Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-21-19, 12:13 PM  
Sara1000

Don't Like 'Stacked' Workouts

I've been using the LITE workout 'Strong Body Stacked Sets - Upper'. She does, for example, 7 different exercises for back and biceps, then repeats the whole sequence. It's like the 'Take it from the Top' used in so many cardio workouts, which I've always hated. When I get to the end of a sequence I just don't feel like starting it over.

Today I just repeated each exercise by skipping back before going on to the next exercise. That way I did each set twice and was done. I liked this much better. I usually have to pause after a set anyway to change weights etc.

I do like the way this workout easily divides into splits - there are premixes for that.

I suppose I am messing up whatever advantage the 'stacked' approach is supposed to have, but I feel I'm getting a good workout. You can do the split premixes in about 20 minutes each, including warm up and stretch.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-19, 03:02 PM  
Sara1000

Am I the only one who doesn't like this method?
Old 01-21-19, 03:06 PM  
dnna

I haven't done this workout but there were some Fitprimes that worked one side- the weaker side- (for a long time) and then went back and did the other stronger side. which was deadly boring . I totally get the Groundhog day reference. Just could not do those workouts.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-19, 03:24 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Nope, don’t like it. When I did Stacked UB, I only ran through each set of exercises once. Although — I do love her Ramped Up UB, and isn’t that the same concept? Maybe I’m unfairly judging.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-19, 04:05 PM  
Messe

Not me. I loved both the "Stacked" workouts. The splits on Pyramid Pump, on the other hand, make me want to throw something at my TV screen.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-19, 04:35 PM  
Lannette

My initial response to Stacked UB was that I didn’t care for it. For me the constantly being off the music drove me crazy.

I loved Stacked LB! It felt like the WO fit the music.

So basically I’m not sure if it’s the being off the music or the actual WO that I didn’t like.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-19, 04:56 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
Not me. I loved both the "Stacked" workouts. The splits on Pyramid Pump, on the other hand, make me want to throw something at my TV screen.
I feel the same. Haha. That’s why I only do the premixes with much less repetition. This works great for me. One Premix goes through each exercise once. I just used the heaviest weight on that day.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-19, 05:12 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I feel the same. Haha. That’s why I only do the premixes with much less repetition. This works great for me. One Premix goes through each exercise once. I just used the heaviest weight on that day.
I tried it that way and really enjoyed it - I was just afraid I wasn't getting enough - but will use heavier weights next time
Old 01-21-19, 05:18 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Nope, don’t like it. When I did Stacked UB, I only ran through each set of exercises once. Although — I do love her Ramped Up UB, and isn’t that the same concept? Maybe I’m unfairly judging.
That one has some repetition but it's only two exercises, like chest flys/push ups chest flys/push ups; mostly it's just one exercise repeated 2 or 3 times. I like that much better. That's one of my favorite workouts
Old 01-21-19, 07:47 PM  
cecififi

i liked it and was sooooooooo sore later in the day and the next. i did pyramid upper body today and loved that too! i am so happy to have another pyramid workout. i am loving this series.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe lite, cathe lite reviews