enthusiastic and so doggone CUTE I'd like to adopt him (I don't find him sexy, I just find him remarkably endearing because of his enthusiasm and his accent.)
I want to adopt Leandro too. He's just too adorable!

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 02:40 PM  
Kesal

Thumbs up

I will also add a late rave for BBL. I’m just completing my 4th week of doing primarily BBL workouts. They are so much fun, and the choreography is just the right level for klutzy me to feel challenged but not frustrated. My back and hips always feel great when I finish one of the workouts, too.

And… I actually have measurable results. That never happens. I’m in a happy weight zone, so I’m just looking to maintain a balance between exercise and eating and not really looking to lose. And I didn’t lose weight. I gained 3 lbs this month because I’ve been pretty carefree about eating. Nevertheless, I lost about ¾” from my waist and a little more than ¼” from each thigh. My hips/butt stayed the same, inch-wise, but I now pass the “pencil test”, which I didn’t before I started BBL. I can imagine how effective the workouts would be if I were actually careful about food! Which I’m now going to be for a while, because inch loss or no, I’m not keeping those three pounds.

I’m only going to do the one month rotation, because I want to move on before I get bored. But I will definitely be coming back to BBL!
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 02:58 PM  
mj476

I'm also really late to the party. I just got these a few weeks ago. I am really LOVING these workouts!

I am doing the Combination rotation and am towards the end of my second week. I just passed the pencil test. My butt was pretty lifted already but I just needed an additional lift.

The only workout I don't care for is Tummy Tuck. I did it once and am subbing all of my other various core workouts which I never seem to get a chance to do.

I am doing High & Tight with 3# ankle weights and am using the yellow band. For anyone who has 10MS Belly, Butt & Thigh, do you think the blue band is more resistance than the yellow? I've tried both and can't decide. I feel like I can move up from the yellow band. Is there any place to buy these bands aside from Mary and Beachbody?

Cardio Axe really puts me in a good mood. I dance a lot so this wasn't hard for me but it's a lot of fun.

Sculpt is a great total body workout with combination moves. Love the overhead press with leg lift and curtsy lunge. I did feel myself missing some upper body work the first week which only had Sculpt once in the rotation that week. But weeks 2 and 3 have it 3x a week. I try and add in pullups/chinups a few times a week.

These aren't the toughest workouts that I've done but I do feel myself working and they are non-dread workouts and I know I will do these workouts even after my rotation is over.

In addition to the rotation, I go to a dance class once a week, take a 30-minute walk 5x a week and add in chinups/pullups a few times a week.

I will post results when I'm done.

Marcy
Old 10-14-10, 05:50 PM  
laurajhawk

F1Mom, so glad you're loving Cardio Axe! I don't think I've done it all summer -- I replaced it with walks outside when I did my last BBL rotation -- but I love it in the winter; it's fun AND it's a trip to the beach.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 06:47 PM  
MARIKA

I still keep these in my weekly rotation. They sre not difficult but they deliver results! When something does what it claims it's refreshing.
Old 10-15-10, 10:00 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj476 View Post
I'm also really late to the party. I just got these a few weeks ago. I am really LOVING these workouts!

. I feel like I can move up from the yellow band. Is there any place to buy these bands aside from Mary and Beachbody?

Marcy
I got my bands from Cathe. Her loops were $11 and they come in a 3-pak. I heard the yellow band in the BBL kit breaks easily so I never tried it.

I've had this kit for a year and have only done a couple of the workouts. I've been tempted lately to pull it out and use the BBL workouts in my current rotation of Slim Series/TA and cardio. I want to work my lower body 5 times a week - since it's been a problem area for me lately. I'm in the mood for some light cardio today, so I may try Cardio Axe, as well as High and Tight.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 10:26 AM  
laurajhawk

I got some bands from Perform Better. They're a little heavier and a little shorter than the BB bands; I use their yellow (light, but not as light as BB yellow) and green (medium) bands for High & Tight.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 10:29 AM  
mj476

Leslie & Laura - Thanks for the info. Going to check it out now.

ETA: Just checked it out. Why does Cathe's shipping have to be so expensive?

Laura - What kind of bands did you get from Perform Better? I can't seem to find them.

Marcy

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift