Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-22, 05:22 PM  
wendug
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago burb
Erica- I've never been able to do a pull up, but I haven't tried in a while. Maybe now that I'm stronger I can do one.

Today is another new instructor for me- Michelle Briehler. I did her Smaller Waist Fat Burning Cardio & Arm Sculpting Workout.
This is another fun low impact kickboxing inspired workout. I'm so happy I've found lots of kickboxing workouts on YT since it is my favorite form of cardio. During the workout I wanted the instructor to go back to one of the ladies in the background to tell her to move her waist while punching. I kept thinking of KCM in one of her videos where she demonstrates "don't punch like this- put some effort into it!" The background exerciser was doing the "don't punch like this" move.
__________________
Wendy
wendug is offline  
Old 07-31-22, 05:58 PM  
Erica H.
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post

Today is another new instructor for me- Michelle Briehler. I did her Smaller Waist Fat Burning Cardio & Arm Sculpting Workout.
This is another fun low impact kickboxing inspired workout. I'm so happy I've found lots of kickboxing workouts on YT since it is my favorite form of cardio. During the workout I wanted the instructor to go back to one of the ladies in the background to tell her to move her waist while punching. I kept thinking of KCM in one of her videos where she demonstrates "don't punch like this- put some effort into it!" The background exerciser was doing the "don't punch like this" move.
Thanks for sharing! This one looks good. I've done a few of her workouts and have liked them.

KCM is really good about motivating to put a lot of power into kickboxing.

I don't know if you've tried these two channels for kickboxing or if this is the type of kickboxing you like, but I used to use these a lot as well as others:
https://www.youtube.com/user/GetFitw...o%20kickboxing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbz...DlFBiAA/videos

I haven't been doing kickboxing much anymore since I prefer using my heavy bag.

Erica
Erica H. is offline  
Old 07-31-22, 07:12 PM  
wendug
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago burb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Thanks for sharing! This one looks good. I've done a few of her workouts and have liked them.

KCM is really good about motivating to put a lot of power into kickboxing.

I don't know if you've tried these two channels for kickboxing or if this is the type of kickboxing you like, but I used to use these a lot as well as others:
https://www.youtube.com/user/GetFitw...o%20kickboxing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbz...DlFBiAA/videos

I haven't been doing kickboxing much anymore since I prefer using my heavy bag.

Erica
Thanks for the links! I have not heard of either of these channels so I'll check them out.
__________________
Wendy
wendug is offline  
Old 08-01-22, 08:42 AM  
Erica H.
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Oh, I forgot about this one. I've actually never done any of them because I found her after I stopped doing kickboxing but I subscribe to her channel and her workouts look great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H_i...FHn2lM7_c1kRHt

Erica
Erica H. is offline  
Old 08-01-22, 05:18 PM  
wendug
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago burb
Erica- I have never used a heavy bag. I wouldn't mind having one, but I have zero space to put it.

Today's workout- Caroline Girvan Iron Series Day 26- Leg Workout- Circuits Step-Ups. I previewed this before but have never done it. Oh my! My legs are jello! I used my 25s throughout (and 2 dumbbells for the sumo deadlift), but had to drop to my 20s for the static lunges on the last set. I used my transfirmer (14 inches) for the step ups as I don't have anything taller. I focused on going slow and really feeling the muscle. This is another great lower body workout from CG.
__________________
Wendy
wendug is offline  
Old 08-03-22, 04:58 PM  
wendug
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago burb
I took yesterday off as it was my 50th birthday! I never expected to be lifting my heaviest weights as I head into my fifties and I'm very thankful!

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- 35 min. low impact all standing cardio abs. I'm loving Michelle's low impact workouts. I've previewed lots of her workouts and there are so many I want to try! I'm still sticking with low impact as my ankle was feeling a little wonky. It feels better, but I don't want to jump into anything too high impact too early.
__________________
Wendy
wendug is offline  
Old 08-03-22, 05:03 PM  
Erica H.
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I took yesterday off as it was my 50th birthday! I never expected to be lifting my heaviest weights as I head into my fifties and I'm very thankful!

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- 35 min. low impact all standing cardio abs. I'm loving Michelle's low impact workouts. I've previewed lots of her workouts and there are so many I want to try! I'm still sticking with low impact as my ankle was feeling a little wonky. It feels better, but I don't want to jump into anything too high impact too early.
Happy Belated 50th Birthday!

Glad you are being cautious with your ankle. Always better to be safe than sorry. Looks like another good one from Michelle!

Erica

Erica
Erica H. is offline  
Old 08-04-22, 05:35 PM  
wendug
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago burb
Erica- Thanks for the birthday wishes! My ankle was bothering me a bit today, so I ordered an ankle compression wrap and some new insoles for my sneakers. Hopefully those will help!

Today's workout- Caroline Girvan- EPIC Endgame #2- Bold Upper Body Workout. I think this is my favorite Caroline workout yet. The sets are one minute long, with a 30 second rest. I like the longer length that way I can get in 12-15 reps per set. There are also one arm moves, so I was able to pull out my one big bulky 35 pound dumbbell for rows. The staple is the diagonal raise, which I love to work the shoulders. I was struggling with the finisher of 100 frontal raises, but I did it (with several breaks ). My shoulders are toast.
__________________
Wendy
wendug is offline  
Old 08-04-22, 05:54 PM  
Erica H.
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Erica- Thanks for the birthday wishes! My ankle was bothering me a bit today, so I ordered an ankle compression wrap and some new insoles for my sneakers. Hopefully those will help!

Today's workout- Caroline Girvan- EPIC Endgame #2- Bold Upper Body Workout. I think this is my favorite Caroline workout yet. The sets are one minute long, with a 30 second rest. I like the longer length that way I can get in 12-15 reps per set. There are also one arm moves, so I was able to pull out my one big bulky 35 pound dumbbell for rows. The staple is the diagonal raise, which I love to work the shoulders. I was struggling with the finisher of 100 frontal raises, but I did it (with several breaks ). My shoulders are toast.
That's a favorite of mine too. I really liked Endgame and Iron because of the heavier weights. I definitely got stronger. I never use the really heavy weights for shoulders when Caroline does because I'm too afraid of a shoulder injury.

Hope your ankle heals soon.

Erica
Erica H. is offline  
Old 08-04-22, 09:46 PM  
gigi
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
It makes my heart happy that more are checking in again! I have not had the mental strength to workout since my mom's passing on July 20th. Today was the first day I stayed home (on my birthday) to do some prep work before I go back to school on Monday. We celebrated my birthday early (last Saturday) while we still had family in town (my sister and her family that lives here, my brother from Alaska, and my aunt from Michigan). I'm so thankful for the time to spend with friends and family that are such a blessing and help to me and my family during this time.

Every day I say that I'm going to finish the last two weeks of Iron starting tomorrow so we'll see.

So happy to see the check-in thriving! Thanks Erica and Wendy!
__________________
Angela
gigi is offline  
 

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2024 Video Fitness