Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-13, 08:42 AM  
PhyllisG

P57 vs Dream Body series

I have been revisiting P57--all of them--and have been loving them. But the Dream Body series is still on my wish list and really it is my budget that is holding me back.
If you have both, have done both, I would love to hear your opinions.

Last edited by PhyllisG; 03-22-13 at 08:42 AM. Reason: typo
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 09:28 AM  
edensmom

I have done both. I prefer Dream Body. Nothing against P57. Fun workouts. I prefer the aesthetic DB gave. I didn't like P57's effect on my lower half. I find DB more intense as well.
HTH.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 09:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I have done both. I prefer Dream Body. Nothing against P57. Fun workouts. I prefer the aesthetic DB gave. I didn't like P57's effect on my lower half. I find DB more intense as well.
HTH.
edensmom, I think it was you on the Slim Series thread saying you got great results doing a SS rotation at one time. Do you find you are getting similar results with DB? I know the OP was comparing DB with P57 but maybe we could throw SS in there too? Thanks.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 10:08 AM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
edensmom, I think it was you on the Slim Series thread saying you got great results doing a SS rotation at one time. Do you find you are getting similar results with DB? I know the OP was comparing DB with P57 but maybe we could throw SS in there too? Thanks.
I have actually thought these share some similarities since I got this set but wouldn't want to scare anyone off, lol. They are high rep and really focus in on women's trouble spots- glutes, outer and inner thighs, obliques. One thing that I like better about DB is the arms get worked a lot in plank and with less traditional arm work. My arms muscles get a little big for my taste with a lot of bicep curls, etc., high rep or not. But as far as the lower body, the results are close. They do throw a bit more explosive movement in, which I like for my butt. I think they would work well together. They really are going after the same type of aesthetic.
Old 03-23-13, 10:23 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thanks for your reply, edensmom. I have been interested in this set for awhile but have been trying to convince myself they're not for me. But I do like SS and the results I get from it so I think DB really might be something I would like and would be effective for me. Now do I really NEED it, well that's another story...
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 10:33 AM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Thanks for your reply, edensmom. I have been interested in this set for awhile but have been trying to convince myself they're not for me. But I do like SS and the results I get from it so I think DB really might be something I would like and would be effective for me. Now do I really NEED it, well that's another story...
I have gotten a lot more use out of this set than I have many (most) of my other purchases. Many times I will get something new and it sits on the shelf, or gets used once and forgotten. I have used this every single week since I got it- except this week due to illness (I have the flu, daughter has strep throat.) I am really happy I got it. I'm sure you could live without it, but if you can spring for it, it is a great set.
Old 03-23-13, 11:00 AM  
diggerholliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I have actually thought these share some similarities since I got this set but wouldn't want to scare anyone off, lol. They are high rep and really focus in on women's trouble spots- glutes, outer and inner thighs, obliques. One thing that I like better about DB is the arms get worked a lot in plank and with less traditional arm work. My arms muscles get a little big for my taste with a lot of bicep curls, etc., high rep or not. But as far as the lower body, the results are close. They do throw a bit more explosive movement in, which I like for my butt. I think they would work well together. They really are going after the same type of aesthetic.
Oh, no!!!
I have been sorta, kinda interested in this set for a while but have been turned off by all the equipment needed but this just turned everything around.

I have a love/hate relationship with SS. I love it because it's easy and gives me noticeable results in about a month. but I hate how long some of them are and the background exercisers annoy me.

I think I might be due for a treat
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 09:29 AM  
momofcha

I was a die hard barre fan for a few years now. I have tried BB, P57, pure barre, etc. I did P57 a TON. For years. It is a great program, but I also love Dream Body. Honestly, if you like barre workouts, do not get Dream Body expecting "barre" workouts. They really aren't. They are very athletic - which I love! Minimal if any, impact. Ballet burpees,mountain climbers, kickboxing, planks, push ups, some barre work in the barre workout - but only about 20 minutes.

Dream Body is pushing my body (in a good way) that I never got from barre. There is a lot of floor work in DB and a lot of inner thigh work that is giving me awesome definition. The variety is awesome, and the instructors are very motivating.

To compare the two is almost like apples and oranges. I'm seeing better leg definition and shoulder & tricep definition than I ever did with years of barre previously. My abs are still a work in progress, but they always have been for me.

I hope this helps.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 10:15 AM  
PhyllisG

Yes Sue that does help. I am not a fan of any of the barre workouts except for P57. I have had many of them and traded or sold them. But I do like P57 and I also like Tracey Anderson. I like lots of floor work. Sounds like these may be a good choice for me.
Any other opinions are welcome!
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 11:19 AM  
edensmom

The floorwork in DB is excellent. Lots of inner thigh, abs/obliques/triceps. Also cardio performed on the floor which is great for the arms!

I really love DB. I have been sick for almost 2 weeks so I have set them aside (too hard right now) until I get better. Soon I hope!

Sue is right, these aren't "barre" workouts. Even the barre one IMO is more of a fusion workout. I LOVE the way they blend the exercises.

Tags
dream body fusion