Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-21-22, 10:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Maybe some other time. I tried twice and got too frustrated. Weird because I'm a crossword addict and even finish the NYT Sunday Crossword most weeks without peeking.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 11:22 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Maybe some other time. I tried twice and got too frustrated. Weird because I'm a crossword addict and even finish the NYT Sunday Crossword most weeks without peeking.
If you do want to try again, I'd encourage you to watch a couple of Sean Plays videos on YouTube first. I found that before I even tried to play because I wanted to see what it was like. He thinks about the game differently than maybe some people would approach it, and he uses math, and I've found his method to make it fun and but still satisfying, if that makes sense. You definitely want to have pen and paper nearby to list the possible letters for each column once you narrow things down.
Old 01-21-22, 12:32 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks Bee - good idea about having pen and paper handy.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 04:44 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Maybe some other time. I tried twice and got too frustrated.
Same here!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 05:06 PM  
Vantreesta

I almost did but I'm like a dog with a bone. I stepped away for a while and when I came back I figured it out. I used a white board to help!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 06:31 PM  
wendug

I kept seeing mentions of wordle on Twitter so I checked it out. I played the first time yesterday and got it in 3 tries. Did it today and got it in 4 tries. It's fun!
Old 01-22-22, 04:38 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
If you do want to try again, I'd encourage you to watch a couple of Sean Plays videos on YouTube first. I found that before I even tried to play because I wanted to see what it was like. He thinks about the game differently than maybe some people would approach it, and he uses math, and I've found his method to make it fun and but still satisfying, if that makes sense. You definitely want to have pen and paper nearby to list the possible letters for each column once you narrow things down.
Wow, having to use pen and paper would make it way too much work for me, LOL.

I like to choose different words to start each day depending on my mood. What has helped me is that once I know where a letter should go, I fill in other letters around it, even if they don't make a word (I don't hit enter). Being able to see it visually and talk it out helps me a lot; I got MAGIC on Wordle Unlimited that way when I was otherwise lost.

I thought this article about what words people choose to start was interesting:
https://www.polygon.com/gaming/22884...5-letter-words

And I also liked this article about the creator of Wordle:
https://slate.com/culture/2022/01/wo...egy-stats.html

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 01:53 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I started doing Wordle recently. It's a good exercise, but some of the words are from the British English dictionary (since it's a British site).

I love the NY Times spelling bee and do it every day. It is 7 letters in a circle, with one letter in the middle. You have to make words of at least 4 letters, and all letters must contain the middle letter. There is always at least 1 word that has all the letters in it. The more words you get, the higher your level and score. Genius is the highest.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 12:28 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
I just looked at it and was frustrated lol. But I’m not much of a game player.
Old 01-23-22, 03:34 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I started doing Wordle recently. It's a good exercise, but some of the words are from the British English dictionary (since it's a British site).

I love the NY Times spelling bee and do it every day. It is 7 letters in a circle, with one letter in the middle. You have to make words of at least 4 letters, and all letters must contain the middle letter. There is always at least 1 word that has all the letters in it. The more words you get, the higher your level and score. Genius is the highest.
I do the Spelling Bee every night, sometimes with my husband. It's a fun little end to my day and very challenging!

Tags
brain fitness, games, just for fun, just for fun threads, off topic, off-topic, wordle